Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Missed the game lads. Who got injured and how bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    macslash wrote: »
    Missed the game lads. Who got injured and how bad?

Both Fitzs went off injured. Conor looked quite bad seemed in a lot of pain and physio and doc asked for stretcher straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Both Fitzs went off injured. Conor looked quite bad seemed in a lot of pain and physio and doc asked for stretcher straight away

Porch is ok?

Then why he didn't come back for the final 3 min ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

KBurke85 wrote: »

Kenny came off at the end with what looked like a bad concussion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Porch is ok?

Then why he didn't come back for the final 3 min ?

He picked up a knock and treatment before he was subbed a few mins later

• Advertisement

Gosh we're shourt for backs if bad
    Healy should finally come back...

at worse we could have for Europe

10) Carty
    11) Healy
    12) Daly
    13) Godwin
    14) Niyi
    15) TOH

22) Horwitz
    23) Goddard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Connacht attacking patterns are akin to a tag team - shovelling the thing along the line until someone gets tackled. Fairly aimless, taking the ball either stationary or with little momentum, poor stuff all round.

10) Carty
    11) Healy
    12) Daly
    13) Godwin
    14) Niyi
    15) TOH

22) Horwitz
    23) Goddard..

Except if Leader is ready, was announced for this game with a ? on Craggy podcast. At least on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over

10) Carty
    11) Healy
    12) Daly
    13) Godwin
    14) Niyi
    15) TOH

22) Horwitz
    23) Goddard..

Where is Aki?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Where is Aki?

And I'm fairly sure Goddard isn't registered for Europe.

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    And I'm fairly sure Goddard isn't registered for Europe.

He can be, easily this season because of RWC year

Where is Aki?

Aki is bound to Ireland and will never be allowed back for Connacht now:rolleyes:
    Just forgot about him. Yeah huge relief, Daly on the bench then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Aki is bound to Ireland and will never be allowed back for Connacht now:rolleyes:
    Just forgot about him. Yeah huge relief, Daly on the bench then

Aki will be available next week. He isn't bound to Ireland for European games.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

10) Carty
    11) Healy
    12) Daly
    13) Godwin
    14) Niyi
    15) TOH

22) Horwitz
    23) Goddard..

3 10s and last seasons 10 cover in the same match squad, interesting

Aki will be available next week. He isn't bound to Ireland for European games.

I was ironic, I just forgot about him.
    Still think the few minutes he played don't need his rest. But whatever, we wouldn't have got anything in the RDS anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hope some of the injuries clear up soon, it's impossible to mark the keep fresh at the moment and unfortunately it shows a bit. Same guys can't play 7 or 8 weeks in a row and keep the level of performance up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigRigsOnly

Where is Aki?

Word that Niyi & Robb will both be fit yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Hope some of the injuries clear up soon, it's impossible to mark the keep fresh at the moment and unfortunately it shows a bit. Same guys can't play 7 or 8 weeks in a row and keep the level of performance up.

goodwin seems to have played so many games, has to be affecting his performance at this stadge,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    gally74 wrote: »
    goodwin seems to have played so many games, has to be affecting his performance at this stadge,

I’d add that shifting between center and wing isn’t helping him either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    gally74 wrote: »

Blade as well. Looks wrecked at the minute, even if Marmion isn't available I'd be having a look at Kerins for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    its_phil wrote: »
    Blade as well. Looks wrecked at the minute, even if Marmion isn't available I'd be having a look at Kerins for next week.

Karina is really going well

The Friend Zone
    Developing 9s is something Connacht seem to have sorted pretty well. Marmion and blade should both be in contention with Irish squads when fit and on form. Kerins is beginning to look like a player who I wouldn’t fear being thrown in to pro14 games regularly and then Colm Reilly in the academy too.

I think friend made a few mistakes with picking his teams over the intros, particularly not starting carty vs Munster and not giving Kerins a start against ulster. Blade and Fitzgerald have both played a huge amount of rugby.

The Friend Zone
    Seen a few posts on forums, twitter and even the 42 comments linking faingaa with a move to England/France. Really not what you want to be reading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Seen a few posts on forums, twitter and even the 42 comments linking faingaa with a move to England/France. Really not what you want to be reading

Hopefully Aki moving to a central contract frees up some funds to try to hold onto him. Different team with Fainga'a and Butler in the back row.

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Hopefully Aki moving to a central contract frees up some funds to try to hold onto him. Different team with Fainga'a and Butler in the back row.

Faingaa is absolutely vital to Connacht attack. The team looks so blunt with out faingaa and Farrell I’m the side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Developing 9s is something Connacht seem to have sorted pretty well. Marmion and blade should both be in contention with Irish squads when fit and on form. Kerins is beginning to look like a player who I wouldn’t fear being thrown in to pro14 games regularly and then Colm Reilly in the academy too.

I think friend made a few mistakes with picking his teams over the intros, particularly not starting carty vs Munster and not giving Kerins a start against ulster. Blade and Fitzgerald have both played a huge amount of rugby.

Ya it made no sense to me not starting Carty v Munster when he was not going to be involved in the other two games at all. Couldn’t see the logic in it. Fitzgerald is in good form but due a slump because if we are being honest not many expected him to play this well and he could just be in good form. Flogging him will increase the chances of a dip.

Mul, it's over

Carty vs Munster was a big mistake alright considering he had to take two weeks off.

Mul, it's over
    Faingaa is absolutely vital to Connacht attack. The team looks so blunt with out faingaa and Farrell I’m the side

Throw Aki, Dillane, Butler with Tom and Faingaa as well. Not a whole lot of weapons left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Except if Leader is ready, was announced for this game with a ? on Craggy podcast. At least on the bench

Saw him in a protective boot the other day - doubt he is fit

• Advertisement

JJJackal wrote: »
    Saw him in a protective boot the other day - doubt he is fit

FFS
    About Fainga'a of course I'd be disappointed as every others, but there are sooo many talents in Leinster there I think we can snap one of them.
    BTW Boyle was very good again yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement