Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Does McAllister offer more than Buckley? Suprised to see him start.

Kerins over Blade is a big statement from Friend

Personally I think he is just a bit better and seems to be starting alot of the games when fit.
    Blade has played far too many games but has to be on the bench as Marmion is not fit. Kerins has been playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Blade has played far too many games but has to be on the bench as Marmion is not fit. Kerins has been playing well.
    So rest him in the biggest home game of the year and take a chance an inexperienced player? Marmion was training all week.
    Selection has seemed off to me all year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

So rest him in the biggest home game of the year and take a chance an inexperienced player? Marmion was training all week.
    Selection has seemed off to me all year

Blade looks absolutely wrecked. Kerins has been lively off bench and deserves a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Disappointing on the funding, no doubt that they will delay the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

sydthebeat wrote: »
    fully loaded !

Clement Castets
    Julien Marchand
    Charlie Faumuina
    Florian Verhaeghe
    Iosefa Tekori
    Rynhardt Elstadt
    Jerome Kaino
    Selevasio Tolofua
    Antoine Dupont
    Zack Holmes
    Cheslin Kolbe
    Pita Ahki
    Sofiane Guitoune
    Arthur Bonneval
    Thomas Ramos

Substitutes
    Peato Mauvaka
    Rodrigue Neti
    Dorian Aldegheri
    Rory Arnold
    Alban Placines
    Sebastien Bezy
    Romain Ntamack
    Yoann Huget

Not fully, 3 injured, 2 ill.
    Toulouse fans share our analysis it's close to a 50/50.

I fear about Kerrins inexperience, but Blade could come in early to close out the game.
    They fear about their "light and not in form" 2nd row

I think the key will be Back-row. They've more power, we've better tacklers

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Fully loaded means playing their best team possible.

They are not resting anyone other than arguably ntamack on the bench, though Holmes is seen as the senior 20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Fully loaded means playing their best team possible.

They are not resting anyone other than arguably ntamack on the bench, though Holmes is seen as the senior 20

So, they are in big troubles:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    So, they are in big troubles:D

Lol

I'm blaming my fat fingers

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »

A pool, gym and water polo pitch in knocknacarra received 8 million in funding. Who tf is gonna use a water polo pitch in Galway seriously?? FFS. Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Was the same with Leinster and RDS. €15 million requested and were told should be no problem, and now they've announced it'll only be 10 million as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

A pool, gym and water polo pitch in knocknacarra received 8 million in funding. Who tf is gonna use a water polo pitch in Galway seriously?? FFS. Politics.

Water polo !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

The Friend Zone

The pool and water polo pitch are the same thing.
    There’s actually several water polo clubs based in Galway who compete in National Leagues to which this will be of huge benefit.

Mul, it's over
    Kevski wrote: »
    There’s actually several water polo clubs based in Galway who compete in National Leagues to which this will be of huge benefit.

I’m aware it’s all part of the same project. With respect it will have far less a regional impact than a redeveloped Sportsground would and received almost the same funding. No doubt some local government td suspects it be will be useful in knocknacarra come election time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

a complete bag of ****e noone cares, gombeen politics at its best

The Friend Zone
    a complete bag of ****e noone cares, gombeen politics at its best

Come off it. Just because something isn’t on you’re radar doesn’t make it ‘a complete bag of ****e’.

Mul, it's over
    Come off it. Just because something isn’t on you’re radar doesn’t make it ‘a complete bag of ****e’.

Agree with you on that. But poster is right that’s it gombeen politics. That project receiving almost equal funding as Sportsground redevelopment is farcical.

The Friend Zone
    Agree with you on that. But poster is right that’s it gombeen politics. That project receiving almost equal funding as Sportsground redevelopment is farcical.

Yep, agreed. Some politician will be rubbing his hands leading up to the election.

Mul, it's over
    Was the same with Leinster and RDS. €15 million requested and were told should be no problem, and now they've announced it'll only be 10 million as well.

Not wishing to turn this into interprovincial battle but be a lot easier for Leinster to make up five million than Connacht trying to make up ten million. The RDS is already a decent stadium too which as much as I love it couldn’t be said for the Sportsground. The aviva is ten minutes away too.

I see the government td who i suspect is to blame for this fiasco of that project in knocknacarra almost getting the same amount is describing herself as a Connacht supporter in local media. Some neck these politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yep, agreed. Some politician will be rubbing his her hands leading up to the election.

FYP.

I appreciate the pool will be used for more than water polo, so it's a vote winner in Knocknacarra alright. Parish pump politics at its finest.

I see the government td who i suspect is to blame for this fiasco of that project in knocknacarra almost getting the same amount is describing herself as a Connacht supporter in local media. Some neck these politicians.

Well she does like to be seen at games. As for being a supporter...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Zzippy wrote: »
    FYP.

I appreciate the pool will be used for more than water polo, so it's a vote winner in Knocknacarra alright. Parish pump politics at its finest.

Will she be canvasing outside the gates this year again.
    Could be a few interesting chats to be had.
    Nothing against the Polo lads though - great sport in it's own right.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Zzippy wrote: »

Interest in rugby coincided with entrance to politics I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Interest in rugby coincided with entrance to politics I believe.

That's harsh. I'm happier with folks attending than not.

In reality the project was always in phases. This prob allows the 4g pitch. Development centre to be built on old pitch. Maybe some stand works

Mul, it's over
    gally74 wrote: »
    That's harsh. I'm happier with folks attending than not.

In reality the project was always in phases. This prob allows the 4g pitch. Development centre to be built on old pitch. Maybe some stand works

It’s a disaster. And that project in knocknacarra getting eight million is pure gombeen stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Panic over?
    https://www.connachtrugby.ie/state-investment-of-e20m-in-sportsground-redevelopment-provides-certainty-towards-delivering-on-transformational-project/
    The Government has today announced a total of €20m to Connacht Rugby’s Sportsground redevelopment project. The €10m allocated under the Large Scale Sports Infrastructure (LSSIF) has been matched with a further €10m commitment, as announced by Government Chief Whip Sean Kyne T.D.

Mul, it's over
    https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1215680809488781312?s=21

I take it all back. H’on the government. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Jaysus you''d think they'd announce that earlier and save us all the embarrassment!

:o:D

de pr staff were working overtime for FG. lol
    i used do some pr ad work, big release (not on a friday) all money got great. instead looks like giving half, then announce second part a few hours later. rlol.
    having said that im delighted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    de pr staff were working overtime for FG. lol
    i used do some pr ad work, big release (not on a friday) all money got great. instead looks like giving half, then announce second part a few hours later. rlol.
    having said that im delighted now.

I'll miss the clan.

somone tell ollie lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

There's not a hope Copeland is on a 300k contract after being a 2nd/3rd string player for Munster.

Standard provincial contracts are 1-200k at most. Even if you look at the reported value of central contracts, the top 8 bottoms out at 400k, so you would imagine there's plenty of international team players on less than that.

He’s on 200k+ and I know that for a fact, heard from multiple connacht players

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement