Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Lucas44 wrote: »
    He’s on 200k+ and I know that for a fact, heard from multiple connacht players

So big money for 2 NIQ next season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Have also heard Copeland is on a fair wedge but never heard figures.

It’s interesting how little clarity there is around salary, don’t mean each player but even just the average salary. John Muldoon said in documentary (ten years ago or so I would guess) that average was €150k, perhaps he meant senior provincial players.

So, Sarries will release/not promote a lot of players
    I think we're short for locks, forced to start a 99kg Academy guy N.Murray when only 2 are injured (Roux/Gallagher)
    And here's their only IQ player, big and tall man
    Worth a push to sign him
    https://www.saracens.com/squads/cameron-boon/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    So, Sarries will release/not promote a lot of players
    I think we're short for locks, forced to start a 99kg Academy guy N.Murray when only 2 are injured (Roux/Gallagher)
    And here's their only IQ player, big and tall man
    Worth a push to sign him
    https://www.saracens.com/squads/cameron-boon/

The accountancy degree could also come in handy since we became LOADED in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Kevski wrote: »
    The pool and water polo pitch are the same thing.
    There’s actually several water polo clubs based in Galway who compete in National Leagues to which this will be of huge benefit.
    especially as it means load on NUIG kingfisher will be less which helps city a lot...
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    I’m aware it’s all part of the same project. With respect it will have far less a regional impact than a redeveloped Sportsground would and received almost the same funding. No doubt some local government td suspects it be will be useful in knocknacarra come election time.
    it will still have huge regional Impact as theres so many using the few pools in city and this will ease that considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    FACECUTTR wrote: »

I think Ollie has used boards to inform himself of public opinion a few times lately.

Mul, it's over
    Will be interesting to see Pita Ahki back tomorrow, Kieran Keane fairly discarded him once it was confirmed he was moving on. It was a bit mad really because Connacht were having disaster season and he looked good anytime the couple of chances he got.

Will be interesting to see Pita Ahki back tomorrow, Kieran Keane fairly discarded him once it was confirmed he was moving on. It was a bit mad really because Connacht were having disaster season and he looked good anytime the couple of chances he got.

Ahki/Guitoune are way below Robb/Aki

Mul, it's over
    Ahki/Guitoune are way below Robb/Aki

I would think you see Toulouse more than me but Ahki seems to be first choice for Toulouse so he must be delivering?

Thought he was impressive in the few games he got for Connacht.

• Advertisement

I would think you see Toulouse more than me but Ahki seems to be first choice for Toulouse so he must be delivering?

Thought he was impressive in the few games he got for Connacht.

I don't watch Top14, only Pro14, But Ahki was decent for us ok, and improved into a good player no more, Toulouse fans said he wasn't up to it the last two week, and he isn't a starter without contest, like Bundee

Mul, it's over
    I don't watchto Top14, only Pro14, But Ahki was decent for us ok, and improved into a good player no more, Toulouse fans said he wasn't up to it the last two week, and he isn't a starter without contest, like Bundee

Ah ok, thought you might catch the odd game as I catch none. I saw on his twitter he kind of apologised for his performance last week.

Ah ok, thought you might catch the odd game as I catch none. I saw on his twitter he kind of apologised for his performance last week.

About Robb you have to be more cautious. I'm biaised for once. Fan of the big beast, espacially to help a light pack/back 3 behind scrums and rucks.

Never misses a tackles, always gains meters.

Just a bit of handling work yet to do, but it's an improving material!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

It's very clear from all the players returning that Connacht threw the Leinster game. IMO not a bad decision.

It's very clear from all the players returning that Connacht threw the Leinster game. IMO not a bad decision.

Not really. If so, they would have trained last week. Most didn't, they are really just back from injury. I'm a little anxious for the 1st minutes of our game for that reason BTW
    We got out of our starts several times, including one against Toulouse at the Sportsground we succeeded to make up for in the end. But tommorow we have to be right in it from the begining!

I have to tell you this, spotted in the comment section on a French Midol article

"French clubs should win these games vs Irish counterparts"

Answer of a guy

" be careful, Connacht are not Lapinous (baby rabbits)"

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A win today and a few weeks off after Montpellier could do wonders for getting the season back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    What channel is it in? Last second problems meant I couldn't make the trip from Dublin 😤😤😤

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

BT 3

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    BT 3

Now just have to start the tour of Dublin with every pub showing English soccer matches:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    No sound on the mainstand side. Shock horror with the speaker system again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Now just have to start the tour of Dublin with every pub showing English soccer matches:mad::mad:

It shouldn't be hard to find a rugby pub in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    That's very generous from the ref IMO. He will be cited and banned

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Player falling and Fainga gets yellow carded for high tackle. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Mul, it's over
    Burkie1203 wrote: »
    That's very generous from the ref IMO. He will be cited and banned

Felt he was lucky as well. Knew well what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Player falling and Fainga gets yellow carded for high tackle. Crazy

Crazy yeah. It should’ve been red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Our indiscipline is infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

What is the current law about bringing the ball back into the 22 and kicking straight to touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Healy blessed that was a knock on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

That’s a real pity. Great scrum from Connacht

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement