Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Red alright. What crap technique from a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

ionapaul wrote: »
    In the main stand - what did he do/say to the crowd in the Clan Terrace after going off? People seemed annoyed!

Don’t know. Probably something about Jesus - aka Muldoon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Good chance this could go down to 12 vs 15 if there's another cynical foul

Cant even score against 13... good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Carty ain't doing his Ireland chances any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Another pasting coming here by the looks of things.

Not really anyone to blame in all of this, can't expect to compete with the best when you have to play the likes of Kerins and gift points away every game.

I think we'll be lucky to even finish 4th in the Pro14 based on the season so far.

Probably be as good a prediction as your confident assertion Connacht wouldn’t make play offs last year.

Scrum going backwards now!
    It’s all gone to ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lordy lord. Speechless.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Probably be as good a prediction as your confident assertion Connacht wouldn’t make play offs last year.

Yawnnnn... I cant remember but if you were sad enough to go picking through my posts to prove a point you must have been busy this weekend.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Did Fiona Coughlan just say that Charlie fauimina had 50 carries?? :D

• Advertisement

Carty ain't doing his Ireland chances any good

Confidence must be low. He’s better than that

Why the he’ll didn’t Blade start this game?
    It looks life a daft decision

Mul, it's over
    Yawnnnn... I cant remember but if you were sad enough to go picking through my posts to prove a point you must have been busy this weekend.

I didn’t need to look through your posts. You only post negatively on here or Galway gaa thread. Nice dodging the point though, wrong last year and if you want to have a bet on your prediction about not being 4th or better - I’ll have whatever you want, proceeds to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No idea how they didn’t manage to score a try in the final 15 minutes there. Pretty much camped in the Toulouse 22. Against 14 and then 13 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Confidence must be low. He’s better than that

Why the he’ll didn’t Blade start this game?
    It looks life a daft decision

I can see their logic, Blade had been flogged having started the last 9 games in a row since Marmion's injury, just poor player management especially considering the team that was sent to Leinster and they still didn't stick Kerins in.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Did Fiona Coughlan just say that Charlie fauimina had 50 carries?? :D

Seemed like he did!
    & 3 offloads

ClanofLams wrote: »
    I didn’t need to look through your posts. You only post negatively on here or Galway gaa thread. Nice dodging the point though, wrong last year and if you want to have a bet on your prediction about not being 4th or better - I’ll have whatever you want, proceeds to charity.

Argue the post or head off... I've better things to do than bet or argue personally on a message board.

If I disagree with a post, I'll argue the point, arguing the poster is just pathetic and petty behaviour.

The personal isnt good enough to compete, it's as simple as that.
    Nobodies fault and I made that clear. We're not going to be able to compete with the big sides as things stand.

I didnt dodge any point and im not getting involved in any sort of **** measuring on a message board, you can find some other way to massage your ego.

Mul, it's over
    Argue the post or head off... I've better things to do than bet or argue personally on a message board.

If I disagree with a post, I'll argue the point, arguing the poster is just pathetic and petty behaviour.

The personal isnt good enough to compete, it's as simple as that.
    Nobodies fault and I made that clear. We're not going to be able to compete with the big sides as things stand.

I didnt dodge any point and im not getting involved in any sort of **** measuring on a message board, you can find some other way to massage your ego.

It’s their first game in months where they have had somewhat of a squad, against the champions of France and second favourites for champions cup.

The personnel was good enough to make play offs last year, despite your confident prediction. Talk to ya next season when you are back to make your annual negative posts and I can point out you were wrong about them not being good enough to be top four.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Connacht outclassed today. Toulouse are a quality side and a few levels above. I thought the Kaino try was very generous. Had that decision gone in Connacht's favour...it wouldn't have mattered, Toulouse were in control from start to finish. Connacht are a bit off at the minute but not spectacularly so, a few minor adjustments and they will regain their competitiveness. All is not lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

We weren't going to win that game anyway but it has to be said Luke Pearce is an awful ref. Stop start and the game went on so long we were joking with the Toulouse fans beside us about missing their flight. And he gets some things so badly wrong it's hilarious. The Kaino turnover in the first half was incredible - he was off his feet so much he was almost upside down. Colby and Huget were lucky to only see yellow but by God, how long does it take to make a decision? Can't believe he's regarded as a good official by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Zzippy wrote: »
    We weren't going to win that game anyway but it has to be said Luke Pearce is an awful ref. Stop start and the game went on so long we were joking with the Toulouse fans beside us about missing their flight. And he gets some things so badly wrong it's hilarious. The Kaino turnover in the first half was incredible - he was off his feet so much he was almost upside down. Colby and Huget were lucky to only see yellow but by God, how long does it take to make a decision? Can't believe he's regarded as a good official by anyone.
    Ridiculously long awarding TOH his turnover penalty as well. Poor Tiernan was being hammered, squashed, pushed and pulled and hanging onto the ball like grim death while Pearce was bobbing around trying to get a peek at the ball. Give me Frank Murphy any day, who just needs to see the tackled player holding on once the defender has latched on to blow the whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Lads can someone here clear something up for me. Here listening to a bunch of guys giving out blaming jack for a grubber through towards the end of the game that went out of play! My recollection is Colby kicked it through is that right??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

testtech05 wrote: »
    Lads can someone here clear something up for me. Here listening to a bunch of guys giving out blaming jack for a grubber through towards the end of the game that went out of play! My recollection is Colby kicked it through is that right??
    If it's the one that was kicked inside the 22 that went into touch in goal, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Really showed today that Connacht lack punch power and depth. At least we can put it to bed now and concentrate on the Pro 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    If it's the one that was kicked inside the 22 that went into touch in goal, yeah.

Yep that exact one. I assume Colby thought we had advantage but it was madness. We were actually making some ground around then. Jack is always the easy target for some people it seems.....

Last few weeks we are very poor at converting chances in the "red zone" as they talk about.

Do well to get to the line then go to 1 out runners etc and make a mistake or get turned over for poor resourcing of rucks.

We don't have the bulk to score like that against the bigger teams unfortunately. Hopefully we can get a full squad back and have a right cut at the pro14 now for the rest of the season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

testtech05 wrote: »
    Yep that exact one. I assume Colby thought we had advantage but it was madness. We were actually making some ground around then. Jack is always the easy target for some people it seems.....

Last few weeks we are very poor at converting chances in the "red zone" as they talk about.

Do well to get to the line then go to 1 out runners etc and make a mistake or get turned over for poor resourcing of rucks.

We don't have the bulk to score like that against the bigger teams unfortunately. Hopefully we can get a full squad back and have a right cut at the pro14 now for the rest of the season!!
    Seems to be a bit of white line fever going on there. Trying to force things to happen rather than slowing down and having patience. Probably a lack of cohesion given all the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Disappointing result but there is some positives.

Jack was more towards his form last year than what we’ve seen so far. Poor for the block down but there’s an element of bad luck and poor protection for the kicker also. Tiernan also had a quietly good game and I’d be hopeful for him for the second half of the season. Also our Defence is back to a more acceptable level against a quite powerful team.

We are lacking the ability to finish recently. Some of it is we are a smaller team than most but we also seem to have very few ideas inside the 22. If Colby leaves I’d be in favour of moving butler back to 7 and focusing on a bit more ball carrying power for our back row

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Anyone know why Robb was pulled? He was out with concussion, did he have some late symptoms after passing RTPP? His injury record is very unfortunate, could really do with a clear run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Anyone know why Robb was pulled? He was out with concussion, did he have some late symptoms after passing RTPP? His injury record is very unfortunate, could really do with a clear run.

Just said he failed a late fitness test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Terrible injury record. Hope it improves for him

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Would play decent team next weekend but no-one with high minutes should be risked, Boyle (probably won’t be available anyway), Blade, Godwin, etc

Know Kerins struggled a bit yesterday but would be tempted to give him another start with Marmion coming off bench. If Marmion and Blade are fit for rest of season he’s not likely to see much game time and aside from yesterday he’s looked good, albeit off bench.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement