Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Will be interesting to see the Irish u19 squad, Connacht have a very strong group this year.

Donnacha Byrne - back row - Ireland u18 A 2019, Connacht Eagles 2020
    Hubert Costello - back row - Ireland u18 B 2019, Connacht Eagles 2020
    Eoin DeBuitlear - hooker - Ireland u18 B 2019
    Cathal Forde - out half - Ireland u18 B 2019, Ireland u20 2020
    Shane Jennings - centre - Ireland u18 A 2019, Connacht Eagles 2020
    Diarmuid Kilcommins - wing - Ireland u18 A 2019
    Diarmuid McCormack - back row - Ireland u18 A 2019
    Oisin McCormack - back row - Ireland u18 A 2019
    Darragh Murray - second row - Ireland u18 A 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Thanks lads.

Is that Kilcommins who is with the hurlers? Doubt he'll be playing rugby this year again anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

Is that Kilcommins who is with the hurlers? Doubt he'll be playing rugby this year again anyway

It is, started first league game last Sunday. Presume that means hurling is focus for next few months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    McNulty looks pretty good.
    I would imagine he might see some first team action this year. Definitely next session.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

McNulty looks pretty good.
    I would imagine he might see some first team action this year. Definitely next session.

Was about to say the same.
    Good competition to come with DeBuitlear and Goddard when Healy/Niyi come in their 30's

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Out of interest, who is out of contract at the end of this season? I'm pretty sure Godwin and Horwitz are with the possibility of both leaving, or at least Horwitz. But is there any other big names who need to be tied down. I imagine we're getting close to some announcements one way or the other. I hope any big signings aren't Heineken cup dependent or we'll be waiting a while.

macslash wrote: »
    Out of interest, who is out of contract at the end of this season? I'm pretty sure Godwin and Horwitz are with the possibility of both leaving, or at least Horwitz. But is there any other big names who need to be tied down. I imagine we're getting close to some announcements one way or the other. I hope any big signings aren't Heineken cup dependent or we'll be waiting a while.

I posted a breakdown on page 437 of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Somebody make real horror show an Admin

Mul, it's over

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

A lot of people have different settings for viewing posts per page e.g. I see 40 per page so only have 165 pages... Better to list the post number which everyone can go to.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    Zzippy wrote: »
    A lot of people have different settings for viewing posts per page e.g. I see 40 per page so only have 165 pages... Better to list the post number which everyone can go to.

Never thought of that, post no. 6547.

Mul, it's over
    Thought Aki had a great game today. He never seems to really have a bad one for Ireland in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Well it's official Colby leaving at the end of the season
    https://www.the42.ie/colby-faingaa-connacht-immense-5003719-Feb2020/

Mul, it's over
    Good to have Dillane and Heffernan available this weekend. Still a considerable injury list in the Irish Times today but not quite the crisis it was https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro14/connacht-welcome-return-of-key-players-for-cardiff-clash-1.4170704?mode=amp

Cardiff Blues have their own injury problems and have had to make emergency signings in back three. Wasn’t able to see how many (if any) Welsh squad members will be available for them this weekend.

Make or break for the season over next three games, win them all and should be in decent position, anything less though and it will be a struggle to make top three.

Mul, it's over
    Conan O'Donnell has joined highlanders on a short two month deal, initially at least, he’s on bench for their super rugby game this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Conan O'Donnell has joined highlanders on a short two month deal, initially at least, he’s on bench for their super rugby game this weekend.

Thinning down the squad last year, particularly the front row, was madness.

Glad he made such a good go if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Fantastic exposure for him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Met Eireann have issued their warning and this man is to be feared this weekend.

88687.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1227988987408715776

Contract extensions for:

Tom Daly
    Shane Delahunt
    Conor Kenny
    Peter Robb
    Dominic Robertson-McCoy

b.gud wrote: »

Contract extensions for:

Tom Daly
    Shane Delahunt
    Conor Kenny
    Peter Robb
    Dominic Robertson-McCoy

All good
    Daly could still improve his handling
    Robb is better and better
    You never have enough TH, now we have 3 for next year
    And Shane will reach his best with Heff competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »

Contract extensions for:

Tom Daly
    Shane Delahunt
    Conor Kenny
    Peter Robb
    Dominic Robertson-McCoy

Two years for Daly Robb and Mc Coy.
    One year for Kenny and Delahunt

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Two years for Daly Robb and Mc Coy.
    One year for Kenny and Delahunt

Weird for Shane. He's to prove to be our 2nd choice at least next year I guess...

Mul, it's over
    Delahunt hasn’t really kicked on to the extent expected I would guess. He looked like he was going to be a serious contender for international honours towards the end of Kieran Keane’s season, his progress has stalled a bit since then. Still been playing reasonable but not hit the heights he looked capable of on a regular basis.

Delahunt hasn’t really kicked on to the extent expected I would guess. He looked like he was going to be a serious contender for international honours towards the end of Kieran Keane’s season, his progress has stalled a bit since then. Still been playing reasonable but not hit the heights he looked capable of on a regular basis.

Still puzzeled when Friend picks Murphy instead to face Montpellier.
    So kinda releived he's got a chance next season to prove he's 2nd in the picking order with Tierney/Murphy/Another fighting for 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH

Does this likely mean Tom won't be renewed and possibly Tierney Martin to take Murphy's spot?

testtech05 wrote: »
    Does this likely mean Tom won't be renewed and possibly Tierney Martin to take Murphy's spot?

This is my guess, yeah.

I believe McCartney is retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

connachta wrote: »
    Still puzzeled when Friend picks Murphy instead to face Montpellier.
    So kinda releived he's got a chance next season to prove he's 2nd in the picking order with Tierney/Murphy/Another fighting for 3rd

Delahunts problem is he isn’t invested 100% in the rugby . i.e. Recovery rest etc. He still travel ms every day up and down to Offaly and farms .
    This has to have an effect on training match prep etc. I am aware of an representative who voiced these concerns with him a few years back and how his lifestyle was a barrier to progressing to the next level. His ability and attitude on the pitch will never be questioned but if above is true you can understand the frustration from a coaches perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Lebute wrote: »
    Delahunts problem is he isn’t invested 100% in the rugby . i.e. Recovery rest etc. He still travel ms every day up and down to Offaly and farms .
    This has to have an effect on training match prep etc. I am aware of an representative who voiced these concerns with him a few years back and how his lifestyle was a barrier to progressing to the next level. His ability and attitude on the pitch will never be questioned but if above is true you can understand the frustration from a coaches perspective.

He's said this himself that the coaches have asked him to ease up on the farm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/shane-delahunt-connacht-birr-kilkenny-leinster-4151162-Jul2018/%3famp=1

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement