Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Thought Carty was motm fairly handily tbh though Heff was good. Sorry but someone playing for a team who gets 29 nilled is never going to get motm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Bazzo wrote: »
    Thought Carty was motm fairly handily tbh though Heff was good. Sorry but someone playing for a team who gets 29 nilled is never going to get motm.

That shouldn't be this way. Anytime his blue helmet was around, I knew we were in trouble.

We won this game because our handling was great. ¨Pleasure to see 7's skills from Friends are paying!

Btw Thornbury is not badly injured, is he? Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Clegg wrote: »
    TOH hasn't been the same player since Lowe stole his soul.

What a ridiculous comment.

TOH was class tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Has anyone got a handy comparison of the run ins for current top 4(or 5). Just had a quick look at Scarlets and they still have Kings X 2, dragons, Cardiff, Ospreys and Benetton to play

• Registered Users Posts: 14 craggyrugby

Wasn't expecting 5 points after first 15 minutes. Brilliamt result. When's the last time we whitewashed a team?

We defeated Olympus Madrid 66-0 in January 2010 with tries from Niva Ta'auso, Keith Matthews (2), Fionn Carr, John Muldoon, George Naoupu(2), Adrian Flavin (2) and Mike McComish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Clegg wrote: »
    TOH hasn't been the same player since Lowe stole his soul.

Away back to the Leinster thread with you for that poor attempt at trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Few comments from Andy Friend after the game Saturday.
    https://www.the42.ie/pro14-andy-friend-connacht-losing-run-cardiff-5009758-Feb2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

testtech05 wrote: »
    From that Article:
    To not give Cardiff a point, and for us to get the bonus point, that will have an impact at the end of the season. So that was very pleasing.
    Even better when you consider that they held them out with a man down after Buckley was sin-binned.

More comments from him here:
    This is the start of the second half of the competition and we wanted a performance and we got that. It was great to be able to sing 'The Fields of Athenry' in the changing room.
    It was great for the fans to be able to sing it in the stands too, Andy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    WallyGUFC wrote: »
    They failed to make the knockout stages in this season's competitions after finishing bottom of Pool 5.

Eh, **** you too RTE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Linley MacKenzie in the Irish times quotes Nigel Carolan saying Connacht have put in request for Dillane to be released for Edinburgh.

If he’s not it will be second row partnership of Maksymiw and Niall Murray. Both guys have potential but a very inexperienced combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Linley MacKenzie in the Irish times quotes Nigel Carolan saying Connacht have put in request for Dillane to be released for Edinburgh.

If he’s not it will be second row partnership of Maksymiw and Niall Murray. Both guys have potential but a very inexperienced combination.
    It's a must win game in relation to our pool and Dillane is badly needed. Who would cover 19 if he doesn't get released?
    I see its Masterson who would cover. Not ideal at all but Dillane didn't make the bench for Ireland so hopefully he gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Murray Kinsella tweeted to say that Tom O'Toole and Will Addison are being released to play pro14 this weekend, but everyone else is being kept in camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Is Dillane on a central contract?

If he is, would that make it harder to get him released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    serfboard wrote: »
    Is Dillane on a central contract?

If he is, would that make it harder to get him released?

He isn’t. Bundee is the only Connacht player on a central contract. It’s at the discretion of the coaching team regardless of the type of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d presume Dillane will travel as a 24th man.

We won't win if we keep going with a 95kg 20 y.o 2nd row.
    I completely disagree not to use Copeland as 5 in this nightmare situation

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

connachta wrote: »

95kg? Haha hardly he was 102 last year playing 20s, one of our best players v leinster when we got smashed, 20+ tackles.. he is starting v edinburgh so I guess we’re loosing

Lucas44 wrote: »
    95kg? Haha hardly he was 102 last year playing 20s, one of our best players v leinster when we got smashed, 20+ tackles.. he is starting v edinburgh so I guess we’re loosing

100k, when any 2nd row is between 115 and 125K
    You don't see any problem when I do : we're overall unable to gain ground and protect ruck (even when we're dominant as vs Cardiff), and we'll have another added weight deficit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

Lovely you should let Jimmy Duffy know with a letter.

Also gaining yardage and protection at rucks is about a lot more than weight

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    Lovely you should let Jimmy Duffy know with a letter.

Also gaining yardage and protection at rucks is about a lot more than weight

But it mattars. Please quote me just 2 among the 24 starting 2nd rows in Pro14 who's under 110kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Not ideal having so many locks unavailable, but Murray is going to be a huge part of the future and has to start his career at some point. Hasn’t looked out of place really anytime he’s played senior rugby. Trust he’ll do a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    But it mattars. Please quote me just 2 among the 24 starting 2nd rows in Pro14 who's under 110kg

I won’t but I can tell you Robin Copeland isn’t a second row and Murray is for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You've got a Friend in me
    100k, when any 2nd row is between 115 and 125K
    You don't see any problem when I do : we're overall unable to gain ground and protect ruck (even when we're dominant as vs Cardiff), and we'll have another added weight deficit

James Ryan is 108...
    Ross Molony is 110
    Ryan Baird is 103
    Holland is 111
    Wycherly is 111

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Murray is definitely not 95kg. Ryan is definitely not 108kg.

I’m a big fan of Murray and he does a very good job carrying and tackling despite his size, but being so light with such a high centre of gravity is absolutely going to be a negative at the breakdown and in the scrum. On the plus side we should be able to launch him into the stratosphere on defensive lineouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

I can't believe it's not Butler
    FACECUTTR wrote: »
    It's a must win game in relation to our pool and Dillane is badly needed. Who would cover 19 if he doesn't get released?
    I see its Masterson who would cover. Not ideal at all but Dillane didn't make the bench for Ireland so hopefully he gets released.

might be worthwhile looking to get Sean O'Connor from Munster as 2nd Row cover, he hasnt had a look in there this season

Murray is definitely not 95kg. Ryan is definitely not 108kg.

I’m a big fan of Murray and he does a very good job carrying and tackling despite his size, but being so light with such a high centre of gravity is absolutely going to be a negative at the breakdown and in the scrum. On the plus side we should be able to launch him into the stratosphere on defensive lineouts.

Ryan has been listed as in and around 108 for the last number of seasons across various sites.

Why would his stats be wrong if we are to assume that everyone elses are by and large correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

James Ryan is 108...
    Ross Molony is 110
    Ryan Baird is 103
    Holland is 111
    Wycherly is 111

Holland might be 111, but I doubt the rest of those have been updated since they were teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Ryan has been listed as in and around 108 for the last number of seasons across various sites.

Why would his stats be wrong if we are to assume that everyone elses are by and large correct?

Ryan is not 108kg.

• Advertisement

Ryan is not 108kg.

As stated above. That stat has flitted up and down the last few seasons. Irish Rugby did an big overhaul recently on their website and updated their stats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement