Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You've got a Friend in me
    Holland might be 111, but I doubt the rest of those have been updated since they were teenagers.

They have been. Molony has been steadily increasing over the last few seasons.

Again. These aren't static figures. Weight definitely fluctuates over the season.

But Ryan is a deceptively lean individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Ryan has been listed as in and around 108 for the last number of seasons across various sites.

Why would his stats be wrong if we are to assume that everyone elses are by and large correct?

Because I don’t believe it’s possible for a 6’8 second row to remain at the same weight from the age of 19 to 23. I assume most player stats are wrong, players sometimes mention their weight in interviews and it is often far different to what is widely reported online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Because I don’t believe it’s possible for a 6’8 second row to remain at the same weight from the age of 19 to 23. I assume most player stats are wrong, players sometimes mention their weight in interviews and it is often far different to what is widely reported online.

Body compositions are very different among people. Given how athletically gifted Ryan is I'm not surprised at all that he is deceptively light.

Having said all that. It's definitely possibly that he's heavier than 108.

But he certainly isn't 115 which was mainly the point I was responding to with connachta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

I suppose the good news is that Edinbourgh are starting a new 2nd row too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Body compositions are very different among people. Given how athletically gifted Ryan is I'm not surprised at all that he is deceptively light.

Having said all that. It's definitely possibly that he's heavier than 108.

But he certainly isn't 115 which was mainly the point I was responding to with connachta

Yeah that’s fair, I’m just very sceptical of all listed weighs in Irish rugby, especially given the absolute nonsense they’ve been publishing for the 20s the last couple of years. Anyway I don’t want to sidetrack this thread any further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Yeah as Edinburgh have 3 unavaible locks, I was expecting a new face. But he's (South) 118kg and 4 more years experienced.
    We'll be swiped in the engine machine with only Murray/Macksymiw/Masterson
    Such a huge difference compared to Roux/Dillane/Thornbury

Edimburgh + 15 mainly because of 2nd row deficiency IMO
    Hope we target a TBP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    Yeah as Edinburgh have 3 unavaible locks, I was expecting a new face. But he's (South) 118kg and 4 more years experienced.
    We'll be swiped in the engine machine with only Murray/Macksymiw/Masterson
    Such a huge difference compared to Roux/Dillane/Thornbury

Edimburgh + 15 mainly because of 2nd row deficiency IMO
    Hope we target a TBP

Hope we target a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Is it just me or is the Clan missing from the renewal email for STHs ???

Odds : Connacht +7
    At least we may reasonably target any kind of BP...

When you see a guy like Mark Flanagan is playing AIL right now...
    Munster had him on a short-term contract in a better situation we are since December in 2nd row
    I wonder when you see how cautious (not to say light) is our recritement for the last 2 years, if IRFU has tighten our finances because of new stadium or don't know what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Is it just me or is the Clan missing from the renewal email for STHs ???

Adult covers Clan and Main Stand as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    When you see a guy like Mark Flanagan is playing AIL right now...
    Munster had him on a short-term contract in a better situation we are since December in 2nd row
    I wonder when you see how cautious (not to say light) is our recritement for the last 2 years, if IRFU has tighten our finances because of new stadium or don't know what

I doubt the IRFU has done anything but no doubt the branch has had to save money wherever possible to try to make up the 10 million they are privately raising for the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Odds : Connacht +7
    At least we may reasonably target any kind of BP...

Can reasonably target a win. Edinburgh are missing 17, it’s a game Connacht need to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

if asked previously apologies, but it this game live on TV anywhere?
    T na G says its showing Leinster
    Eir says its showing Leinster on Eir1 and Munster on Eir 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Can reasonably target a win. Edinburgh are missing 17, it’s a game Connacht need to win.

If Connacht aren't targeting a win, they may as well pack up their tent now. Of course they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was hoping to pop along to lend support this evening but the mrs had other plans!
    Wet and windy and cold, seen a few Connacht tops when out and about earlier.

Hard to know what to make of Edinburgh, back row is decent, Haining will be steaming and Crobie is seriously under rated.
    Scott and Bennett then in the center. Tough ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    if asked previously apologies, but it this game live on TV anywhere?
    T na G says its showing Leinster
    Eir says its showing Leinster on Eir1 and Munster on Eir 2

Eir Sport Extra 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Eir Sport Extra 1

Is that an online channel only?

razorblunt wrote: »
    I was hoping to pop along to lend support this evening but the mrs had other plans!
    Wet and windy and cold, seen a few Connacht tops when out and about earlier.

Hard to know what to make of Edinburgh, back row is decent, Haining will be steaming and Crobie is seriously under rated.
    Scott and Bennett then in the center. Tough ask.

Thank you . Edinburgh have reserves, close to their 1st team level. We don't, in 2nd row. Centre will be a great battle because there, we have these back-ups.
    Cmon Connacht!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Is that an online channel only?

Can you watch that if you have a virgin subscription?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Might end up on the eir Facebook aswell

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1230925496189440001?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Don't see anything pooping up on Facebook just yet has anyone else found it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    this is a balls cant see it anywhere, have eir and premier sports, but not extra

Some Like It TOH
    gally74 wrote: »
    this is a balls cant see it anywhere, have eir and premier sports, but not extra

It's popped up on their Facebook now if you have that. It's also on premier sports 2

Some Like It TOH

It's popped up on their Facebook now if you have that. It's also on premier sports 2

Some Like It TOH
    Very bad looking injury for Bealham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Ouch that's not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    testtech05 wrote: »

can you put up the link, i cant see it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over

Channel 450 on the eir box if that's your setup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement