Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    gally74 wrote: »
    can you put up the link, i cant see it,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2564947647165287&id=146104712110972

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Lads what do you think that was? Ankle? Not exactly blessed with alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »
    Lads what do you think that was? Ankle? Not exactly blessed with alternatives

Looked like knee to me

Mul, it's over
    Fcuk. Finlay is a quick healer but that looked bad. Feel terrible for him. Hope the lads do it for him now

Some Like It TOH
    Long time for McCoy in these conditions with all the scrums we are likely to have. Could McAllister play there for a few mins?

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Mitrea being generous to us in the scrum imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    That's a try

Poor defence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Yellow card is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

FFS Mitrea

Some Like It TOH
    I think just about a try ball going backwards but no idea where they got a yellow from

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Premier sports stream has stopped working for me but just looked at the outcome of that and it seems like a ludicrous call

Well bet here unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Well bet here unfortunately

It's not over yet by a long shot

It's not over yet by a long shot

Hopefully I'll be made a fool of for this later. Good try!

Mul, it's over
    This second row crisis is getting out of hand, hasn't there been talk of trying to get a joker, any reason we haven't got one??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Camera cuts to Godwin...

My 15 year old daughter... " have to say, I really like Godwin, but he's got a very punchable face...."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That lock that went off was smaller than the lads playing for the 20s thus evening.

Edinburgh late hitting?

Mul, it's over
    razorblunt wrote: »
    That lock that went off was smaller than the lads playing for the 20s thus evening.

Edinburgh late hitting?

Well he is still only 20! He's lanky but very promising player

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bazzo wrote: »
    Well he is still only 20! He's lanky but very promising player

Ah he looks about 14! Could do with a bit of size about him.

Mul, it's over
    How the **** did birch blag his way into being head coach of two separate teams??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Haven’t seen game but that’s disaster result. 5-0 Edinburgh in points puts them out of sight. Losing by twenty to that Edinburgh team indefensible

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Haven’t seen game but that’s disaster result. 5-0 Edinburgh in points puts them out of sight. Losing by twenty to that Edinburgh team indefensible

**** performance, really not good enough. That said absolutely bizarre yellow card penalty try was the start of the wheels coming off after 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Macks/Murray pairing, whatever some said, is not up to this level
    Disastrous to have lost Bealham too.
    We need Dillane/Thornbury/Aki/Farrell and Finlay for our home european play-off vs Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

This season when Connacht are bad it's septic. Really really bad. That's an unmerciful hiding.

Mul, it's over
    **** performance, really not good enough. That said absolutely bizarre yellow card penalty try was the start of the wheels coming off after 20 minutes

Got it back to 20-14 after that though. To lose by twenty seven to a side missing seventeen is ridiculous. Conceding forty one points?!

Going to be seven behind third place by end of weekend most likely, aim of home play off almost certainly dead. See how season plays out but at the moment looks like questions need to be asked of whole set up.

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    Macks/Murray pairing, whatever some said, is not up to this level
    Disastrous to have lost Bealham too.
    We need Dillane/Thornbury/Aki/Farrell and Finlay for our home european play-off vs Dragons.

Admittedly haven’t seen it from but from what I have read Murray done reasonably well, didn’t see Maksymiw being mentioned so not sure how he did.

You don’t lose by twenty seven on the basis of the second row, far more experienced players around them that I would think need to be looking at their performance.

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Got it back to 20-14 after that though. To lose by twenty seven to a side missing seventeen is ridiculous. Conceding forty one points?!

Going to be seven behind third place by end of weekend most likely, aim of home play off almost certainly dead. See how season plays out but at the moment looks like questions need to be asked of whole set up.

You often see that when a team go down by a good margin, they burst themselves getting back into it then fade and end up on the wrong side of a hiding. Argentina in the 2015 always comes to mind. From the try yellow card on I never thought we were in danger of winning it, maybe nicking a bonus point at best

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigRigsOnly

We didn’t have 1 backs move until about the 70th minute, really frustrating game today. 3 yellow cards for us is just ridiculous discipline. Onwards & upwards anyway lads

Mul, it's over
    You often see that when a team go down by a good margin, they burst themselves getting back into it then fade and end up on the wrong side of a hiding. Argentina in the 2015 always comes to mind. From the try yellow card on I never thought we were in danger of winning it, maybe nicking a bonus point at best

It was about ten minutes it took them to get the fourteen points I think, 5 mins before half time and 5 minutes after? You prob have a point in general but it’s hard to use that as an excuse really, it hardly emptied the tank.

I would have forgiven poor performances earlier this season with injury crisis but tonight seems unacceptable.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    I always thought a home play off was beyond us after the interpros. But a playoff is still achievable. Huge game next week now which won't be easy in SA. Hope to Christ Finlay isn't bad. We'd need an emergency replacement I'd imagine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement