Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Not convinced by his stats but the guy has the fighting spirit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozTIWot2uY

It would be logic to have a 13 rather than a 12 if Godwin leaves

12) Bundee/Robb/Daly
    13) Farrell/Arnold/SOB 2.0

Need a 10/12 in addition, to take place of Horwitz+L.Carty

Madigan/Reid/Olding would be perfect, but a 10/15 like Lydon, on low money might be better spending

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    If you've read my post, you'd see Treviso would be advantaged if the 2-2 draw are removed before mid-April, and damaged if it is after this point
    It depends if they are still allow to travel too

You keep saying it's unfair. It's not. It's unfortunate but its not unfair

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    You keep saying it's unfair. It's not. It's unfortunate but its not unfair

It's 100% unfair if games can't be rescheduled. Some avoid losing vs Leinster, some can't win vs Zebre. If you can't see unfairness there, sad for you.

Mul, it's over
    It's 100% unfair if games can't be rescheduled. Some avoid losing vs Leinster, some can't win vs Zebre. If you can't see unfairness there, sad for you.

Where on the calendar do you propose these games get rescheduled given there is likely to be more games PP this week

Its not unfair. People are dying so a few rugby fixtures falling by the wayside is unfortunate but thats not unfair.

No Leinster games have been postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Baird and Penny are exceptional talents, didn’t mean to compare DTM to them in that way more so that guys that age are breaking into the senior game this season and aren’t lacking as much physically as u20s coming through in the past. DTM could’ve be a brilliant player but he’s not going to walk into international rugby like James Ryan, Baird, Doris Penny etc

No reason DTM shouldn't be compared to Penny. He looked excellent last year. He's in the front row so will take longer to adjust to senior rugby than someone like Penny will at openside. Ronan Kelleher is 22 and only had 80 minutes of rugby for Leinster before this season. Penny won't walk into test rugby ever.

Baird is on another level though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone

People dying because someone didn’t cover their mouth when coughing is unfair. The rugby really isn’t that important at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    I'd like to see DTM getting minutes ASAP, one of the bigger talents we've had coming through in the last few years.

Also not sure why we "need" a 10/12 to replace Luke Carty and Horwitz when they have about 10 combined minutes in 2 or 3 years. Seems like that would be ok to be covered by academy players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me

The problem is you've invented a narrative in which every single result goes against Connacht and on that basis you've decided the situation is unfair. It's not rational.

Connacht will get wherever they deserve to get based on their own results and performances. It'll be grand.

Where on the calendar do you propose these games get rescheduled given there is likely to be more games PP this week

Its not unfair. People are dying so a few rugby fixtures falling by the wayside is unfortunate but thats not unfair.

No Leinster games have been postponed.

It's unfair, there's absolutely nothing in relation with people dying, we're talking about sport unfairness
    Leinster will have game postponed too if the virus is spread.

The problem is you've invented a narrative in which every single result goes against Connacht and on that basis you've decided the situation is unfair. It's not rational.

Connacht will get wherever they deserve to get based on their own results and performances. It'll be grand.

Unfair for everyone, I've talked about Treviso benifiting OR being impacted, depends on when they're due to play again.
    Connacht have Zebre away, if they can't defend their chances, it's not good. On the other hand, I'll get the 2 points if we avoid Cardiff away (unfair for them) Wait and see.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    It's unfair, there's absolutely nothing in relation with people dying, we're talking about sport unfairness
    Leinster will have game postponed too if the virus is spread.

Why are games getting PP and why are more likely to be PP too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    Unfair for everyone.

Also known as "fair"

Also known as "fair"

Certainly not. Connacht have two game in Italy lelt, Cardiff not:rolleyes:

Mul, it's over
    Certainly not. Connacht have two game in Italy lelt, Cardiff not:rolleyes:

What if Connacht go to Italy, a player contracts the virus and all Connachts games get canned?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    There's no point arguing with zealots.

What if Connacht go to Italy, a player contracts the virus and all Connachts games get canned?

Pure cynism. If you go this way, I'd take the 16 points of all-cancelled games from after Scarlets win
    Would be unfair for others, too

Mul, it's over
    Pure cynism. If you go this way, I'd take the 16 points of all-cancelled games from after Scarlets win
    Would be unfair for others, too

Says you who thinks games should be played and so what if people are dying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Connachta Burkie stop the Coronavirus chat in this thread or take it to PM

It's derailing and not adding to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    If we are looking for another player in the 10/12 role it might be worth getting back in touch with ronaldson. Seems to have got over his injury well, wouldn’t command the same salary as someone like Madigan, is proven within the squad to a decent level and seems to have had a very good season so far with lansdowne

freyners wrote: »
    If we are looking for another player in the 10/12 role it might be worth getting back in touch with ronaldson. Seems to have got over his injury well, wouldn’t command the same salary as someone like Madigan, is proven within the squad to a decent level and seems to have had a very good season so far with lansdowne

He's not the youngest, doesn't prepare the future. Same could be said for Madigan/Reid, thoughh..

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Think I’d prefer a niq playmaking fullback than a squad player 10/12

Think I’d prefer a niq playmaking fullback than a squad player 10/12

FB? we have Leader TOH, and covers there!

Wing ok because Healy/Niyi are coming in their 30's and injury prone...

But If Arnold rumoured is real, we mainly need a prop and n°8 for NIQ spots

Still, Horwitz was played 3 times, we need a 10/12 cover there, if L.Carty isn't promoted.

The Friend Zone
    FB? we have Leader TOH, and covers there!

Wing ok because Healy/Niyi are coming in their 30's and injury prone...

But If Arnold rumoured is real, we mainly need a prop and n°8 for NIQ spots

Still, Horwitz was played 3 times, we need a 10/12 cover there, if L.Carty isn't promoted.

Think you could improve on both toh and leader tbh, you’ve de buitlear and Sullivan in the academy, I’d like to see them given game time as Healy/Niyi careers wind down. Feel Leader has played more on the winger under friend too.

I’d look at promoting Dean for depth at 10

But who's for 12 when Aki is out (half of the season) and Robb/Daly injured? Anrold and T.Farrell are clearly 13 now... SOB 2.0 too..

On another note, Oliver+Arnold rumour getting stronger, K.O'Byrne is out of contract too, why not bring him back? Easy and worthy solution

The Friend Zone
    But who's for 12 when Aki is out (half of the season) and Robb/Daly injured? Anrold and T.Farrell are clearly 13 now... SOB 2.0 too..

On another note, Oliver+Arnold rumour getting stronger, K.O'Byrne is out of contract too, why not bring him back? Easy and worthy solution

Farrell, Arnold and even sob 3.0 have and could all slot in at 12 if needed. The fact that Horwitz/l. Carty have played very little minutes at 12 suggests a 10/12 isn’t really needed.

I’ve seen Arnold rumors but none about Oliver, only seen Oliver linked with a love to England. O’Byrne will surely get renewed with Munster? He’s a decent player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Think you could improve on both toh and leader tbh, you’ve de buitlear and Sullivan in the academy, I’d like to see them given game time as Healy/Niyi careers wind down. Feel Leader has played more on the winger under friend too.

I’d look at promoting Dean for depth at 10

Has Sullivan joined the academy? He was announced as being here on trial initially and I never heard anything further.

Has Sullivan joined the academy? He was announced as being here on trial initially and I never heard anything further.

Was on training photos recently AFAIC

The Friend Zone

Has been training with the senior squad fairly regularly and I’ve spotted him numerous times around Galway in Connacht gear (hes a big lad for a winger)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Has been training with the senior squad fairly regularly and I’ve spotted him numerous times around Galway in Connacht gear (hes a big lad for a winger)

Doesn’t mean anything, Cormac Daly has been training all year even went to sa as cover but isn’t getting offered a contract, could be similar to O’Sullivan no point giving a 22 year old an academy deal, development or bust... Stuart idling would be a great signing, playing very good rugby

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Lucas44 wrote: »
    Doesn’t mean anything, Cormac Daly has been training all year even went to sa as cover but isn’t getting offered a contract, could be similar to O’Sullivan no point giving a 22 year old an academy deal, development or bust... Stuart idling would be a great signing, playing very good rugby

Wasn’t Daly not involved last season and let go but got back in as injury cover? I don’t think there’s a chance in hell of losing being brought back to play in Ireland ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement