Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

connachta wrote: »
    But who's for 12 when Aki is out (half of the season) and Robb/Daly injured? Anrold and T.Farrell are clearly 13 now... SOB 2.0 too..

On another note, Oliver+Arnold rumour getting stronger, K.O'Byrne is out of contract too, why not bring him back? Easy and worthy solution

O'Byrne signed contract last week or previous with Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Lebute wrote: »
    O'Byrne signed contract last week or previous with Munster.

Sorry then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Coincidentally Connacht seem to have confirmed that Sullivan is in the academy with this tweet just now:

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1236959356119396352?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Is it only me, or is anyone else wondering whether remaining Pro 14 matches will go ahead, or will go ahead behind closed doors?

Or, to narrow it down, how about Connacht's remaining home fixtures?

France to hold most (basically all) games under closed doors (government)
    Will Pro14 follow the trend..
    And after or before Scarlets game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    We don't know what we don't know.

The Pro 14 have postponed 3 games, they'll more than likely postpone what they can. Then decide whether to go behind closed doors or hand out 0-0 draws.

What will be will be. But some things are more important than sport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    serfboard wrote: »
    Is it only me, or is anyone else wondering whether remaining Pro 14 matches will go ahead, or will go ahead behind closed doors?

Or, to narrow it down, how about Connacht's remaining home fixtures?

Italian Olympic committee want all sports shut down for 4 weeks at least. I posted about it in pro14 thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If a 3% fatality rate is similar to Italy there could be 57,000 dead from the 1.9m they project will get the virus. If people are still worried about Connacht matches being cancelled or played behind closed doors then you have your priorities arseways. Much bigger things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    100% agree with other posters. There is a lot more going on than worrying about games being postponed in the grand scheme of things!!

I did see Kieran Marmion has a post on his Instagram with his foot in a protective boot. Hopefully not a serious injury. He has been very unlucky this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

testtech05 wrote: »
    100% agree with other posters. There is a lot more going on than worrying about games being postponed in the grand scheme of things!!

I did see Kieran Marmion has a post on his Instagram with his foot in a protective boot. Hopefully not a serious injury. He has been very unlucky this season.

The forgotten man of Irish rugby. Treated very shabbily imo.

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    There is a lot more going on than worrying about games being postponed in the grand scheme of things!!
    Since it was myself that asked the question, let me restate what I said:
    Is it only me, or is anyone else wondering ... about Connacht's remaining home fixtures?
    "Wondering about" is not the same as "worrying about". It's a less serious look on the virus outbreak from the perspective of a Connacht fan. I'm curious as to why nothing has been mentioned yet. There is nothing on the Connacht website about it, and they are still selling tickets for matches. I'm actually expecting Connacht's remaining home fixtures to either be cancelled, or to be played behind closed doors.

Ditto for GAA and soccer matches too, of course. (Although I wonder if soccer matches in Ireland meet the qualification of "mass gathering"!).

The Friend Zone
    All sport organisations are waiting for Government intervention so they can use insurance to cover some costs

If Connacht acted outside of what the IRFU or The Pro14 were doing they could end up costing themselves a fortune.

Is it annoying things are up in the air? Yes
    Is there anything substantial Connacht can tell fans? Well no not really
    When the Unions and Pro 14 come together they'll hack out a plan and we'll be let know.
    Which will come after they've done the same thing for the European cups first

Like at the end of the day, it's a contagious virus. And it's being handled differently by different governments, and at the end of the day IMO rugby is low down the list of priorities

We're allowed to talk about rugby even when "poeple die".

Connacht just posted

10 days to go! ⏰
    Ahead of the visit of Scarlets, here's a look back on their last trip to the Sportsground...a thrilling win during a hectic Month of Champions!
    Join us next week for hopefully more of the same under Friday Night Lights ��

It could mean nothing or it could mean, for now, non-Italian games are "probably" on for the week-end at least...

We're allowed to talk about rugby even when "poeple die".
    You're getting it wrong. We're not allowed to talk about the effect of a virus on Rugby fixtures in a Rubgy forum because we're either taking it too seriously, or we're not taking it seriously enough!

The Friend Zone
    But we don't have any information to work off though.

Everything is happening as scheduled until we're told otherwise. And the thinking behind that is they have to be for insurance reasons.

It's not the end of the world.

If the league got called right now we'd be the 7th team into the champions cup next season.

You're getting it wrong. We're not allowed to talk about the effect of a virus on Rugby fixtures in a Rubgy forum because we're either taking it too seriously, or we're not taking it seriously enough!

Yeah this "offense" is just silly:rolleyes: My opinion
    Connacht rugby forum, here to talk about whatever impacts Connacht rugby.
    Doesn't mean the virus in itself isn't important.
    Doesn't mean we have to talk and think about death every minutes on every conversations either

The Friend Zone
    There are Connacht player's at Cheltenham, that should be a 2 week isolation for them when they return. So that's three less to choose from/training

There are Connacht player's at Cheltenham, that should be a 2 week isolation for them when they return. So that's three less to choose from/training

How did you know?

Mul, it's over
    How did you know?

Social media

There are Connacht player's at Cheltenham
    Another event that should have been cancelled, IMO, but that's one for the Horse Racing forum!

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    How did you know?

They have pics up in Instagram

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Social media

Who was there?
    FFS that would be nightmare stuff to hold a game without key players...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone

Eejits!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If the league got called right now we'd be the 7th team into the champions cup next season.

I'll take it. Blow it up, ref!

Mul, it's over

Who went?

Zzippy wrote: »
    I'll take it. Blow it up, ref!

I'll take it too, even if PRO14 play-off take place without us in June (we had very few chances of making it)
    I'm consistant with myself, unfair for other teams...

The Friend Zone
    Who went?

Boyle and the Fitzgerald's

Mul, it's over

Any of them injured?

Bit daft to be going

Arsenal played a Greek team last week. The Greek sides manager tested positive for covid19 yesterday

These lads won't be able to train now for 2 weeks surely.

Carty to play the full-80, and hopefully SOB back?

But if it was this week-end, the 14-day period would be over. They can train in isolation in the meantime...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Any of them injured?

Bit daft to be going

Arsenal played a Greek team last week. The Greek sides manager tested positive for covid19 yesterday

These lads won't be able to train now for 2 weeks surely.

Stephen Fitz is out for the season. To be honest by the end of the week i'd say most sports will be shut down. I'm also sure they got advice and permission to go from Connacht.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement