Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

That's insane to say 7's is a totally different sport, rucks, tackling, are pretty much the same than a n°11.
    It may be a problem for thin and weak tacklers like Conroy. Certainly not for O'Donnell.
    He's gonna a cracking winger

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

All 2020/21 Season tickets cancelled...

In light of this, we can now provide you with one of the following options:
    REFUND your Season Ticket.

DEFER your Season Ticket until the 2021/22 season, guaranteeing you the same price and location.

A CREDIT VOUCHER which can be used against future match tickets, season tickets, or membership packages.

DONATE all or a portion of your purchase to Connacht Rugby, further helping to secure the future health of the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Bazzo wrote: »
    Dead right. Connacht are clearly only signing foreigners out of pure xenophobia against Irish players. That Jordan Conroy lad clearly was never looked at by Connacht backs coach Nigel Carolan while he was in the Connacht Academy under academy manager Nigel Carolan.

yep cause thats what i said alright. :rolleyes:

so what if Carolan didn't fancy him, Friend has recruited two aussie sevens players to fill your squad. Theres tonnes of cracking backs he could have signed all over Ireland, not only the sevens lads.

if you are happy as a province to do this fair enough. same thing with any other Irish province doing it imo. Its not good for Irish rugby, particularly when its questionable if they are good enough

All i know is that one of the main Irish coaches was raving about him after one of the tournaments and was wondering why was he playing sevens. He had access to all his numbers and he was baffled to discover that he was actually from Connacht, he had presumed he was an exile.

i'm sorry, i just don't get Connachts recruitment strategy at times, nor why some players won't go there.

Nothing to do with nationality IF they are good enough. One of these two signings is a clear journeyman. He's not good enough for you. The idea that he's better than Copeland is laughable.

I'm sure he is a cracking player, but we just don't know. He's as untested as a Conroy etc.

I actually think the new stadium and training centre will be key. Connacht probably have the worst facilities of the four provinces, has to be a factor for players if you have been to Munster or Leinsters places.

He will be clearly better than Copeland. Who didn't play and didn't carry as it was expected. You will see

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Niallof9 wrote: »
    he's been playing sevens since he was 20. its a completely different game. and its a shame Connacht can't recruit Irish sevens players, one who was himself cut from the Connacht programme. one who i have been told bemused Irish coaches recently enough when they found out he had been cut from the connacht academy.

He's obviously a very very good sevens player. that doesn't make him a good fifteens player. which is the same logic as Conroy or Kennedy but why not take the punt on an Irish player like they did before in Niyi. As a Leinster based man who has connacht as my second team i find it quite disappointing when they sign two aussie sevens players. throw in a journey man new zealand lad who would remind you of the wild west days of the AIL recruiting any auld lad from there and i find it quite depressing. IMO NUcifora should put more work into getting lads to go to Connacht who need gametime and development particlarly in a European season. Aungier and Arnold are kind of wins but still unknowns. Wooten perhaps. But would Conroy, Kennedy, Wren,Flannery, Byrne, Nash, French not be better punts than some random aussie lad? obviously you need to convince them and not damage inter provincial relationships. But it would be a shame to see some of that talent go to waste.

Its just a pity that Connachts recruitment seems so haphazard, even still in 2020. Particularly in regards to being able to properly recruit and nurture truly talented Irish players apart from the few local lads they have, some if we're being honest aren't really up to the standard of European rugby, at least if Connacht want to stop being the weakest province. Its time to cut somebody like Robb. Farrell has been excellent of course. i don't know i just wish Connacht were able to get some top tier talent consistently.

Lad this post is absolute nonsense. Connacht out more time and money into recruitment than they ever have before and have a great record with signings from Ail, from other provinces and from the southern hemisphere over the last few years. Far more hit than miss. If Conroy wasnt offered a contract by connacht its because he was assessed and not considered good enough. Friend has worked with Porch and O Donnell before and knows what they bring to the table physically, mentally and personally and backed them to make the switch to 15s. As for Papilli he is a player who perfectly fits the description of what we need, albeit a massive punt as he was signed from a much lower level. If an irish player with a similar skillset was available for the same price and happy to sign I'm sure connacht would have signed him. If anything you seem to want Connacht to ignore their own assessment and expertise and just go as local as possible with every signing possible.

As for Peter Robb give over. If we released any player who wasnt quite champions cup standard we would have about 10 players left. People like Robb are key to Connacht, local player who costs next to nothing and who can come in when needed and put in a serious shift in league games

• Advertisement

Lad this post is absolute nonsense. Connacht out more time and money into recruitment than they ever have before and have a great record with signings from Ail, from other provinces and from the southern hemisphere over the last few years. Far more hit than miss. If Conroy wasnt offered a contract by connacht its because he was assessed and not considered good enough. Friend has worked with Porch and O Donnell before and knows what they bring to the table physically, mentally and personally and backed them to make the switch to 15s. As for Papilli he is a player who perfectly fits the description of what we need, albeit a massive punt as he was signed from a much lower level. If an irish player with a similar skillset was available for the same price and happy to sign I'm sure connacht would have signed him. If anything you seem to want Connacht to ignore their own assessment and expertise and just go as local as possible with every signing possible.

As for Peter Robb give over. If we released any player who wasnt quite champions cup standard we would have about 10 players left. People like Robb are key to Connacht, local player who costs next to nothing and who can come in when needed and put in a serious shift in league games

I can only add Robb is improving, he's a basicaly a beast, and fast runner and tackler, now he's working on his hands.
    He's for me the good surprise to expect when Bundee is off with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

If an irish player with a similar skillset was available for the same price and happy to sign I'm sure connacht would have signed him.
    The key parts. Sure everyone knows that there were loads of Irish players available, and Connacht just didn't bother ... :rolleyes:

Like i said if people are happy for Connacht to sign untested imports over local talent, fair enough. I feel its going back a step particularly when one of the players lost, injuries or not, was Irish and from the AIL.

whatever i'm not necessarily criticizing Connacht, i just can't get my head around it either from the IRFU's management of it nor Connachts ability to attract or retain local players like Kelleher.. for me its been a mess since the Keane debacle and Friend has yet to prove his worth. signing buddies from australia and second rate kiwis isn't a good way to go imo.

serfboard wrote: »
    The key parts. Sure everyone knows that there were loads of Irish players available, and Connacht just didn't bother ... :rolleyes:

there's better options than Abraham Papali'i i'd be fairly certain of it. unless he's been signed for a ridiculously low wage.

Look think whatever you like. Connacht should be looking at 4 or 5 type of Arnold signings. Obviously depends on loads of factors, but the IRFU should be paying for somebody like O'Sullivan to go to Connacht for 2 years. Calvin Nash, Adam Byrne, one of Leinster's looseheads, a sean french/jake flannery prospect, take a punt on an ail player if they are there a rowan osbourne if you will. It seems to be going the way that even Connacht would no longer take a Niyi if he was available.

And yeah of course the coaches know best...which is why some of the Irish coaches were scratching their heads over Conroy. If only things were so simple. Friend has a lot to prove in the coming season and you lads in Connacht seem to be accepting going back to the role of fourth province with a whimper.

And i hold the same opinion for Munster signing DeAllende as good as he is. and the same last season with Tomane.

and if peter robb went injury free he would be a beast. he's very unlucky but all i meant was Connacht's loyalty to players that aren't performing seems quite high, again is it a problem recruiting? again no reason one of the O'briens from leinster couldn't be tried if they wanted the move. they managed it with Daly and Farrell. Robb probably deserves another go but 47 appearances in 5 years, its not great is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

the IRFU should be paying for somebody like O'Sullivan to go to Connacht for 2 years.
    Well now, that's a different argument. If that became an option, of course it would be considered.

But it won't. And certainly not in the next few years. So Connacht have to try and manage their budget and get the best value for money of willing and affordable players.

Different sport I know, but I'd suggest watching "Sunderland til I die" to see the difficulty in recruiting players when you only have a limited budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

...... Friend has a lot to prove in the coming season and you lads in Connacht seem to be accepting going back to the role of fourth province with a whimper.....

Politely, if you want your opinion to be taken seriously, then random and uninformed insults are not really the best way to solidify your POV.....

Quote me one decent and real option who's ball-carrying 8 from the Academies. Papali'i is the only option who fits the bill on "developement money" and can only bring more than what we have here (quality but no one able to break a tackle)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I'm somewhat receptive to the argument that we could have looked at a Jack Kelly instead of signing O'Donnell (although we don't know the full story there - maybe we tried) but there simply aren't spare 115kg backrows knocking about Irish rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    yep cause thats what i said alright. :rolleyes:

so what if Carolan didn't fancy him, Friend has recruited two aussie sevens players to fill your squad. Theres tonnes of cracking backs he could have signed all over Ireland, not only the sevens lads.

if you are happy as a province to do this fair enough. same thing with any other Irish province doing it imo. Its not good for Irish rugby, particularly when its questionable if they are good enough

All i know is that one of the main Irish coaches was raving about him after one of the tournaments and was wondering why was he playing sevens. He had access to all his numbers and he was baffled to discover that he was actually from Connacht, he had presumed he was an exile.

i'm sorry, i just don't get Connachts recruitment strategy at times, nor why some players won't go there.

Nothing to do with nationality IF they are good enough. One of these two signings is a clear journeyman. He's not good enough for you. The idea that he's better than Copeland is laughable.

I'm sure he is a cracking player, but we just don't know. He's as untested as a Conroy etc.

I actually think the new stadium and training centre will be key. Connacht probably have the worst facilities of the four provinces, has to be a factor for players if you have been to Munster or Leinsters places.

Your whole post was riddled with half baked nonsense. I just picked the most ludicrous of them for absurdity. Going on and on about how Connacht don't give fringe Irish players a chance (they do this far far more than any other province) then turning around and saying they need to cut Peter Robb out of nowhere after probably his best season or two as a pro. The whole rants just read like uninformed opportunities to have a massive whinge with no real point other than rah rah Connacht need to do better.

The year we promoted 6 in our Academy, have 5 recruits starving for gametime from other provinces, have any of our centres but Bundee back to the best exposure after Leinster release, and have only 3 NIQ in our entire squad. That's not really a well-placed criticism indeed...
    Connacht took all the Irish talents willing to come, and fitting the needs..

Bazzo wrote: »
    Your whole post was riddled with half baked nonsense. I just picked the most ludicrous of them for absurdity. Going on and on about how Connacht don't give fringe Irish players a chance (they do this far far more than any other province) then turning around and saying they need to cut Peter Robb out of nowhere after probably his best season or two as a pro. The whole rants just read like uninformed opportunities to have a massive whinge with no real point other than rah rah Connacht need to do better.

you can't argue the point instead of throwing in insults or at least arguing the actual thing that i said?

I didn't say they don't give them chances..the crux of the matter is they or the irfu, possiblyt the latter seem unable to convince really good talents to go there for proper european gametime. Tom Farrell seems an exception. Like i said Adam Byrne played no european matches this year. he'll get a chance maybe next year, but at 25 he's let a good portion of his career slip by imo. obviously the players choice is paramout and he will feel all those years developing wasn't wasted.

Peter Robb is exactly what irish rugby needs - a big brute of a centre. BUT he has played 47 games in 5 years. its not great is it? so how much loyalty should COnnacht show? I'm not necessarily saying cut him. I'm saying you need to be better at recruitment, retention, etc. I mean Niyi getting cut was quite ruthless. just a shame they couldn't recruit one of the many Irish talents knocking about.

If you are happy with losing Irish players and signing sevens lads from australia and 27 year old rugby league semi pros what can i say...

like some of the posters have said budgets are a part. who knows what the new eight is on.

But again part of my point is there is no point developing or taking the weakest players. Connacht need to be aiming for 3 or 4 levels of Arnold type signings. Off the top of my head the IRFU should move JOS, SF, Penny, and one of the o'briens. maybe a leinster loosehead.

Connacht have developed or recruited some top class talent. Dillane, Butler, Buckley, Boyle, Carty, Marmion, Blade, Heffernan. Its undeniable. I love Connacht. I just feel they should have aimed for 3 or 4 more.

Again budgets and facilities means its unlikely

i have an issue over these two signings.

and there's an obvious reason we don't have too many 115kg players knocking about, and for me its because of a clear change of direction in Irish rugby. A victor Costello or the likes wouldn't be given a sniff today or would be props. We've chosen light athletes over bulk. So yeah maybe they needed a big bruiser of a backrow. But like i said i'm certain there is better players playing in the AIL than this lad. He's got flop written all over him. what was the point in releasing that buccaneers lad back a few seasons ago, the 12 who went to 6? its the same type of hail mary signing.

serfboard wrote: »
    Well now, that's a different argument. If that became an option, of course it would be considered.

But it won't. And certainly not in the next few years. So Connacht have to try and manage their budget and get the best value for money of willing and affordable players.

Different sport I know, but I'd suggest watching "Sunderland til I die" to see the difficulty in recruiting players when you only have a limited budget.

Yes i agree, i've seen it and i have said this before. Connachts facilities with the new development will be a big help in this regard. It was interesting to see how amazing Sunderland's were even though it was still tough to recruit. When a player rocks up to Leinster or Munster to a HQ he would be really impressed. I haven't seen COnnachts, but i'm sure its not a HQ. and this goes for all the other extra things as well.

To keep with the roundball stuff, Lampard was talking recently about how Chelseas transfer ban affected the way they could move people out, he said it was more important than signings sometimes.

This is part of my point. I have an issue with Connacht's overall recruitment, retention etc. It seems haphazard to me. I include the IRFU in that.

I was never saying Robbs not a talent. but wheres the logic keeping an injured Robb on 5 seasons and cutting Niyi? or signing two sevens players when you have a plethora of very good sevens talent and one of those was actually Connacht. i'm sorry i just don't get it. But i don't get alot of things around Irish rugby either.

I'm not insulting COnnacht i just find it kind of sad how much of a high it was with Lam and the way Connacht played to now and all this. Personally i don't think Friend is the answer. Was a gamble that next season will see where he is at. Just promote carolan and be done with it and recruit 3 or 4 Arnold types from other provinces if they are willing. HAving Calvin Nash or O'Sullivan, Penny sitting on their arses for a few seasons while centrally contracted players rack up the numbers will do nothing for Irish rugby. and no playing a few pro 14 games a year won't help them much particularly if COnnacht are in Europe. I will say Friend alluded to it and said it was a struggle (i think) to get Irish talent so look maybe its not Connachts fault at all.

I mean for those saying its all nonsense, i'm probably mostly criticisng the IRFU here.

these two lads could turn out to be superstars, but i'd still be disappointed. Like i said Tomane was a waste of time. And if we're honest as good as DeAllende is, its keeping an Irish centre on the bench. Again send him to Connacht perhaps? thats what i'm getting at really. One of Leinster's tens, Scannell, ben Healy etc. I just don't think its good for Irish rugby. The logic is obviously easier to see with a De Allende than an O'Donnell, the latter having no pedigree in the 15 man game.

what was the point in releasing that buccaneers lad back a few seasons ago, the 12 who went to 6? its the same type of hail mary signing.

FFS Papali'i will be better than Fafita. He's a real carrier. We need him not one more slim "athlete" you want to impose on us. NIQ are allowed to fill a need. We had one there. Don't pretend it's an overuse or a failure by definition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Jordan Conroy was offered a full contract with Connacht on a number of occasions and turned it down as he wants to pursue Sevens. I can't say for certain on Jack Kelly or other Sevens players but I would very much think that with the grip Nucifora has on signings, Irish sevens players would have been approached before Friend had to recruit O Donnell or Porch.

The market is tricky at the moment as well. Looking at the list of ins and outs this season and looking at it financially, it almost certainly looks like there's been a budget reduction.

Will Connors turned Connacht down having all but put pen to paper. Roman Salanoa turned Connacht down. They are only 2 who are known publicly, there's more than likely many others.

If the players don't want to come, then there isn't a whole lot Friend or Connacht can do and in order to fill the squad, players need to be brought in from somewhere.

I think we'd all love to see the team made up of a majority of homegrown players who have loyalty here and are not looking for a pathway back to their home province. Unfortunately there isn't enough being produced, more can be done on this. There is definitely a very good crop of young players in the first year academy this year but we're always going to be fighting an uphill battle, there are a vast number of Leinster schools who probably have budget similar to that of the whole Connacht academy. In a numbers game like this, we are way behind the curve.

Hopefully this time next year we're talking about the likes of Niall Murray, Dylan Tierney Martin etc as being key parts of the squad. We need to maximise the talent at our disposal.

connachta wrote: »
    FFS Papali'i will be better than Fafita. He's a real carrier. We need him not one more slim "athlete" you want to impose on us. NIQ are allowed to fill a need. We had one there. Don't pretend it's an overuse or a failure by definition

How do you know? Fifita was excellent in the AIL. What level has this lad played at? not much from what i've read. he's 27. and look there isn't a huge amount of these lads knocking about. i 100 per cent agree his signing is less problematic than O'Donnells.

I don't want slim athletes, but it was a response to the idea that irish rugby has no 115 kg backrows knocking about. and for me part of that is the way Irish rugby. like NZ went with conditioning. Even at AIL level the trend has been downwards. I played in an AIL team with loads of 6,4/5 115kg monsters. they all seem to have gone which will hurt us longterm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You've got a Friend in me
    I'm somewhat receptive to the argument that we could have looked at a Jack Kelly instead of signing O'Donnell (although we don't know the full story there - maybe we tried) but there simply aren't spare 115kg backrows knocking about Irish rugby.

As Porterbelly said above, I'd be inclined to think Jack Kelly is actively pursuing a career in Sevens as opposed to not getting opportunities elsewhere.

His ability in attack and defense and under the high ball are all to an excellent standard. He's got great pace and good hands. He's the type of player Connacht could do with

As Porterbelly said above, I'd be inclined to think Jack Kelly is actively pursuing a career in Sevens as opposed to not getting opportunities elsewhere.

His ability in attack and defense and under the high ball are all to an excellent standard. He's got great pace and good hands. He's the type of player Connacht could do with

Yeah but then why are the IRFU allowing this? why are we losing top tier academy talent like Dardis, Kennedy, Conroy etc to sevens (the argument being they aren't good enough and they need an outlet) but then signing sevens lads from across the WOrld. It makes no sense to me.

I was sitting in a kitchen watching the sevens when my mate who is a high level coach in the IRFU and he was chatting with one of the head Irish coaches and he couldn't believe how good Conroy was. And he asked him why wasn't he playing anywhere? when he was told he was cut from Connacht he was amazed. my mate had shown him some of his numbers etc which are just freakish including strength tests. like we all know COnroy's defence is ****e, but he's hardly the first winger to have ****e defence. I repeat this story, because to me its an indictment on how its being run atm imo.

Jack Kelly, Terry Kennedy, Jordan COnroy are poossibly better players than Niyi. Which is where part of my argument is. I don't believe COnnacht would give a Niyi a chance anymore...for whatever reason. That was Lam just giving it a go. and the o'donnell signing is an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

You've got a Friend in me
    Yeah but then why are the IRFU allowing this? why are we losing top tier academy talent like Dardis, Kennedy, Conroy etc to sevens (the argument being they aren't good enough and they need an outlet) but then signing sevens lads from across the WOrld. It makes no sense to me.

I was sitting in a kitchen watching the sevens when my mate who is a high level coach in the IRFU was chatting with Simon Easterby and he couldn't believe how good Conroy was. And he asked him why wasn't he playing anywhere? when he was told he was cut from Connacht he was amazed. my mate had shown him some of his numbers etc which are just freakish including strength tests. like we all know COnroy's defence is ****e, but he's hardly the first winger to have ****e defence.

Because as was actually stated in the quote I alluded to, Kelly might not have wanted to play for Connacht.

Free will is a wonderful thing. While you clearly don't see the merit, Jack Kelly might have seen the appeal of the world series Sevens circuit. And ultimately, it would be up to him.

This is also the same for Conroy and Kennedy. The Olympics might have been a significant carrot. Hopping and skipping all across the world might have been another.

Strange as it might seem, some players might not want to play 15s at the highest level having tasted it. Sevens is definitely a different environment

Because as was actually stated in the quote I alluded to, Kelly might not have wanted to play for Connacht.

Free will is a wonderful thing. While you clearly don't see the merit, Jack Kelly might have seen the appeal of the world series Sevens circuit. And ultimately, it would be up to him.

This is also the same for Conroy and Kennedy. The Olympics might have been a significant carrot. Hopping and skipping all across the world might have been another.

Strange as it might seem, some players might not want to play 15s at the highest level having tasted it. Sevens is definitely a different environment

Oh yeah for sure i get all that and i accept that. I know Terry's cousins and they are all very proud of him and he loves it but i'm fairly certain many of them truly want to be 15's players. Our rugby culture is built around that game unlike other countries on the 7's circuit. i'm not a fan of 7's here for the very reason that we often trot out the auld playing numbers excuse easily enough.

Throw in some of the wages involved , some at around 20k, and the idea that its a long term option for them isn't really true. I'd say you'd get one more cycle from some of them - and i am really only talking about the lads good enough to make the academies.

and again its in the overall context of a Connacht signing two overseas sevens players. I'd be fairly certain we'll see one of them in Connachts shirt some time in the next few years anyhow. Unless Connacht are no longer in that risk taking game like they did with Healy, Niyi etc.

Like it or not but O'Donnell looks like a better standard for tackling than Conroy. It matters even for a winger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

I was sitting in a kitchen watching the sevens when my mate who is a high level coach in the IRFU and he was chatting with one of the head Irish coaches and he couldn't believe how good Conroy was. And he asked him why wasn't he playing anywhere? when he was told he was cut from Connacht he was amazed. my mate had shown him some of his numbers etc which are just freakish including strength tests. like we all know COnroy's defence is ****e, but he's hardly the first winger to have ****e defence. I repeat this story, because to me its an indictment on how its being run atm imo.

Jack Kelly, Terry Kennedy, Jordan COnroy are poossibly better players than Niyi. Which is where part of my argument is. I don't believe COnnacht would give a Niyi a chance anymore...for whatever reason. That was Lam just giving it a go. and the o'donnell signing is an example.

Up to now, Conroy has not wanted to play XV's, he's chosen to play Sevens despite being offered a senior contract with Connacht on a number of occasions.

Connacht would take him in a heartbeat, he scored over 20 tries for Buccs in 1B a couple of years ago and carved it up in a few A games.

But he can't be forced to play, it's 2020, free will and all that.

Up to now, Conroy has not wanted to play XV's, he's chosen to play Sevens despite being offered a senior contract with Connacht on a number of occasions.

Connacht would take him in a heartbeat, he scored over 20 tries for Buccs in 1B a couple of years ago and carved it up in a few A games.

But he can't be forced to play, it's 2020, free will and all that.

Really? Ok fair enough i didn't know he refused a contract, news to me. i presumed he was cut and defence was the issue. again this is my issue with Ireland and the 7's. We often use the playing numbers excuse. But are happy to lose players to sevens or abroad.

It is what it is i'm not trying to ruffle feathers i just want Connacht to be the best they can be and Irish players to take the opportunities available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Really? Ok fair enough i didn't know he refused a contract, news to me. i presumed he was cut and defence was the issue. again this is my issue with Ireland and the 7's. We often use the playing numbers excuse. But are happy to lose players to sevens or abroad.

It is what it is i'm not trying to ruffle feathers i just want Connacht to be the best they can be and Irish players to take the opportunities available.

Your posts seem to rely incredibly heavily on presumptions. I won't get into it but so, many errors.

For example: on this thread you've insistently repeated Connacht's admin, training, ops, etc set up are sub par. (They aren't.) Yet, a few posts up, you mention you are not actually aware of them.

Your posts are littered with small incorrects constantly, almost everyone. I won't go into it but for example you recently bemoaned the IRFU or Connacht for not making provincial players with little gametime to head west and use Tom Farrell as an example of exception. He wasn't, Tom Farrell was a starter for Bedford Blues, before that in London Irish academy.

It's clear you have the interest and plenty to add of value to the conversation but please stop posting incorrects, presumptions, etc as fact.

Your posts seem to rely incredibly heavily on presumptions. I won't get into it but so, many errors.

For example: on this thread you've insistently repeated Connacht's admin, training, ops, etc set up are sub par. (They aren't.) Yet, a few posts up, you mention you are not actually aware of them.

Your posts are littered with small incorrects constantly, almost everyone. I won't go into it but for example you recently bemoaned the IRFU or Connacht for not making provincial players with little gametime to head west and use Tom Farrell as an example of exception. He wasn't, Tom Farrell was a starter for Bedford Blues, before that in London Irish academy.

It's clear you have the interest and plenty to add of value to the conversation but please stop posting incorrects, presumptions, etc as fact.

Well being released by London Irish and only starting for 5th or 6th best Championship team was a big gamble. It proved a great one ; but when you saw him play on clips you knew he could add smth. It's the same for Papali'i IMO

• Advertisement

ok sure whatever you say.

subpar compared to the other provinces. thats clearly what i inferred. are you really going to dispute that they aren't? like i said hopefully once the new facilities are built then it will be much better.

I know where Tom Farrell came from. He can be used as an example of a Leinster player imo. and no he was in the Leinster academy. so maybe it is you who needs to stop posting incorrect info.

Jesus the amount of sensitivity on boards rugby made me realise why i stopped posting here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement