Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    So Pat Lam again is just doing Connacht with more money:D

Not really we didn't offer them contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Really interesting interview with Alex Wootton on off the ball this morning. Never directly criticised anyone but more or less said that notwithstanding injury issues, didn’t think he had gotten a fair run at Munster since European quarter final he started ahead of Zebo for.

Had a lot of praise for Connacht set up, Andy Friend in particular. Plenty of confidence too, said his attitude when he was picked ahead of Zebo that it was right call, he was better player. That might read arrogant but it wasn’t in conversation, he meant that you have to have that outlook or you’re going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

KBurke85 wrote: »

I know this. I wasn't trying to say he was "poaching". Just he can add high-profile signing to the players he likes (ex-Connacht ones or same profiles like Uren, O'Connor etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Adeolokun signed with Bristol on a short term deal. Could potentially end up with a Premiership winners medal too
    McCabe also gone to Bristol.
    KBurke85 wrote: »

I was very surprised that Niyi was not kept this year.

McCabe was harshly treated by Connacht over the last two years.
    Professional sports is a hard business.
    However, Connacht needed him but messed around with short term contracts rather than giving him the 2 year deal he deserved and Connacht actually needed.

Delighted for both of them.

The Southern Kings have announced that they are dropping out of the Pro 14 for financial reasons.
    We're the last team they faced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Really interesting interview with Alex Wootton on off the ball this morning. Never directly criticised anyone but more or less said that notwithstanding injury issues, didn’t think he had gotten a fair run at Munster since European quarter final he started ahead of Zebo for.

Had a lot of praise for Connacht set up, Andy Friend in particular. Plenty of confidence too, said his attitude when he was picked ahead of Zebo that it was right call, he was better player. That might read arrogant but it wasn’t in conversation, he meant that you have to have that outlook or you’re going nowhere.

Perhaps he didn't get a fair run after that Racing game but by the time he returned from injury the likes of Nash and Daly had bypassed him. Munster have enough cover in the back three with Gallagher arriving and Coombes being promoted so Wootton became surplus to requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I personally know one player Pat Lam has approached, and to be honest I’d assume most of the guys who played under him could get a Bristol deal if they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Had a lot of praise for Connacht set up, Andy Friend in particular.
    I was thinking that Wootton would play like he had a point to prove - even more so if he's playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    McAllister, Delahunt, Robertson-McCoy, Murray, Roux, E Masteron, Oliver, Papali'i , Blade, Fitzgerald, Healy, Daly, Arnold, De Buitlear, TOH,

Murphy, Burke, Kenny, Dillane, S Masterson, Kerins, Robb, Dean

interesting team, certain poster is going to love that 8 pick

The Friend Zone

Any time stamp for this, cannot find it on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    freyners wrote: »
    Any time stamp for this, cannot find it on the website?

It’s first up on below

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1298871686448779264?s=21

The Friend Zone

:o

Thanks a mill

McAllister, Delahunt, Robertson-McCoy, Murray, Roux, E Masteron, Oliver, Papali'i

Murphy, Burke, Kenny, Dillane, S Masterson

Heaviest pack in years for Connacht!

If Tom Daly + Colm De Buitlear step up hugely, this should be a hell of a game

The Friend Zone
    McAllister, Delahunt, Robertson-McCoy, Murray, Roux, E Masteron, Oliver, Papali'i , Blade, Fitzgerald, Healy, Daly, Arnold, De Buitlear, TOH,

Murphy, Burke, Kenny, Dillane, S Masterson, Kerins, Robb, Dean

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1299300703240884224

picture form for those who can view it.

Do have to love the dodgy photo shops on the new players (and Niall Murray)

So assuming everyone gets off the bench this time around, the following are the senior players who haven't featured over these two games:

Cillian Gallagher
    Oisin Dowling
    Sean O'Brien
    Colm Reilly
    Stephen Fitzgerald

No back-3 cover, I suppose C.Fitz will be move to FB with Dean coming in 10, in case of injury there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1299300703240884224

picture form for those who can view it.

Do have to love the dodgy photo shops on the new players (and Niall Murray)

Some neck on that young lad

So assuming everyone gets off the bench this time around, the following are the senior players who haven't featured over these two games:

Cillian Gallagher
    Oisin Dowling
    Sean O'Brien
    Colm Reilly
    Stephen Fitzgerald

no surprise except Gallagher who weren't on the injury list.. Should have taken a knock..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭JohnniDrama

I personally feel it’s a make or break season ahead for Gallagher.

I personally feel it’s a make or break season ahead for Gallagher.

What does he have not to be lined..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Lack of involvement for Gallagher is a bit odd alright, he's never really had a bad showing that I can remember?

Bazzo wrote: »
    Lack of involvement for Gallagher is a bit odd alright, he's never really had a bad showing that I can remember?

Flip side of that is he's never had a performance where he's announced himself as a senior player. He had two seasons of Ireland u20 rugby and was named captain the second year so expectations were high and I don't think he's lived up to them yet (not due to a lack of ability or effort, he has just been constantly injured since the age of 18).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone

You'd have to think Ultan wanting to get an Ireland spot is part of it aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭JohnniDrama

Flip side of that is he's never had a performance where he's announced himself as a senior player. He had two seasons of Ireland u20 rugby and was named captain the second year so expectations were high and I don't think he's lived up to them yet (not due to a lack of ability or effort, he has just been constantly injured since the age of 18).

Fully agree with you.

He has struggled to kick on. I hope he fulfils his earlier potential, especially being a home grown talent.

Mul, it's over
    You'd have to think Ultan wanting to get an Ireland spot is part of it aswell

I think they see him mainly as a 6(he's listed as a flanker on the website). Masterson is the only player starting both matches as it stands, could easily have taken his place if he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

I think they see him mainly as a 6(he's listed as a flanker on the website). Masterson is the only player starting both matches as it stands, could easily have taken his place if he's fit.

Would not pass any heed of what he’s listed as, they have Porch down as a centre 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Good to see Jake Heenan back playing rugby today. Last time I saw him play was the 2016 Pro12 final. And great to see AJ McGinty at his best today also. Nice to have an interest in both Sale and Bristol today

Mul, it's over
    Lebute wrote: »
    Would not pass any heed of what he’s listed as, they have Porch down as a centre 😀

Haha really? I didn't bother checking anyone else but that's pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Interesting that Munster need two points out of the game tomorrow. That adds a bit of spice to the event

• Advertisement

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    Interesting that Munster need two points out of the game tomorrow. That adds a bit of spice to the event

That adds nothing.
    Munster go full-strenght. They'll win
    The point is to make them uneasy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement