Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I don't know if those games would be counted or just seen as exhibition games/friendlies in that respect.

Think it has to be meaningful games, not sure how it’s worked out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Provincial Representative Season Outline

12th September 2020 (PRO14 2019/20 Final Weekend)

Provincial A Fixtures Rd 1

Teams?
    No news at all...

Well seems to be next weeks

Munster A will face Connacht A on consecutive Saturdays this month at the Sportsground and Thomond Park.

The first game takes place on Saturday, September 19, at the Sportsground with a 2.30pm kick-off.

Thomond Park hosts the second clash between the sides the following Saturday with another 2.30pm start.

The Munster A selections for both games will be made up of players from the senior squad and the Greencore Munster Rugby Academy.

7's games this week?

If it counts for Papali'i ban then good, if not, play him!!

I'd go with a mix with many young U23 senior players + Academy

1) Duggan
    2) Tierney-Martin
    3) Aungier
    4) Prendergast
    5) Gallagher
    6) SOB (Capt, back from injury)
    7) Booth
    8) S.Masterson
    9) Kerrins
    10) Dean
    11) Sullivan
    12) SOB 2.0
    13) Jennings
    14) De Buitlear
    15) McNulty

16) Adamson
    17) Burke
    18) Kenny
    19) Dowling
    20) Dunne/McCormack
    21) Reilly
    22) Forde
    23) Kilgallen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Niyi will make his Bristol debut tomorrow in a team captained by Jake Heenan at 8.

Niyi will make his Bristol debut tomorrow in a team captained by Jake Heenan at 8.

Jake as 8? puzzling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

connachta wrote: »
    Jake as 8? puzzling...

Yeah I wouldn’t have him down as an 8 at all but tbh I haven’t seen much of him or Bristol in the last few years.

No try for Niyi, touch

McCabe overwhelmed at scrum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Think we need to look at pearse stadium .... I'd imagine the sports ground will be limited to 1000

gally74 wrote: »
    Think we need to look at pearse stadium .... I'd imagine the sports ground will be limited to 1000

Without going into my own strong objections on the current and short-term future restrictions I don't think this is a runner.

I doubt there's going to be any major turnarounds by the government that will ease public gatherings to 1000 people until next year unfortunately. By the time they let spectators into the Sportsground there will be the same capacity limits imposed on Pearse Stadium.

Even then the 5 year planning extension for floodlights in Salthill is not the final twist in that tale.

That said if people think the wind and rain in Sportsground is bad I'd love to see them experience what a cold winter day is like in Pearse Stadium :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That said if people think the wind and rain in Sportsground is bad I'd love to see them experience what a cold winter day is like in Pearse Stadium :D

All good points but um, is the climate somehow vastly different in the 3 or 4 kilometres between the two? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

You've got a Friend in me
    Zzippy wrote: »
    All good points but um, is the climate somehow vastly different in the 3 or 4 kilometres between the two? ;)

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone

HELL YES!!

XsBO39z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Without going into my own strong objections on the current and short-term future restrictions I don't think this is a runner.

I doubt there's going to be any major turnarounds by the government that will ease public gatherings to 1000 people until next year unfortunately. By the time they let spectators into the Sportsground there will be the same capacity limits imposed on Pearse Stadium.

Even then the 5 year planning extension for floodlights in Salthill is not the final twist in that tale.

I was more thinking of the next year or two with covid. Announcement on sport tomorrow and the sports ground won't fare good, however with pearses we might get 2k in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Am I missing something about this tweet, is it supposed to mean anything or is the social network admin just feeling inspirational this morning?

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1305415994987483136?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    New jersey launch tease

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Meet the new jersey. Same as the old jersey.

Looks like the same stripes design from last season. Disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

evil_seed wrote: »
    Meet the new jersey. Same as the old jersey.

Looks like the same stripes design from last season. Disappointing

You seen something I haven't? They're still teasing its release for this afternoon on their FB...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    BeardySi wrote: »
    You seen something I haven't? They're still teasing its release for this afternoon on their FB...

I think all 3 kits are being unveiled on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone

Looks just like every other design we've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

KBurke85 wrote: »
    I think all 3 kits are being unveiled on Thursday

I saw "stronger today" on their page and assumed twas today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

I saw "stronger today" on their page and assumed twas today :(

I'm guessing tomorrow will be "stronger tomorrow" and then on Thursday the launch day it will be "stronger everyday"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    b.gud wrote: »
    I'm guessing tomorrow will be "stronger tomorrow" and then on Thursday the launch day it will be "stronger everyday"

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »

So far it checks out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

freyners wrote: »
    So far it checks out

Yeah I wish I put a bet on it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement