Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »
    Yeah I wish I put a bet on it :)

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1306140769271427072/photo/1

You really should have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Looks like the purple is back. Don't think we've used it since the first season in the Heineken cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

freyners wrote: »
    Looks like the purple is back. Don't think we've used it since the first season in the Heineken cup?

2015/16 in the challenge cup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Connacht's Abraham Papali’i and Shane Delahunt have been handed three-game bans for their red cards against Munster.

PRO14 says the bans will apply to "three meaningful games" with the 2020/21 season fixtures not out yet.

So the A games against Munster won't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Already posted above.

Bans are fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Neither can have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

No issue with the bans or the fact that they should be "meaningful games", but I do have an issue with the inconsistency with which bans are enforced, we've seen examples of essentially practice matches counting towards bans so why not the A games?

Don't get me wrong I'm not actually saying that the bans for Papali’i and Delahunt should include these games but I think that what games should count towards a ban is one of the many areas that World Rugby needs to look at around disciplinary hearings to have greater consistency across the competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    No issue with the bans or the fact that they should be "meaningful games", but I do have an issue with the inconsistency with which bans are enforced, we've seen examples of essentially practice matches counting towards bans so why not the A games?

Don't get me wrong I'm not actually saying that the bans for Papali’i and Delahunt should include these games but I think that what games should count towards a ban is one of the many areas that World Rugby needs to look at around disciplinary hearings to have greater consistency across the competitions

Sure the lads that got bans pre lockdown haven't missed a game

That being said Papali'i needs these games to get upto speed with union again so I'm happy to see he gets these games so he can be more effective when he returns

I actually had an example of this ready to go in my post but I thought it was a bit unfair to use it as an example of where the system is wrong because it is covid is such an extraordinary occurrence that would be hard to account for

That being said Papali'i needs these games to get upto speed with union again so I'm happy to see he gets these games so he can be more effective when he returns

Actually I never really thought about this but it's a bit weird that Delahunt and Papali'i will technically be able to play in the A games despite having received a ban which they have to serve in later games

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Actually I never really thought about this but it's a bit weird that Delahunt and Papali'i will technically be able to play in the A games despite having received a ban which they have to serve in later games

Against the team he got the card against. I think there's been teams that have organised matches to get around bans. George North possibly in the past.
    Just annoying to be the ones called on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Exactly what I was about to say,

He'll play 3 A games and enter in meaningful games more competitive.
    Boyle will do the job as 8 in the meantime

More worried about hookers, Heff has to stay injury free from now until November

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

connachta wrote: »
    Exactly what I was about to say,

He'll play 3 A games and enter in meaningful games more competitive.
    Boyle will do the job as 8 in the meantime

More worried about hookers, Heff has to stay injury free from now until November

Hopefully they’ll Give delahunt the A games off, the two hookers in the academy have FA game time between them in A games the last two years and will likely be needed at some point while delahunt is banned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Connacht's Abraham Papali’i and Shane Delahunt have been handed three-game bans for their red cards against Munster.

PRO14 says the bans will apply to "three meaningful games" with the 2020/21 season fixtures not out yet.

So the A games against Munster won't count.

No problem with the bans but the inconsistency is annoying. What meaningful games did James Cronin miss? ACtually, never mind meaningful, what games did he miss? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Zzippy wrote: »
    No problem with the bans but the inconsistency is annoying. What meaningful games did James Cronin miss? ACtually, never mind meaningful, what games did he miss? :rolleyes:

Wasn’t Cronin ban handed down by a different Authority? It’s a joke but given the circumstances this year it’s not surprising that there’s things like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 04581466

New jerseys are on Elverys now; they're okay, away jersey is my pick of the three.

Home
    C1-000000000001109603-636Wx636H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxODExOTV8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDgzL2g3Yy85ODQxODUwMzg0NDE0LmpwZ3wxMDZhMjJkYjM1OTc0NWM3Yjc0MzZiZmRmODk2YzhlNDJiZTQyMTc5NzNiMGI1MjFjMzI3ZjY3ZWM3ZmUwNjQz

Away
    C1-000000000001109604-636Wx636H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3w4NDc2OXxpbWFnZS9qcGVnfGltYWdlcy9oMmEvaDdhLzEwMDAxMzc3MTk4MTEwLmpwZ3wxYWFkZmYzOWJlZDhhOTdiM2I2ODg2OTU2NmNjNjUzMDRiYzZjZDUzNmE4ZTgzZjk4NzdhNzg0MDA2MTdmZjkx

European
    C1-000000000001109605-636Wx636H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxNDgzODd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDRiL2hmNC8xMDAwMTM3NjgzNzY2Mi5qcGd8Njk2N2JhMDkxMWE4YzZjMDM4NjY4NTAyNmFlMjBkNjcyOTRjNGI4NzYwODJkZWM1ZWRiYzA4YWE1NTE0MDJhYw

Training kit is nicer than the main kits in my opinion
    C1-000000000001109624-636Wx636H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxNTg4ODF8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaGVlL2hmMC85OTM3NzE2ODM4NDMwLmpwZ3w4NWE3ZWNkOWIxZWY2MDBhZDQ3NGNjYjZlYzdiNGQ1ZThmY2I4NGE3YjAwNTA3ZmQ1OTE1OGUwZDA3N2EyNWYx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Home kit - OK
    Away kit - Ospreys
    European kit - WTF!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 04581466

evil_seed wrote: »
    Home kit - OK
    Away kit - Ospreys
    European kit - WTF!?

I kind of agree with you alright, didn't make that Ospreys link until you said it, can't unsee it now.

If the training kit were the European kit and vice versa I'd be happier.

Edit; and annoyingly they're still opting for the silica gel badges that will eventually peel off rather than embroidering or even just printing the crest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I like the home one and the third limey green one. The black and gold is very lazy and doesn't look great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Home and European as v nice imo.

The away one is fine but as others noted in not keen on wearing an ospreys jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

salmocab wrote: »
    Wasn’t Cronin ban handed down by a different Authority? It’s a joke but given the circumstances this year it’s not surprising that there’s things like this.

Off the top of my head Id assume that

Doping bans are handed down by WADA not a citing commissioner/panel
    And that Doping bans tend to be for time periods not games

Could be wrong though

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Didn't marler not have to serve any of his 10 weeks because of covid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Didn't marler not have to serve any of his 10 weeks because of covid
    Yeah. didnt miss a match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    CONNACHT EAGLES V MUNSTER A (SATURDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2020 @ THE SPORTSGROUND, K/O 2PM).
    15. John Porch
    14. Colm de Buitléar
    13. Sam Arnold
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Diarmuid Kilgannen
    10. Conor Dean
    9. Stephen Kerins

1. Jordan Duggan
    2. Jonny Murphy
    3. Conor Kenny
    4. Cian Prendergast
    5. Niall Murray
    6. Oisin McCormack
    7. Conor Oliver (C)
    8. Sean Masterson

Replacements
    16. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    17. Matthew Burke
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Darragh Murray
    20. Joshua Dunne
    21. Colm Reilly
    22. Cathal Forde
    23. Shane Jennings
    24. Oran McNulty
    25. Peter Sullivan

Strong team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

macslash wrote: »
    CONNACHT EAGLES V MUNSTER A (SATURDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2020 @ THE SPORTSGROUND, K/O 2PM).
    15. John Porch
    14. Colm de Buitléar
    13. Sam Arnold
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Diarmuid Kilgannen
    10. Conor Dean
    9. Stephen Kerins

1. Jordan Duggan
    2. Jonny Murphy
    3. Conor Kenny
    4. Cian Prendergast
    5. Niall Murray
    6. Oisin McCormack
    7. Conor Oliver (C)
    8. Sean Masterson

Replacements
    16. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    17. Matthew Burke
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Darragh Murray
    20. Joshua Dunne
    21. Colm Reilly
    22. Cathal Forde
    23. Shane Jennings
    24. Oran McNulty
    25. Peter Sullivan

Strong team

Damn, that is a strong team, Munster boys could be in for a tough game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭JohnniDrama

Really nice team.

Would love a stream of the game.

2 good fixtures ahead of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭JohnniDrama

Saw Ben O’Donnell is on route from Sydney also. Nearly forgot about him.

If injuries are kind to us this season, especially up front (SOB, Thornbury, etc), it could be an interesting season.

Shame project Sportsground hasn’t commenced and no crowds, as that is a big advantage at home, but exciting season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

Any chance someone will be live streaming on Facebook/YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

lenny4545 wrote: »
    Any chance someone will be live streaming on Facebook/YouTube?

According to Murray Kinsella there are no plans to stream it, despite Munster planning to stream the return fixture. I popped the branch a mail just now asking them to reconsider - I think it would be a nice touch (they could market it as a reward to their loyal 1885 members), and technically simple. I'm sure they could even just ask one of the Clan to do it (there's been unofficial streams of away games in the past on facebook).

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    RonnieL wrote: »
    According to Murray Kinsella there are no plans to stream it, despite Munster planning to stream the return fixture. I popped the branch a mail just now asking them to reconsider - I think it would be a nice touch (they could market it as a reward to their loyal 1885 members), and technically simple. I'm sure they could even just ask one of the Clan to do it (there's been unofficial streams of away games in the past on facebook).

Those were done on someone's phone I think.

To do it with a proper camera is tricky enough. I've had to stream conferences and it was a pain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement