Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭randomname2005

ClanofLams wrote: »
    3 penalties inside 22, two in a row from five metres out should be a yellow every time

Is now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A yellow card followed by yet another pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That yellow should have been about 3 penalties ago. Should be another there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Howyanowscan

G'wan Oliver. Great work from Arnold. That's more like it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Nice.
    I wonder if the ref would have given a second yellow

• Advertisement

That’s unforgivable. Conceding a try to 14. It was practically 3 v 1 at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

That hurt

Sullivan and Arnold taking each other out :o

That's so unbelievably bad.

Sullivan not great again there but inexcusable how bad he was for the first try, committing to the ball carrier who was obviously going to get run down and let the support player in.

What started that was Fitzgerald barreling in and over when they were deep in their 22. They ended up getting into our half a phase later where if he kept his feet and layed a tackle they were in trouble in their 22.

He ran right in between Arnold and O’Sullivan who seemed to get in each other’s way.

• Advertisement

How did that ball not go dead? Was hopping along and suddenly stopped.

Cardiff have basically had 3 quick visits to the Connacht 22 and come away with 2 tries and a penalty.

The scoreboard doesn't reflect it but this is as poor a Connacht away showing in a game that matters in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    They look more out on their feet than any team I ever saw after 65 mins, no idea why that is.

A bizarre game. Connacht on top for long spells and will end up getting stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    They look more out on their feet than any team I ever saw after 65 mins, no idea why that is.

Did they travel over today I think I saw somewhere? If so could that have some effect maybe?

It's been a bad performance either way not offering it as an excuse but they have looked tired from early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

Quite simple, they’ve deflated themselves with the missed chances. The Fitzgerald missed tackle on their 5m line was the turning point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Would love to see the stats for how we have fared when the opposition have had a player or two in the bin since last season. I reckon we have conceded more than we have scored. Serious mental block. Tonight is another example of us conceding against 14. Think there was a game last year when we conceded against 13.

testtech05 wrote: »
    Did they travel over today I think I saw somewhere? If so could that have some effect maybe?

It's been a bad performance either way not offering it as an excuse but they have looked tired from early on.

Yeah travelling over on the day during Covid. Coming back straight after the game.

Arnold looks like a really good player. Is it a leadership issue? Hmmm. So many errors. It's very frustrating.

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    Quite simple, they’ve deflated themselves with the missed chances. The Fitzgerald missed tackle on their 5m line was the turning point.

That’s when the game changed. Had his man in trouble right on the Cardiff try line but let him get away and he made that breakaway down the field. Been all Cardiff since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    its_phil wrote: »

That was a massive moment alright not sure what happened just ran over him. Should have been a 5m scrum for us if played a bit more cleverly.

I think your being generous to say it always a missed tackle though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Took a few right hammerings away last season too. Edinburgh and Ulster by 30 odd, Leinster by 40 odd.

Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    testtech05 wrote: »
    That was a massive moment alright not sure what happened just ran over him. Should have been a 5m scrum for us if played a bit more cleverly.

I think your being generous to say it always a missed tackle though.....

Think he got caught in two minds between smashing and letting him up to avoid being penalised. Eventually jumped over him which was even weirder.

We should have won that game. Bizarre loss.

Well that was immensely frustrating. Were completely on top up to the Oliver try if not on the scoreboard but a complete implosion after that.

Grim stuff but thought Oliver and Roux had good outings. Losing Bealham and Heffernan so early didn't help but thought Delahunt tidied the lineout up a lot.

To get hit for 4 tries and only score once despite having probably 25 minutes in the Cardiff 22 is a big kick up the arse.

Fitzgerald wasn't right from his first kick to touch. Was nervy after that. He's a much better outhalf than he showed tonight.

Ray Lee-Lo is some player tbf. Made absolute **** of us.

I think Cardiff had 5 fairly quick visits to the Connacht 22 and came away with 4 tries and a pen.

Connacht probably 25 minutes hammering away in the Cardiff 22 and came away with 7 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

we don't deserve to win

no linebreaks, they nullified us.

Good mauls good scrum, correct individual performances though

connachta wrote: »
    we don't deserve to win

no linebreaks, they nullified us.

Good mauls good scrum, correct individual performances though

Let's not be too harsh. The errors killed us, not the ability of the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Took a few right hammerings away last season too. Edinburgh and Ulster by 30 odd, Leinster by 40 odd.

Not good enough.

I don't know about the other two games but Connacht rocked up to Leinster with a squad of about 25 fit players. They had no chance of anything but a hammering that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement