Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Think we could do with Papalii starting in this one, we’ve lost a lot of power in the pack and he would compensate for that somewhat. I’d go:

1. Buckley
    2. Delahunt
    3. Robertson-McCoy
    4. Masterson
    5. Thornbury
    6. Boyle
    7. Butler
    8. Papali’i
    9. Blade
    10. Fitzgerald
    11. Wootton
    12. Robb
    13. Farrell
    14. Sullivan
    15. Porch

Is O’Halloran fit? I’d have him in for Sullivan if so and switch Porch to the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    FACECUTTR wrote: »
    How many players have Edinburgh lost to the national team this week? .

14 in Scottish Squad, presume none will be allowed back if they’re in a bubble. Bill Mata out injured.

On paper Connacht should be competitive but hard to have any confidence at all given hammering there last season during 6N when they were missing a similar amount and performance in Cardiff.

A bad loss this week would put management under some pressure in final year of contract I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Think we could do with Papalii starting in this one, we’ve lost a lot of power in the pack and he would compensate for that somewhat. I’d go:

1. Buckley
    2. Delahunt
    3. Robertson-McCoy
    4. Masterson
    5. Thornbury
    6. Boyle
    7. Butler
    8. Papali’i
    9. Blade
    10. Fitzgerald
    11. Wootton
    12. Robb
    13. Farrell
    14. Sullivan
    15. Porch

Is O’Halloran fit? I’d have him in for Sullivan if so and switch Porch to the wing.

Really agree (includin McCoy experience to start over Aungier)
    Papali'i won't last more than 50 though. S.Masterson on the bench to come into the game?

I'd like your Robb/Farrell combo, I still think Andy may try to associate the two skillful options 12 Farrell 13 Arnold

Intersting!

I still have insane hope to get Gallagher on the bench...
    If not it's Papali'i as 19 or Murray's young brother (or Pendergast)

I agree about beef in the pack, but if Oliver is evicted, we lose speed and above all a lineout operator, which would be missed when you have only Thornbury left..

So, would you plaese release Roux and Carty M.Farrell, now you have your team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    connachta wrote: »
    So, would you plaese release Roux and Carty M.Farrell, now you have your team?

Id say the chances of anyone else being released are very slim with all the squad being treated as a bubble etc.

testtech05 wrote: »
    Id say the chances of anyone else being released are very slim with all the squad being treated as a bubble etc.

Those who're released have been listed earlier, that was wishful thinking, I know.
    But it's just for 2 weeks and the list changes, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭JohnniDrama

Looks like Roux is injured. (Seems a lot more injuries in the game now than in a normal season?).

It really is going to be a rollercoaster season.

I wish I was confident about this game but I’m really not sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Looks like Roux is injured. (Seems a lot more injuries in the game now than in a normal season?).

It really is going to be a rollercoaster season.

I wish I was confident about this game but I’m really not sadly.

Is he? He has been training with Ireland this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    That's where he picked up the shoulder knock

• Advertisement

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Is he? He has been training with Ireland this week

Yep injured in camp.

Yep injured in camp.

Bad one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Tweet from Linley McKenzie

Tough week at Connacht Rugby. Academy player tests +ve 4 COVID+ only fit lock is Gavin Thornbury. Dillane + Roux (injured) with Ireland, Murray + Gallagher had surgery + Dowling still with back injury. Connacht’s Andy Friend seeks help from IRFU for possible medical joker.

Tough week at Connacht Rugby. Academy player tests +ve 4 COVID+ only fit lock is Gavin Thornbury. Dillane + Roux (injured) with Ireland, Murray + Gallagher had surgery + Dowling still with back injury. Connacht’s Andy Friend seeks help from IRFU for possible medical joker.

Fuc* :/
    Gallagher was on his way back and now backward IIRC

Tom Ahern from Munster Academy year 3?
    a bit more experienced than Murray 2.0

Fingers crossed we can secure someone that can make an impact. I know it will be slim pickings but am hopeful.

Leinster and Ulster most stocked?>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Fingers crossed we can secure someone that can make an impact. I know it will be slim pickings but am hopeful.

Leinster and Ulster most stocked?>

Ross Moloney possibly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Only fair we get somebody who won't potentially be called up in the event of an injury crisis for Ireland. What is fair you ask? Scott Fardy.

Only fair we get somebody who won't potentially be called up in the event of an injury crisis for Ireland. What is fair you ask? Scott Fardy.

This joke was made before:rolleyes:

Does anybody know if more gear will be released this year ? Just looking on Elverys now and there doesn't seem to be a track top/half zip released this year. It's the one piece of gear I like to buy every year as its suitable for work, golf etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

marley45 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if more gear will be released this year ? Just looking on Elverys now and there doesn't seem to be a track top/half zip released this year. It's the one piece of gear I like to buy every year as its suitable for work, golf etc.

Ya usually more stuff filters out after first couple of months. They should have a grey puff jacket coming out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Will we get the team announcement today or tomorrow ? No update on the medical joker either although I'm sure they are working hard on it.

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Will we get the team announcement today or tomorrow ? No update on the medical joker either although I'm sure they are working hard on it.

Of course, you have had an update on the medical joker from Leinster.

But of course for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Connacht should probably aim for Dunne at leinster

Connacht should probably aim for Dunne at leinster

Dunne is on the bench

He will be for 2 months, with Ryan and Baird out.
    He won't be loaned...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    marley45 wrote: »

And wooly hats. Need a new one

Good team overall.

Papali'i n°8 to add beef

Connacht: John Porch, Sammy Arnold, Tom Farrell, Tom Daly, Alex Wootton, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade, Denis Buckley, Shane Delahunt, Jack Aungier, Eoghan Masterson, Gavin Thornbury, Paul Boyle, Jarrad Butler (Capt), Abraham Papali’i
    Replacements: Jonny Murphy, Paddy McAllister, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Cian Prendergast, Conor Oliver, Colm Reilly, Peter Robb, Tiernan O’Halloran

Interesting to see Arnold on the wing too.

Was curious to imagine this, and it happens

TOH back could be decisive in the end

• Advertisement

15. Jack Blain (1)

14. Eroni Sau (11)
    13. James Johnstone (51)
    12. Chris Dean (93)
    11. Jamie Farndale (8)

10. Jaco van der Walt (60)
    9. Nic Groom (14) CAPTAIN

1. Pierre Schoeman (46)