Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

I'm just saying that you can't judge someone from a few clips on a highlights package. Like yourself I've been to a fair few Eagles and club games over the past few years and I wouldn't hugely rate either tbh. Sean O'Brien would probably be grand as 5th/6th choice centre, de Buitléar isn't ready for senior rugby unless he can improve his defence.

Exactly my point if he’s not ready for senior rugby at 23 after being given & paid to be in the academy for 4 years then I think there comes a point where the ROI has to be looked at and that’s the business of pro sport, harsh probably but the reality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Matt Healy and Niyi Adeolakun were not considered able to get a pro contract at 23, 3 years later they made a summer tour with Ireland in South Africa
    Thin margins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Wegians,
    That's what I celebrate too
    I'm often pointing the lack a ball-carrying abilities, this time it was different, I enjoyed it!!!

https://www.the42.ie/connacht-collisions-andy-friend-5300764-Dec2020/?utm_source=shortlink

Is it a reason to celebrate? Connacht over the season so far have shown every aspect of being a great team in bursts but haven’t backed it up with consistency. It’s great that the squad have it in their locker but show it more often, there’s the makings of a very good side here and I really like what friend is doing.

The Friend Zone
    No sign of roux, thornbury or dowling in the pictures from training. Ben o donnell looked to take part in training though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Wegians89 wrote: »
    No sign of roux, thornbury or dowling in the pictures from training. Ben o donnell looked to take part in training though

Seen that. Not good news but they may just not have been in the photos.

• Advertisement

Can't like this except the end we knew for a few weeks...

Sean Masterson is on a pitch, even with a sweater, at least it should be less awaful than the video has shown...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

Where did you see the training pictures?

Radradra out for Bris this week again.
    Pfeew!

Roux/Thournbury/Dowling could be in but training separately waiting for a final PCR negative test...
    Let's be hopeful

The Friend Zone
    lenny4545 wrote: »
    Where did you see the training pictures?

Inpho sport

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Radradra out for Bris this week again.
    Pfeew!

Roux/Thournbury/Dowling could be in but training separately waiting for a final PCR negative test...
    Let's be hopeful

Delighted Radradra is out, bad enough missing the opportunity to get to an away match at racing but missing seeing Radradra strut his stuff on a December evening in Galway would have been another big thing on my rugby bucket list missed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Zzippy wrote: »

Very very good 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I missed the fan zone thing the other night, but watched it back and it's worth a look. The way they do reviews is very interesting. Surprised they shared the red penalty bandit list!

The Friend Zone
    Dowling starting for the eagles.

15. Oran McNulty
    14. Diarmuid Kilgallen
    13. Shane Jennings
    12. Sean O’Brien
    11. Colm de Buitlear
    10. Conor Fitzgerald
    9. Colm Reilly
    1. Matthew Burke
    2. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy
    4. Oisin Dowling
    5. Darragh Murray
    6. Ciaran Booth
    7. Oisin McCormack
    8. Donncha Byrne
    Replacements from: Declan Adamson, Charlie Ward, Conor Kenny, Cormac Daly, Joshua Dunne, Stephen Kerins, Cathal Forde, Peter Sullivan, Conor Dunne, Hubert Costello, Eoin de Buitlear, Hubert Gilvarry, Matthew Devine, Rory McClane.

Looks a strong team on paper, would be expecting a win. Would like to get to see that back row playing

15. Oran McNulty
    14. Diarmuid Kilgallen
    13. Shane Jennings
    12. Sean O’Brien
    11. Colm de Buitlear
    10. Conor Fitzgerald
    9. Colm Reilly
    1. Matthew Burke
    2. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    4. Oisin Dowling
    5. Darragh Murray
    6. Ciaran Booth
    7. Oisin McCormack
    8. Donncha Byrne
    Replacements from: Declan Adamson, Charlie Ward, Conor Kenny, Cormac Daly, Joshua Dunne, Stephen Kerins, Cathal Forde, Peter Sullivan, Conor Dunne, Hubert Costello, Eoin de Buitlear, Hubert Gilvarry, Matthew Devine, Rory McClane.

Looks a strong team on paper, would be expecting a win. Would like to get to see that back row playing

Sullivan and no-McAllister may mean Padday and Healy are in the 23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Sullivan and no-McAllister may mean Padday and Healy are in the 23

Duggan isnt there either so not a certainty but likely.

I find it interest Conor Fitz is on eagles duty, clearly a lot of faith in Daly to cover ten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

15. Oran McNulty
    14. Diarmuid Kilgallen
    13. Shane Jennings
    12. Sean O’Brien
    11. Colm de Buitlear
    10. Conor Fitzgerald
    9. Colm Reilly
    1. Matthew Burke
    2. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    4. Oisin Dowling
    5. Darragh Murray
    6. Ciaran Booth
    7. Oisin McCormack
    8. Donncha Byrne

Ulster beat Munster comfortably enough so could be a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

15. Oran McNulty
    14. Diarmuid Kilgallen
    13. Shane Jennings
    12. Sean O’Brien
    11. Colm de Buitlear
    10. Conor Fitzgerald
    9. Colm Reilly
    1. Matthew Burke
    2. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    4. Oisin Dowling
    5. Darragh Murray
    6. Ciaran Booth
    7. Oisin McCormack
    8. Donncha Byrne

Is that Conor Dunne from Tullamore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Is that Conor Dunne from Tullamore?

presumably.

• Advertisement

15. John Porch (25)
    14. Alex Wootton (8)
    13. Sammy Arnold (8)
    12. Bundee Aki (104)
    11. Matt Healy (140)
    10. Jack Carty (145)
    9. Kieran Marmion (171)
    1. Denis Buckley (186)
    2. Dave Heffernan (133)
    3. Finlay Bealham (145)
    4. Eoghan Masterson (98)
    5. Ultan Dillane (102)
    6. Sean Masterson (6)
    7. Conor Oliver (8)
    8. Paul Boyle (46) (C)
    Replacements
    16. Shane Delahunt (84)
    17. Jordan Duggan (4)
    18. Jack Aungier (8)
    19. Cian Prendergast (3)
    20. Jarrad Butler (63)
    21. Caolin Blade (116)
    22. Tom Daly (32)
    23. Tiernan O’Halloran (185)

Competitive Bristol team named for Sunday. Hughes, Sinckler & Earl included. Niyi on the bench.

Glad to see Sean Masterson wasn't seriously hurt. Conor Oliver starting ahead of the club captain after a huge game last week is a big statement to the squad that form will be rewarded. Maybe Butler isn't 100% but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Could be playing with fire with only 1.5 second rows in the team, especially after the shift Ultan put in last week. Would be a big ask for him to do another 80. Who fills in if need be? Prendergast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Could be playing with fire with only 1.5 second rows in the team, especially after the shift Ultan put in last week. Would be a big ask for him to do another 80. Who fills in if need be? Prendergast?

Yeah Prendergast into the row. Even though he played well last week first thing he said to Friendy was he needs to bulk up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Eagles drew 19-19 with Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Some interesting selections in that team. And I don't see it as a bad thing. It's good to remind players that their positions are not a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Have to say Eoghan Masterson has worked his bollocks off as a stopgap in second row.

If we can tidy the lineouts up from last week we've a super shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Mul, it's over
    Forgive me if this has been covered before but is there a way if streaming the Conn games abroad? I esp miss TG4 coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

You've got a Friend in me
    PCeeeee wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been covered before but is there a way if streaming the Conn games abroad? I esp miss TG4 coverage.

depending on the country, RugbyPass should have you covered. i’d enquire before signing up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement