Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Zzippy wrote: »
    AFAIK Australia only selects overseas-based players with a minimum of 60 caps. Basically players have to establish themselves in the national team and play for a number of years before they will be considered eligible. If they head off for a bigger paycheck before then, sayonara...
    Yeah its 60 caps. Godwin hasnt a hope of a call up. Good player but 1 cap and not type player to break that rule for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Godwins deserves much better than to be called up to that circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    Yeah its 60 caps. Godwin hasnt a hope of a call up. Good player but 1 cap and not type player to break that rule for.

Surely the reason he's here in the first place is because he had no chance of a call-up

Surely the reason he's here in the first place is because he had no chance of a call-up
    And that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Be very hard to win over there tomorrow night I think with unfamiliar partnerships in the half backs and centre.

I presume the Perpignan team is much closer to the first XV than last week. The death of the club legend last week and desperation for a first win will make them very tough I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Be very hard to win over there tomorrow night I think with unfamiliar partnerships in the half backs and centre.

I presume the Perpignan team is much closer to the first XV than last week. The death of the club legend last week and desperation for a first win will make them very tough I reckon.

We don't really care. I'd take a good defeat with good playing patterns for an experimental team, rather than ugly win with two more injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Jack Carty tweeted while back that none of his gear, kicking tees or boots have made it to France. Hope that doesnt mess too much with prep for game

that's good news for some :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I have been looking for a stream. I heard that last week's game was live on EPCR website.
    Fingers crossed, something will appear here around KO time.
    https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/latest-video/live-matches/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I have been looking for a stream. I heard that last week's game was live on EPCR website.
    Fingers crossed, something will appear here around KO time.
    https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/latest-video/live-matches/

It was live on the EPCR site and was excellent quality. No commentary obviously but you can hear the ref and it shows replays. I mirrored it from my phone to my tv no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Any stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Is the match online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

No luck! We are 8 points down so I think I'll just go and watch the Ulster match

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

No luck! We are 8 points down so I think I'll just go and watch the Ulster match
    8-14 now - plenty of updates on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    vienne86 wrote: »
    8-14 now - plenty were rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mul, it's over
    Winning 19-8 now, SOB with his second try. 5 minutes left in first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

not the ideal start to second half
    18-22 after 47 mins

Mul, it's over
    15 up with ten to go. Bonus point win, good evenings work.

The Friend Zone
    Kelleher and healy with tries. Bonus point got and looks like a win now with only ten minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Red card for USAP and connacht have two trys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Jaysus sounds like crazy stuff, 8 points down to 14 points up to 1 point game and the Healy and Kelleher go and score another 2 about 2 mins apart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Me personally: I like winning matches while scoring 5 tries and would like to see it more often if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Agen beating Grenoble is good for Connacht in our hunt for one of the best 3 runner up spots

The Friend Zone
    Hope there’s some highlights, apparently some of the Connacht try’s were good

Mul, it's over
    I presume the new champions cup rules about highest remaining seeds having home advantage for the semi final equally apply to Challenge Cup? Bit of a sickener it’s happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    I presume the new champions cup rules about highest remaining seeds having home advantage for the semi final equally apply to Challenge Cup? Bit of a sickener it’s happening this year

I didn't see that rule change. It sounds like bull****.
    Seeding is based on last years form.
    After 7 games the matches played this year should determine home advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That's exactly what it is

The highest placed team from the pool stages gets the home semi.

I would assume it is.
    It isnt anything to do with seeding based on last season.
    it is seeding from the group stage for the quarters/semis

Mul, it's over
    That's exactly what it is

The highest placed team from the pool stages gets the home semi.

Ah, right. I thought you meant initial sending from the start of the competition.

If that's the case - it's the first rule change to European rugby that I agree with in over 5 years.

They are however being consistent in managing to ensure Connacht get on the wrong end of the deal :D:D

Mul, it's over
    They apply to Challenge Cup too.
    https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/format/rules/

Only hope for home semi is being best runner up and therefore ranked no.6 winning away quarter, and hoping seed 7 wins away to seed 2. So a long shot to say the least.

Depending on context in league at the time, could maybe field first XV or close it for knockout stages but has to be of secondary importance generally.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    They apply to Challenge Cup too.
    https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/format/rules/

Only hope for home semi is being best runner up and therefore ranked no.6 winning away quarter, and hoping seed 7 wins away to seed 2. So a long shot to say the least.

Depending on context in league at the time, could maybe field first XV or close it for knockout stages but has to be of secondary importance generally.

Or Bordeaux do us a favour...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement