Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Or Bordeaux do us a favour...

That would be great. But unlikely given Sale beat them by twenty six in France last week. Expect Sale to get 5 points from that and Perpignan at home handily enough. So looks like Connacht can be sixth seed at best

Mul, it's over
    Paddy Jackson was apparently booed off by Perpignan supporters. According to Galway bay fm commentary he had started alright but faded out of the game
    fairly badly. Presume that and his rumoured move to London Irish next season the source of the booing. Poor form by Perpignan supporters though.

Mul, it's over
    https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1073699275861868544?s=21

Hadn’t actually realised he was out injured. Had thought he just wasn’t getting a look in. Great to see him back doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

ClanofLams wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1073699275861868544?s=21

Hadn’t actually realised he was out injured. Had thought he just wasn’t getting a look in. Great to see him back doing well.

1) Butler
    2) Fainga'a
    3) Masterson
    4) Connolly
    5) Boyle

That's a sickener to release at least one of those guys, and have two of them not starting at 7 weeks after weeks...
    I get why Heenan lelt all in all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Paddy Jackson was apparently booed off by Perpignan supporters. According to Galway bay fm commentary he had started alright but faded out of the game
    fairly badly. Presume that and his rumoured move to London Irish next season the source of the booing. Poor form by Perpignan supporters though.

I suppose a Perpignan fan might argue that loyalty is a two-way street.

They were the only club willing to take a chance on Jackson. Things haven't panned out for them, that much is obvious, but for that player to be planning his exit with six months of the season still to play (and apparently doing a rubbish job of keeping it quiet)? You can see how it might irk them as they're being spanked at home by the Connacht second string.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    I suppose a Perpignan fan might argue that loyalty is a two-way street.

They were the only club willing to take a chance on Jackson. Things haven't panned out for them, that much is obvious, but for that player to be planning his exit with six months of the season still to play (and apparently doing a rubbish job of keeping it quiet)? You can see how it might irk them as they're being spanked at home by the Connacht second string.

Fair points. I'm not a fan of supporters booing their own players but it is more understandable with that context I guess.

We shouldn't be carried away about this one. Conceeded 3 tries in the 1st 10 min of each half. Déja-vu there for Connacht

But as I said IMO result doesn't matter, only confidence boost, and in the area a perfect thing happened : only 3 yesterday are very likely to start next week, and that's our try-scorers Healy, Kelleher and SOB. A fourth has a chance to start (33/33/33 margin call between hookers), and it's the double try-scorer Heffernan! So 100% as I wished for Interpros preparation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

7-7 at ht in AJ Bell Stadium. Not getting any hopes up but might be near harm to keep an eye on it.

Mul, it's over
    7-7 at ht in AJ Bell Stadium. Not getting any hopes up but might be near harm to keep an eye on it.

Red card for Sale and Bordeaux lead 14-7. Definitely worth keeping an eye on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    14-17. 57 mins. Bordeaux still lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Bordeaux up by 3.
    Play in sales half two minutes to go

Mul, it's over
    All over Bordeaux win!

Nice one!

BORDEAUX YOU RASCALS!!! 17-14 defeat for Sale in AJ Bell. Huge result.

I couldn't stand watching the twitter feed.

Un-Be-Lie-Va-Ble. Miracles happen.

Yeahhhsterday BP was massive in all account

Or Bordeaux do us a favour...

Yesterday posted 21:41. Insane. But right. :eek:

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »

Some shout! Hope he had a few euro on

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »

At 33/1 I am sorry I didn't have a sneaky tenner on it. :D

The connachta pursuit of Adam Byrne is about to see a few more hop on the bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    The connachta pursuit of Adam Byrne is about to see a few more hop on the bandwagon.

Or the end of it? Starting and doing well in champions cup for Leinster surely would end any chance of him leaving

Yeah he's great. But same profile as Kelleher, not the best defender. Connacht already have Niyi and Healy too with these specifications.
    I'd have a bigger profile in the kind of Solomona or Nadolo, to balance it a bit. And NO I have never ever said Dave Kearney :P. McFadden for a year, though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Or the end of it? Starting and doing well in champions cup for Leinster surely would end any chance of him leaving

When McFadden, Tomane, Barry Daly and the Kearney brothers are back available, Byrne may yet find himself back in the A team. He'll need to back up tonight's performance again in the next few weeks.

Mul, it's over
    What do you get if you cross the West of Ireland with the Leinster Acadamy?

Connauught Rugby!

That's right kids, it's BUILD UP WEEK.

What do you get if you cross the West of Ireland with the Leinster Acadamy?

Connauught Rugby!

That's right kids, it's BUILD UP WEEK.

What's wrapped in blue but made entirely of chocolate? Leinster's centres :pac:

Mul, it's over
    Connacht have been ready for Christmas since October when they left the RDS with their three...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Connaught have been ready for Christmas since October when they left the RDS with their three...
    Get it right if you really want to wind them up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

*ponders the merits of banning Venjur and stephen_n for 5 days, just for sh1ts n giggles...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

So who's coming up to the big schmoke to go to Brown Thomas/Arnotts/civilisation and see your lads get a shellacking?

The Friend Zone
    If Leinster make a good few changes I think it could be a very merry Christmas for us in the west. Connacht will only be making changes that improve the team, on a real high after South Africa. On a good winning run that covers all sorts of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Wegians89 wrote: »
    If Leinster make a good few changes I think it could be a very merry Christmas for us in the west. Connacht will only be making changes that improve the team, on a real high after South Africa. On a good winning run that covers all sorts of weather.

I think Leinster will go 75% against Connacht and send the kids down to Thomond.

Here's my prediction:

1. Byrne.
    2. Cronin.
    3. Porter.
    4. Fardy.
    5. Ryan.
    6. Ruddock.
    7. Penny.
    8. Conan.
    9. McGrath.
    10. Byrne.
    11. Kearney.
    12. O'Loughlin.
    13. Reid.
    14. Byrne.
    15. Kearney.
    16. Tracey.
    17. Dooley.
    18. Bent.
    19. Kearney.
    20. Doris.
    21. Jamison Gibson Park.
    22. Frawley.
    23. Keenan.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    troyzer wrote: »
    I think Leinster will go 75% against Connacht and send the kids down to Thomond.

Here's my prediction:

1. Byrne.
    2. Cronin.
    3. Porter.
    4. Fardy.
    5. Ryan.
    6. Ruddock.
    7. Penny.
    8. Conan.
    9. McGrath.
    10. Byrne.
    11. Kearney.
    12. O'Loughlin.
    13. Reid.
    14. Byrne.
    15. Kearney.
    16. Tracey.
    17. Dooley.
    18. Bent.
    19. Kearney.
    20. Doris.
    21. Jamison Gibson Park.
    22. Frawley.
    23. Keenan.

If that was the team I’ll be on the train up to Dublin with a few beers on hand. A team Connacht could beat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement