Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Ospreys 20-11 Cardiff full time score. Could cut Cardiff off from the pack if Connacht can beat them in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Ospreys are cat!
    I don't know how they are winning games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sportsgriund regulars: what time do gates tend to open?:) can’t seem to find for tonight!
    Virtually all games are two hours though bigger games will open earlier. Same with Thomond/RDS etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sometimes 90 minutes. Pop in Murtys for a hot one if you're too early. 5 minute walk each way.

Good stuff!
    Cheers!

I know thomond is 2, but never ventured west before!

Thanks lads!

Good game tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    SOB walking round with his arm in a sling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Buckley out McCabe starting Burke on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Buckley out McCabe starting Burke on the bench

Well I just got a lot more pessimistic....

McCabe been going well I suppose but Buckley a huge loss. Will be some achievement if they can beat Munster without him, SOB, Butler, Marmion, Godwin, Aki., TOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

BrokenMan wrote: »
    SOB walking round with his arm in a sling

Not good news. He has been in super form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Annoying to have gone into this game so understrength with Munster pretty much fully loaded. Beginning to show the longer the game goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Not going to comment on the match thread as it's descended into the usual ****e...

The inevitable result from the team selection there, very badly misplayed that, not to take anything from the lads who started because they gave it absolutely everything but if there was a full strength Connacht side out there there was every chance of winning.

For what feels like the 20th time: maul defence needs sorting as an absolute priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chex LeMeneux

As I said in the match thread fair result, but really impressive given the squads. Does anyone know are teams on the same points separated by head to head or points difference, cause we're level with Ospreys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Very, Very good BP for Connacht Eagles+ vs Munster main!!!!!!!
    Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

As I said in the match thread fair result, but really impressive given the squads. Does anyone know are teams on the same points separated by head to head or points difference, cause we're level with Ospreys now.
    number of Matches won then points difference, then number of tries scored then number of points scored

Same old story.

Annoying at this stage.

We're not good enough to play in the play offs anyway so best we can hope we for is to qualify for CC.

Mul, it's over
    Same old story.

Annoying at this stage.

We're not good enough to play in the play offs anyway so best we can hope we for is to qualify for CC.

That’s an incredibly negative outlook. Add Buckley SOB Butler Marmion (even though Blade going very well too but he would be coming off bench instead of Lloyd) Aki Godwin TOH Niyi and Connacht have a very strong side. Obviously never going to have everyone available but those are six starters and quality experienced players (Godwin Niyi) coming off the bench.

Also I would be very confident Connacht will be in playoffs. Definitely favorites to make top three in my book.

Same old story.

Annoying at this stage.

We missed 6-7 of our main XV
    We're clearly good enough to play Champions cup. Hope we'll make it to, whatever way we get to acheive this!

Mul, it's over
    Key turning point me was for penalty given away five metres from Munster line at 17-14. Munster deserved win but would have been interesting to see what happened with another score there. Too many turnovers, Beirne POM and co are always gonna get their share but SOB and Butler would have helped in that regard.

Carty and Farrell were sensational. Darragh Leader very solid too. Beaten up front more than anywhere else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

Same old story.

Annoying at this stage.

**** off Gilberto

ClanofLams wrote: »

Carty and Farrell were sensational. Darragh Leader very solid too. Beaten up front more than anywhere else really.

Yeah 110%!
    Carty nailed Ireland 4th choice jersey on IMO tonight. Grand!
    Same, Farrell is now the main threat for the other Farrell/Addison. He's one and a half injury from Japan.

And Leader is back from what we expected 3-4 years ago. A pure 15, TOH will finally have real competition here!

Boyle could play RWC 2023 if all goes well

Daly is raw in defence but promising IMO. Reminds me shade of Dave McSharry!

And Fainga'a, again and again, proves to be a good signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭spurshero

Lebute wrote: »
    **** off Gilberto

Some posters best ignored . Espiciallly very negative ones that never have anything good to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tobdom

All things considered, relatively satisfied with the LBP. Agree with above Carty, but in particular Tom Farrell were outstanding. Thought Tom Daly didn't look too out of place and it's impressive to be able to slot into an already disjointed team selection and hold his own as he did.

Completely disagree regarding playoffs, we're more than fit for them and we're improving, defence being the main obvious concern. Optimistic for the rest of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Same old story.

Annoying at this stage.

Very pessimistic indeed. That was more or less full strength Munster. They had Lions coming off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Key turning point me was for penalty given away five metres from Munster line at 17-14. Munster deserved win but would have been interesting to see what happened with another score there. Too many turnovers, Beirne POM and co are always gonna get their share but SOB and Butler would have helped in that regard.

It was a brilliant spot by the red tbf, but a stupid infringement by Fa'ainga who otherwise had another very good game
    It really swung momentum

Munster were so smart with their territory game and targeting of certain rucks and then not contesting others and adding extra bodies to their defence.
    Tom Farrell is having a cracking season - his try was hilarious
    Thought Dillane was immense when he came on
    I'm also loving Leader at FB - wouldn't mind seeing TOH have a go on the wing when he's back fit.

Dillane is a beast, ahead of Roux who conceeded 2 pens in the 1st 15 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

connachta wrote:
    Dillane is a beast, ahead of Roux who conceeded 2 pens in the 1st 15 minutes...

Funny enough was talking about this last week. I thought to date that Roux was having a great season and one of the big deltas was significant reduction in penalties....
    For any statisticians out there. I guessed the Roux has had more time in the bin in the last few years than any other Connacht player, anywhere to check this?
    Btw, I'm not having a go at him at all, I think he is having a great season....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Speaking of penalties we seem to be getting pinged a lot for pulling down mauls and taking line out jumpers in the air. Two big work on’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Key turning point me was for penalty given away five metres from Munster line at 17-14.

Faingaa must have been watching Troy Nathan's exploits against Leinster a few years back when he got away it. Silly move and I'd he should get a bollocking over it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

cardiff (a) - week before 6N starts
    cheetahs (h)
    glasgow (a)
    ospreys (h)
    treviso (h) - week after 6N ends
    zebre (a)
    cardiff (h)
    munster (a)

I dunno if Connacht are good enough to make the top 3 but the table won't lie at the end of the season if they do or dont. They've games against their direct competition for a top 3 spot still to play.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    cardiff (a) - week before 6N starts
    cheetahs (h)
    glasgow (a)
    ospreys (h)
    treviso (h) - week after 6N ends
    zebre (a)
    cardiff (h)
    munster (a)

I dunno if Connacht are good enough to make the top 3 but the table won't lie at the end of the season if they do or dont. They've games against their direct competition for a top 3 spot still to play.

My target is 21 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    They should win most of these matches. But, it's up to Connacht to perform. Bonus points minimum against Zebre and the saffer team. Glasgow are struggling a bit, may be a chance for a win there too.
    I think they can do it, injuries prevailing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement