Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Masterson is a very intelligent player who communicates well and does a lot of the right things, the problem is that he lacks the necessary physicality at this level ever since the injury. Makes a lot of soak tackles, not a carrier, not particularly aggressive at the breakdown, not a jackal threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Who would you say is better, Carty or Ross Byrne?

Blur or Oasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Again no Copeland?
    Great chance for Connolly. He's a good 7. Hope he pushes on and makes a stake for the 7 jersey.
    Godwin is very versatile. A very good signing.
    I think Connacht should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Mul, it's over
    Any idea if tomorrow's match will be televised/streamed, or will it be a Galway Bay FM job for those of us unable to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Dubinusa wrote: »
    Again no Copeland?
    Great chance for Connolly. He's a good 7. Hope he pushes on and makes a stake for the 7 jersey.

I think Copeland could be injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any idea if tomorrow's match will be televised/streamed, or will it be a Galway Bay FM job for those of us unable to go?
    challenge cup isnt televised.
    will be radio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

challenge cup isnt televised.
    will be radio

They did stream one of the home games on the EPCR site but we were only told about it about an hour before hand. So there is a possibility this could happen again but don't count on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    ionapaul wrote: »

Unless it's streamed on the Challenge cup website it will be Galway Bay only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    I think Copeland could be injured.

Nothing official but I think he is too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Again no Copeland?

Connolly has been excellent every time he has played. He has Butler and Fainga'a ahead of him though which makes it difficult for him to get any game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Will there be any TV coverage of the latter stages of the Challenge Cup?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Masterson is a very intelligent player who communicates well and does a lot of the right things, the problem is that he lacks the necessary physicality at this level ever since the injury. Makes a lot of soak tackles, not a carrier, not particularly aggressive at the breakdown, not a jackal threat.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Crazy that the Challenge Cup isn't being televised.
    That game could be a cracker. Sale are a great attacking side...expect tries galore.

Surprised tg4 didn't look to cover Connacht's games.

Even if they were streamed on youtube. I presume there are cameras at the games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Will there be any TV coverage of the latter stages of the Challenge Cup?
    Dont think it will be. Possibly highlights but dont think anything has been announced yet
    Crazy that the Challenge Cup isn't being televised.
    That game could be a cracker. Sale are a great attacking side...expect tries galore.

Surprised tg4 didn't look to cover Connacht's games.

Even if they were streamed on youtube. I presume there are cameras at the games anyway.
    There will be cameras. Always is as sides record games for own purposes and then theres other cameras there as well.
    Depends on if the rights were available within Ireland/UK. Would be great if TG4 could get irish only coverage for challenge cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Will be difficult to have the 4-0 or 5-1 split we need.
    But a really good test to have a clear POV where Connacht stand. 90% of our main, vs 90% of a upper-middle table Premiership team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I agree

If you put Masterson’s brain into Copeland’s body you’d have a 100 cap international.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Dont think it will be. Possibly highlights but dont think anything has been announced yet

There will be cameras. Always is as sides record games for own purposes and then theres other cameras there as well.
    Depends on if the rights were available within Ireland/UK. Would be great if TG4 could get irish only coverage for challenge cup.
    I think it will be streamed here. Possibly.

https://www.epcrugby.com/challenge-cup/latest-video/live-streams/round-5-live-matches/connacht-rugby-v-sale-sharks/

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    eezipc wrote: »

If I could thank your post twice I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Legend!! Thanks soooo much for that, I 'm unable to get to the game the weekend, and thought I'd get it on BT sport or Eir, was gutted to see its not televised. My 5 mins of depression has just lifted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Massive game. 2 good teams, probably the closest to the Champions Cup in this competition, above Bristol vs La Rochelle. Live tv.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

If you put Masterson’s brain into Copeland’s body you’d have a 100 cap international.

Masterson was terrible for Ireland u20s last year, he’s not even from Connacht he’s a reject from Leinster, you know your province is doing bad when you think someone like Masterson has intellegiance to the game, there’s much better backrows than him, I don’t even think he’s pro standard

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Masterson was terrible for Ireland u20s last year, he’s not even from Connacht he’s a reject from Leinster, you know your province is doing bad when you think someone like Masterson has intellegiance to the game, there’s much better backrows than him, I don’t even think he’s pro standard

Yes And as a 25 year old he should really be doing better at u 20 level

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Oh I thought you were talking about Sean Masterson, Ireland u20 last year, you should be more clear on which players you are talking about instead of only naming their surname, Masterson is a common name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

Given everyone is talking about Eoghan Masterson and not Sean, I reckon you should be quiet for a while.

Pathetic comment on a 21 year old by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

Oh I thought you were talking about Sean Masterson, Ireland u20 last year, you should be more clear on which players you are talking about instead of only naming their surname, Masterson is a common name

You should follow the entire thread is the solution actually

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    The person ye are quoting is the same one who thinks Jack Carty is from Leinster, for a bit of context on the wall ye are banging your heads against.

I've that typed into the browser on my lg tv so hopefully should have it on the telly tomorrow.

I've that typed into the browser on my lg tv so hopefully should have it on the telly tomorrow.

Can be mirrored from your phone to the tv with excellent quality too.

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Can be mirrored from your phone to the tv with excellent quality too.

But you can't use the phone then can you?

• Advertisement

But you can't use the phone then can you?

No unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement