Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Pretty sure the semis in the challenge cup are at clubs home grounds. Used to be the case anyway. And I believe was also the case last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the semis in the challenge cup are at clubs home grounds. Used to be the case anyway. And I believe was also the case last year

You are correct. I was mistaken.
    Although, we would probably have capacity issues.
    2.4 The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:

Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
    Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
    Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
    Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:

Semi-final 1: winner QF1 v winner QF2
    Semi-final 2: winner QF3 v winner QF4

The semi-final matches will be played at home venues, and the highest-ranked clubs from the pool stage will have home venue advantage in their respective semi-final matches:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Lineouts in the opposition 22 really needs to be sorted out also the maul attacking or defending has been a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Kerins back. We should fully rest Blade for Cardiff.

McGrath is clearly out for the begining of 6N

If Cooney's struggling too with his back, we could well have both Marmion and Blade on Irish duties in February. Angus Llyod and Kerins have to step up quickly! To provide solutions behind Mitchell!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

connachta wrote: »
    Kerins back. We should fully rest Blade for Cardiff.

McGrath is clearly out for the begining of 6N

If Cooney's struggling too with his back, we could well have both Marmion and Blade on Irish duties in February. Angus Llyod and Kerins have to step up quickly! To provide solutions behind Mitchell!

Blade, Carty and Farrell will be training with the irish squad a lot this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Mul, it's over
    Yeah great to go up the field and earn a penalty after wasps went ahead late on.
    I was in line with that pass myself and it looked flat. Those around me seemed to be sceptical about it being called forward too but either way I'm not complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

My girlfriend had the exact same reaction when we came back from our first two week long holiday after getting our pug.

After seeing him in the house, she literally broke down into an uncontrollable mess.

That aside, Bundee is a great lad. All of the Irish players are great lads. POM with Jennifer after the Grand Slam win is just special.

I don't think there are any negative/selfish characters in the squad, especially now with himself out of the way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

troyzer wrote: »
    My girlfriend had the exact same reaction when we came back from our first two week long holiday after getting our pug.

After seeing him in the house, she literally broke down into an uncontrollable mess.

That aside, Bundee is a great lad. All of the Irish players are great lads. POM with Jennifer after the Grand Slam win is just special.

I don't think there are any negative/selfish characters in the squad, especially now with himself out of the way.....

Yeah. DOC was a right angry oul bollix alright... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Injury list seems to be fading. Eoin mckeon back in training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Fortunately, Lam has signed Nathan Hughes. Which means he doesn't need any of Connacht's back rows!
    I was sure he was going to sign one of Masterson or McKeon.

The Friend Zone
    Dubinusa wrote: »
    Fortunately, Lam has signed Nathan Hughes. Which means he doesn't need any of Connacht's back rows!
    I was sure he was going to sign one of Masterson or McKeon.

Masterson is under contract untill 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Anybody else praying that Blade doesn't get a call up?
    I mean he thoroughly deserves it but that's rarely stopped Joe from forgetting about Connacht players in the past.
    I'm joking of course but it would be very useful to have him around during the 6N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I mean he thoroughly deserves it but that's rarely stopped Joe from forgetting about Connacht players in the past.
    I'm joking of course but it would be very useful to have him around during the 6N

You're not meant to say that out loud!

Bury that deep down inside and say you happy for him and the national team.

All the repressed fear and regret will burst forth in a flood of tears and anguish when we concede a 97th minute try in Cardiff condemning us to 5th place in the pool.

Glory be to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Mr Tickle wrote: »

It's a net benefit for us when our players get capped/called into squads. As long as Mitchell stays fit we should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If McAllister can get his fitness right and stay injury free, that's a very solid signing. I'm surprised Ulster weren't back in for him given their lack of props.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is he a tighthead or loose?

Zzippy wrote: »

Loosehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Zzippy wrote: »
    Loosehead.

According to Furlo on Twitter he can play both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Did he get much game time at Gloucester?

Redo91 wrote: »

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player-16224.html

b.gud wrote: »
    According to Furlo on Twitter he can play both

Hasn't started a game at tighthead since a ProD2 game in February 2015, from what I can make out that was his only start at 3 in his professional career.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Redo91 wrote: »

Before his injury problems, yes. This season and last, no. He has had some significant injury issues in his career both in Ulster and Gloucester. I imagine Gloucester just cut their losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Happy we're increasing the depth at prop, but that must mean someone is leaving. Hopefully he can get over being a sicknote. That is either down to him or the S&C coaching team

The Friend Zone
    evil_seed wrote: »
    Happy we're increasing the depth at prop, but that must mean someone is leaving. Hopefully he can get over being a sicknote. That is either down to him or the S&C coaching team

Reports that Carey is off to Worcester and I believe there's interest in Buckley from abroad

The Friend Zone
    Decent signing if it’s just for depth. If it’s too replace Buckley wouldn’t be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Phew!!! Dooley is safe for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Ah lads Buckley isn't going is he?! 😪

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Dubinusa wrote: »
    Phew!!! Dooley is safe for now!

I’d say ulster are looking at him extra keenly now