Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    I’d say ulster are looking at him extra keenly now

Damn the torpedoes!!!!
    Ulster will be a real tough side over the next couple of years.
    Like Connacht they are putting together a strong squad and they have cut away a lot of excess baggage.
    First time in years that the management seem to have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Is Robb injured? He seems to have vanished. I can't recall the last time I saw him play?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

Mul, it's over
    Dubinusa wrote: »
    Is Robb injured? He seems to have vanished. I can't recall the last time I saw him play?

Reported in IT that he was injured and due back in January. Has played once this season I think with Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Everdene wrote: »
    Reported in IT that he was injured and due back in January. Has played once this season I think with Eagles.

Re injured after a few games for the eagles. One of the reasons Daly was brought in on loan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

His contract is not being renewed i heard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Phew!!! Dooley is safe for now!

Not if Buckley goes. I've huge hopes in Dooley. I wouldn't be unhappy to have him propelled straight as n°1, McAllister giving hm decent competion, McCabe as luxury cover and Burke in injuries case.

But of course, if Denis stays, very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

connachta wrote: »
    Phew!!! Dooley is safe for now!

Not if Buckley goes. I've huge hopes in Dooley. I wouldn't be unhappy to have him propelled straight as n°1, McAllister giving hm decent competion, McCabe as luxury cover and Burke in injuries case.

But of course, if Denis stays, very good

Parasites the lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Whatever about this being a good depth signing and some backup/competition for McCabe if Denis was to leave (I really hope he doesn't but would be hard to hold a grudge against him when he cant get a look in with Ireland) I would really hope we would sign someone as a 1st choice loose head in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Heard from someone who is generally reliable that Buckley will be around next season. Will be massive boost if right.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Heard from someone who is generally reliable that Buckley will be around next season. Will be massive boost if right.

Would be delighted if true. He could get a look in internationally if Andy Farrell wants to shake things up after the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Would be delighted if true. He could get a look in internationally if Andy Farrell wants to shake things up after the World Cup

I fully expect Buckley to be with us next year especially the with the trajectory we are going under Andy - now if we had another season like last I could understand.
    Be under no illusions McAllister is not his replacement - not with his injury profile - its a depth signing with presumably McCabe also been retained. We will have 3 experienced looseheads and Matthew Burke. I heard Conan O'Donnell is moving back to the tight head side.

The Friend Zone
    Lebute wrote: »
    I fully expect Buckley to be with us next year especially the with the trajectory we are going under Andy - now if we had another season like last I could understand.
    Be under no illusions McAllister is not his replacement - not with his injury profile - its a depth signing with presumably McCabe also been retained. We will have 3 experienced looseheads and Matthew Burke. I heard Conan O'Donnell is moving back to the tight head side.

I’d agree with if Buckley went McAllister wouldn’t be the replacement, you’d reall think a big signing would be needed to replace Buckley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Bundee was up in the sports clinic in Santry yesterday afternoon. I hope he hasn’t picked up an injury

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    Bundee was up in the sports clinic in Santry yesterday afternoon. I hope he hasn’t picked up an injury

Craggy rugby were saying he didn’t look right after the match at the weekend, I hadn’t noticed him myself

He's meeting Leo and doing a medical for his Leinster contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

troyzer wrote: »
    He's meeting Leo and doing a medical for his Leinster contract.

Banned for unoriginality.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Banned for unoriginality.

It's still really funny.

In all seriousness though, hope he's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    troyzer wrote: »
    It's still really funny.

No it really isn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over

Have you done your GDPR training?:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Have you done your GDPR training?:D:D
    GDPR doesn't apply if the information is disclosed for the purposes of a rugby player earning a coin e.g. one's most closely and sincerely guarded medical information may only come forth at sponsors gigs or for the purposes of negotiating a contract if it's in your favour.

Or so I'm reliably legally advised by non-lawyers with confused notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Only uncapped players in squad are Connacht players
    Tom Farrell, Caolin Blade and Jack Carty have been included in Ireland’s Six Nations squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Mul, it's over
    Dillane is also in, with Roux missing out.

Delighted that Farrell and Carty got the call up
    Roux and Finlay can feel a little aggrieved. Especially Quin. He has been playing great recently

Couple of Leinster fans are fuming that Carty got in ahead of Byrne. Made my day :D
    That's not a slight on Byrne. I like him as a player, but anything that annoys Leinster fans makes me happy

And, Carty fully deserves his spot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Very happy for them all to be involved in Irish setup
    Going to be a moaning myrtle here and ask, will they be released for the Cardiff match?
    Like assuming Cooney fit, Blade along with Dillane, Carty and Farrell are unlikely to feature against England

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Couple of Leinster fans are fuming that Carty got in ahead of Byrne. Made my day :D
    That's not a slight on Byrne. I like him as a player, but anything that annoys Leinster fans makes me happy

There are?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Very happy for them all to be involved in Irish setup
    Going to be a moaning myrtle here and ask, will they be released for the Cardiff match?
    Like assuming Cooney fit, Blade along with Dillane, Carty and Farrell are unlikely to feature against England

It's a week long training camp in Portugal so I would imagine they may not even be in the country let alone available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Delighted for Carty above all. Been unreal for 2+ years.

Bit surprised about Dillane but great to see new Connacht names in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Buer wrote: »
    It's a week long training camp in Portugal so I would imagine they may not even be in the country let alone available.

Fack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement