Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Buer wrote: »
    Am I reading things wrong? If Treviso and Quins win their games tonight against weak enough French opponents they'll both be on 19 points minimum. Then Northampton host Timisoara and Brisol host Enisei which they'll both win comfortbaly.

Basically if Quins and Treviso win tonight, Connacht have to win in Bordeaux to progress (assuming Sale don't lose at home to Perpignan).

No that's right, I had it wrong. League is priority though so think team as selected is fine, Blade and Carty are available off the bench anyway. Connacht are fortunate that with the games on tonight they will know what they need to do to qualify tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Redo91 wrote: »
    Stupid set up if we can get Sale in a QF after they were in our pool.
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    Yes Quarter finals are based on seedings 1-8 based on results from group stages.

1-4 Group winners
    5 Griup winner with lowest points tally
    6-8 Three best second places.

1 plays 8. 2 plays 7 and so on.

If Connacht get a win of any kind they are through
    I think I see who devised the tournament structure...

alan-explains-the-group-system.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Wouldn't have thought Roux would be an obvious choice for captain but I suppose in the forwards it's him or Bealham. O'Halloran has done it before but I prefer it to be a forward myself, or possibly one of the half backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought Roux would be an obvious choice for captain but I suppose in the forwards it's him or Bealham. O'Halloran has done it before but I prefer it to be a forward myself, or possibly one of the half backs.

If McKeon hadn't been injured most of the season I'd say he'd be in the conversation about captaincy

Mul, it's over
    If McKeon hadn't been injured most of the season I'd say he'd be in the conversation about captaincy

Yeah McKeon would probably be a good about alright, had kind skimmed over him starting to be honest. Hope he goes well, a lot of his best showings have come at 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Way I see it..
    Win with 5 – away to Sale
    Win with 4 – away to Clermount
    Loose – Out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Just have off the ball on they are previewing the leinster, Munster, Ulster games not a word about connacht

Mul, it's over
    Just have off the ball on they are previewing the leinster, Munster, Ulster games not a word about connacht

The 42 rugby podcast did a bit on last weeks game, only media I have heard that did. Gerry Thornley on second captains was talking about the rise of Tom Farrell from last season when he was playing in Bedford, seen Ruaidhri O’Connor said the same recently.

Seriously, they have four provinces to cover and Farrell was one of the best players for one of those provinces last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    The 42 rugby podcast did a bit on last weeks game, only media I have heard that did. Gerry Thornley on second captains was talking about the rise of Tom Farrell from last season when he was playing in Bedford, seen Gavin Cummiskey said the same recently.

Seriously, they have four provinces to cover and Farrell was one of the best players for one of those provinces last season. Cummiskey in particular is a Leinster fan with a laptop.

Noticed this too about Farrell. Really annoying, some thought Farrell was playing well enough to get a call up this time last year.

The other thing that came across on the media was that Tom Farrell’s break through game was against Munster, as if it was the only good game he had

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Treviso and Quins winning 27-7 and 19-7 at half time, respectively.

Looking like it's win or they're out for Connacht at this point. Hopefully tonight is indicative of how the French teams are going to treat this match.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Buer wrote: »
    Treviso and Quins winning 27-7 and 19-7 at half time, respectively.

Looking like it's win or they're out for Connacht at this point. Hopefully tonight is indicative of how the French teams are going to treat this match.

Yep, barring a miracle where Bristol lose to Enisei at home without a bonus point a win tomorrow is now required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Looks like Northampton will break 100 in their game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

And there it is. Surely there are better teams that can qualify for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not to be an arse here but Copeland has been a disastrous signing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Not to be an arse here but Copeland has been a disastrous signing so far.

He’s had a few injuries to be fair and also the form of others such as Boyle and OBrien hasn’t helped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    I don't follow the underage circles too closely I'll admit but would it be next year Connacht should be expecting a bit more representation with the Irish u20's? After the u19 (I think) success earlier this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Game is being streamed on the Connacht website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

macslash wrote: »
    I don't follow the underage circles too closely I'll admit but would it be next year Connacht should be expecting a bit more representation with the Irish u20's? After the u19 (I think) success earlier this season?

Our u18s won the clubs interpros. Our 19s weren’t great, lost every game. We had three guys on the Ireland u19 team that played Australia in December.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Game is being streamed on the Connacht website

Tis the same stream/site, just embedded on the Connacht site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Is there a dedicated commentary stream from Galway bay fm?
    I can't find one on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Is there a dedicated commentary stream from Galway bay fm?
    I can't find one on the site.

I could only get the one that seems to be switching in and out from the hurling. I assume when hurling is over will be dedicated to rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    If I’m right, if Murphy comes on he will be the 52nd player Connacht have used this season. Brilliant depth being built.

Mul, it's over
    Nice back line move results in try for Matt Healy. Lot of first phase tries this season. Nigel Carolans u20s used to get similar scores so reckon Friend is allowing him a bit more freedom than Keane did.

Mul, it's over
    Second try from Quinn Roux. Had a couple of big carries so - fired up as captain or missing Ire squad or both. 12-3

Some Like It TOH
    Couple of poor lineouts again already

Some Like It TOH
    Lovely try for toh

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

Is this on anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

griffinlee wrote: »
    Is this on anywhere?

scroll up:cool: