Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Didn't get to watch the match cuz I was working. How did Kerins and Murphy get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Kerins was raw but very decent. I'd keep him for next years...
    Murphy did not played enough to be judged...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

You've got a Friend in me
    Could anyone please help with the quiz question, who is Connacht's all time drop goal record holder?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

connachta wrote: »
    Kerins was raw but very decent. I'd keep him for next years...
    Murphy did not played enough to be judged...

How has it taken him 3 seasons to get a cap.,.. is he far behind Mitchell? Will he be selected ahead of Lloydd next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    hysenberg wrote: »
    Could anyone please help with the quiz question, who is Connacht's all time drop goal record holder?

That was a hard one alright. They hinted at Miah Nikora in one episode. Mark Mchugh would be my guess but don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

At an absolute guess I’d say Elwood, I vaguely remember he was decent at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    That was a hard one alright. They hinted at Miah Nikora in one episode. Mark Mchugh would be my guess but don’t know.

Paul Warwick?

ClanofLams wrote: »

Thanks, so many options

Keatley must surely be in with a shout given his points tally, Elwood, McHugh, Nikora, Warwick too

Parks?

Lebute wrote: »
    How has it taken him 3 seasons to get a cap.,.. is he far behind Mitchell? Will he be selected ahead of Lloydd next weekend?

Marmion might play, doesn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's Dan Parks.

Interestingly, if Tim Donnelly had played more than a few games, it may well have been him. Had 4 drop goals in 11 caps. Parks tops the list with 8 in 39 caps.

Buer wrote: »
    It's Dan Parks.

Interestingly, if Tim Donnelly had played more than a few games, it may well have been him. Had 4 drop goals in 11 caps. Parks tops the list with 8 in 39 caps.

Thanks!

Funnily enough, ruled him out cause I thought Parks missed most of his attempts.

Is there a list?

hysenberg wrote: »
    Thanks!

Funnily enough, ruled him out cause I thought Parks missed most of his attempts.

Is there a list?

No, you just have to be a sad pr*ck and go through all the Connacht goalkickers of the last 18 years on the Pro14 website.

I was right. Holy day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No, you just have to be a sad pr*ck and go through all the Connacht goalkickers of the last 18 years on the Pro14 website.

I don't say this often (well, except in a PM to someone who's been banned) but you really really need to get a life! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

That's a good start but the previous poster didn't give the full question its the leading drop goal kicker in all competitions not just the Pro14 so there's more fun research for you to do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is that the Craggy Rugby quiz? Parks was my guess too. Only here 2/3 seasons but he loved a DG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is that the Craggy Rugby quiz? Parks was my guess too. Only here 2/3 seasons but he loved a DG.

b.gud wrote: »
    That's a good start but the previous poster didn't give the full question its the leading drop goal kicker in all competitions not just the Pro14 so there's more fun research for you to do ;)

Sounds like my afternoon schedule just got filled.

Redo91 wrote: »

Yeah, the Craggy Rugby quiz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Has Gatland named his squad? I'm just wondering what kind of team will Cardiff have available to them?

edit: it was in the 6N thread. The Cardiff players are:
    FW:Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies , Josh Navidi, Josh Turnbull,
    BK:Tomos Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Jarrod Evans,

Not a massive list

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Navidi is always someone who seems to play well against us so glad to see him called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    They won't be in Portugal for warm weather training though so could be made available to Cardiff at short notice:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    With all the backrow injuries in Wales I'd keep them all wrapped in cottonwool if I was Gatland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

With all the backrow injuries in Wales I'd keep them all wrapped in cottonwool if I was Gatland

Agreed. can someone pass this on to Warren?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Henderson is out of the Ireland Squad

Thornbury could be next in line for a call up.
    Surely not to Portugal though.

Henderson is out of the Ireland Squad

Thornbury could be next in line for a call up.
    Surely not to Portugal though.

So we have more representation in the Ireland squad than Ulster at the moment

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Great and all as it is to have so many players in the squad, we've gone from a situation where we could expect to do well during the 6N, to one where we'll possibly be struggling in certain positions. Down to Cannon/Thornbury/Gallagher now at lock, and if Thornbury is gone we're really struggling. If Marmion is still out and Blade gone it's just Mitchell/Kerins at 9 - big step down in experience. First choice midfield gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Zzippy wrote: »
    Great and all as it is to have so many players in the squad, we've gone from a situation where we could expect to do well during the 6N, to one where we'll possibly be struggling in certain positions. Down to Cannon/Thornbury/Gallagher now at lock, and if Thornbury is gone we're really struggling. If Marmion is still out and Blade gone it's just Mitchell/Kerins at 9 - big step down in experience. First choice midfield gone too.

This is how Leinster ALWAYS feels.

We literally have three back row players left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    troyzer wrote: »
    This is how Leinster ALWAYS feels.

We literally have three back row players left.

But ye are also 20 points clear in your conference so no one is going to shed any tears

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement