Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Half backs have been awful. Getting zero direction from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    What was Mitchell at

He was a bit slow but for me Healy had to stay out I think Mitchell just about had Williams covered.

Either way we are miles off the pace. So disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Is it just Mitchell and Horowitz or are there other players making a balls if this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    I know people mean well and are backing our own but we don't deserve Heineken Cup rugby with lads like Horwitz and Mitchell as regulars. That's harsh but this is professional sport and they're stealing a living.

They’re not regulars. Mitchell is only our 3rd choice sh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I know people mean well and are backing our own but we don't deserve Heineken Cup rugby with lads like Horwitz and Mitchell as regulars. That's harsh but this is professional sport and they're stealing a living.

They're not regulars. They are playing because the first/second choice in their position are injured/away on Ireland duty.

The only good thing about that long stoppage is it gives Butler a chance to light a fire under a few arses. We need a bit of leadership here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Teams consistently going offside this year is really annoying me. The lack of officiating it is sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Is it just Mitchell and Horowitz or are there other players making a balls if this?

Seems to be the plan.

Blues down to 13 and Connacht did nothing to add width. Just one out runners into heavy traffic. Made it too easy to defend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Godwin looking exciting when ball gets out to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

KBurke85 wrote: »
    They’re not regulars. Mitchell is only our 3rd choice sh
    Zzippy wrote: »
    They're not regulars. They are playing because the first/second choice in their position are injured/away on Ireland duty.
    Fair point on Mitchell but Horwitz since recovering from injury has comfortably been our replacement OH of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    The half backs are offering nothing so far, a few players throwing stupid off loads to no one. Feel if the half backs can get to grips with the level, the game could still be there for the taking. Cardiff’s discipline could throw Connacht a life line.

• Advertisement

Never seen a side make such bad use of 2 yellow cards to the opposition.

Never looked like scoring and the opposition actually scored a try.

Mul, it's over
    Never seen a side make such bad use of 2 yellow cards to the opposition.

Never looked like scoring and the opposition actually scored a try.

Wales v Aus in 2015 world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

One of the few positives of that 30 mins:
    Cillian Gallagher doesn't look out of place at all

Some Like It TOH
    I think at this stage of we get to half time in touch with this wind and a stern talking to at halftime. Maybe we can salvage something.

Soon as Mitchell went to snipe there I knew he would turn it over. Support couldn’t get there in time.

Some Like It TOH
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    One of the few positives of that 30 mins:
    Cillian Gallagher doesn't look out of place at all

Been a bright spot for us definitely.

Brutal attempt at a snipe by Mitchell there had 0 support. Lucky to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

All the talk of us having depth these days being put to bed by Horwitz and Mitchell today. No business playing at this level.

testtech05 wrote: »
    I think at this stage of we get to half time in touch with this wind and a stern talking to at halftime. Maybe we can salvage something.

Wind looks like it’s picking up too.

The Friend Zone
    To be fair to Mitchell and Horwitz, they haven’t looked terrible when playing beside marmo, blade or carty. Certainly being exposed today though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fair point on Mitchell but Horwitz since recovering from injury has comfortably been our replacement OH of choice

Ronaldson is injured.

• Advertisement

Some Like It TOH
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    To be fair to Mitchell and Horwitz, they haven’t looked terrible when playing beside marmo, blade or carty. Certainly being exposed today though

Mitchell seems to be very slow. Presentihaent great but he's been caught a couple of times at the base looking around him to see what's happening.

Either way made it to half time hopefully we can use the wind 2nd half.

The Friend Zone
    He’s pretty raw but throwing Conor fitz on soon might do no harm from what I’ve seen of him I think he’s more of a controlling ten than the “flashy” Horwitz

Dreadful stuff. That try might prove very important. Would strongly fancy us at 3-0 down with that wind. 8-0 leaves it up in the air.

Friend needs to give them a bit of a rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Defence was actually decent for the half bar the try. Brutal going forward. Would be tempted to throw Conor Fitzgerald in at half time. The wind does look like it’s worth ten but Connacht will need to be far better for it to make much difference.

Mul, it's over
    Dreadful stuff. That try might prove very important. Would strongly fancy us at 3-0 down with that wind. 8-0 leaves it up in the air.

Friend needs to give them a bit of a rocket.

That wind is far more then 8 points wind. It defo picked up quite a bit in last 10 minutes. Connacht need a good kicking game to gain easy territory and don't give away daft penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Fancy our chances of getting a win out of this.

Cardiff will probably pick up another yellow and we should be camped in their 22 for the entire 2nd half with that wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Who is at 13 for Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Jaysus that was an abysmal 40 mins, absolutely clueless.... But with that wind and 'only' 8 down, I'd still fancy us to get something out of this, if a few lads get a swift clip around the ear in the dressing room....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Jesus this is miserable stuff. Criminal to concede that try vs 13. Consistently failing to get over the gain line and back pedalling up the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ronaldson is injured.

In fairness to Horwitz he's had a couple of decent showings. Ronaldson hasn't had that in his cap for two seasons when he's fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement