Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Zzippy wrote: »
    jaco I'd say you're a hoot to watch medical dramas with. House in particular. "That's rubbish, she clearly has Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Next episode!"

Episode 2 deals with Bone Morphogenetic proteins. Next week mutations in the ACVR1 gene. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

jaco I'd say you're a hoot to watch medical dramas with. House in particular. "That's rubbish, she clearly has Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Next episode!"

Actually it is difficult to let the past go. Not something you think about when you retire. I hated House though. For his character I would prescribe a good kick in the family jewels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

jacothelad wrote: »
    Actually it is difficult to let the past go. Not something you think about when you retire. I hated House though. For his character I would prescribe a good kick in the family jewels.

They do say that things that annoy us most in others, are reflections of ourselves.

The Friend Zone
    Going back to the conversation the last day about Niall Murray, he looks very light in the under 20s match even got that level. Getting a bit of work done though looks pretty powerful for the lack of beef. Will be a serious operator when he adds a bit of weight. Tierney looks a good prospect too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1092785143796912128?s=19

We can confirm that Conor Carey will leave the province at the end of the season to join Worcester Warriors. Best of luck in the future Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone

We can confirm that Conor Carey will leave the province at the end of the season to join Worcester Warriors. Best of luck in the future Conor.

Bit of a blow in my view, rated carey quite well although he hasnt hit the same form as last year in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I thought his peak was during the Wasp games. Never really match it since sadly. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Really solid scrummager but I always felt he wasn't great in the loose. And the odd game could pass him by a small bit.

But he never let Connacht down, I hope it all works out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Sorry to see him go. Unfortunately it will always be difficult for a team with Connacht's resources to hold on to a backup as good as Carey, which is meant as a compliment to him - he likely sees himself as too good to play second fiddle to Bealham and able to earn better money elsewhere, and he may well be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Buckley set to stay in Connacht despite interest from Ulster https://www.the42.ie/denis-buckley-connacht-ulster-contract-4479489-Feb2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

b.gud wrote: »
    Buckley set to stay in Connacht despite interest from Ulster https://www.the42.ie/denis-buckley-connacht-ulster-contract-4479489-Feb2019/

****ers will be sniffing around Leinster as well for Dooley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Good news if true, he'd be mad surely to swap us for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    troyzer wrote: »
    ****ers will be sniffing around Leinster as well for Dooley.

Would Dooley even be a loss to Leinster? He turns 25 in the summer, has only played 285 minutes this season, and will never graduate beyond a squad player. He's comfortably behind Ed Byrne in minutes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    b.gud wrote: »
    Great news. Mind you I was only worried about losing him to a club abroad. A move to Ulster would have made little sense. I’d like to think the days of the other provinces cherry picking our players are over besides (aside from examples like CK when it’s their home province).

Would Dooley even be a loss to Leinster? He turns 25 in the summer, has only played 285 minutes this season, and will never graduate beyond a squad player. He's comfortably behind Ed Byrne in minutes as well.

Probably not. It's hard to argue as a Leinster fan that he should stay put.

I'd be really happy for him if he did move to Ulster and got loads of minutes. He's certainly good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Sort of yes. I mean not really, he's generally only there for the bench during international windows, but we've only one other LH in the academy so would either need to sign cover from the AIL or have another LH in the academy next year for those scenarios where one of Byrne/Dooley/Milne gets injured

Sort of yes. I mean not really, he's generally only there for the bench during international windows, but we've only one other LH in the academy so would either need to sign cover from the AIL or have another LH in the academy next year for those scenarios where one of Byrne/Dooley/Milne gets injured

Ah come on now, we can't covet and be stingy with the reserve's reserve and then get our goat up over Carbery.

We have to save our ammo for when the other provinces pinch genuine stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Leinster thread =========>>>

Great news on Buckley, he's my first name on the teamsheet every week when fit. One we really couldn't afford to lose.

Leinster thread =========>>>

Great news on Buckley, he's my first name on the teamsheet every week when fit. One we really couldn't afford to lose.

I've heard he was getting a lot of interest from outside Ireland as well. He's probably giving up a pay bump to stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is Tom Farrell out of contract the end of this season? He must be due a pay jump as well considering he signed from the championship. If I was Connacht I'd be holding on to him for dear life.

Is Tom Farrell out of contract the end of this season? He must be due a pay jump as well considering he signed from the championship. If I was Connacht I'd be holding on to him for dear life.

He signed an extension at some point, I think it's up at the end of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Delighted to have Bucks around. Had heard some talk of Worcester and France calling so great to see that not come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

good news alright. Best uncapped player in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    good news alright. Best uncapped player in the country?

He's certainly in that conversation. Great scrummager and like having a second openside in the loose, hard to shift once he gets over the ball...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    troyzer wrote: »
    I've heard he was getting a lot of interest from outside Ireland as well. He's probably giving up a pay bump to stick around.

I think we greatly overestimate the pay that is on offer to Irish players abroad.

The English and French clubs operate to salary caps; if they're paying ridiculous money to their marquee names, that has to be balanced out elsewhere. I doubt Connacht were uncompetitive on the money front.

stephen_n wrote: »
    They do say that things that annoy us most in others, are reflections of ourselves.

I'm really sorry for you then........:D:D:D:D:D

The Friend Zone
    Great news of true, delahunt the next big one to get signed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FirstFiveEigth

The English and French clubs operate to salary caps
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Delighted for Dillane today. Thought he played excellently when he came on. Roux did well too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement