Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    When he's being dragged along the ground?

Open play, no offside line.

Wrong play you’re talking about. Blade in a strong position on ground and never called holding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    When he's being dragged along the ground?

Open play, no offside line.

About two mins before blade had clamped on the ball for 4-5 seconds and davies just looked. Different play we're talking about

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Should be a yellow card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Cmon Connacht. Had all the possession the last 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If the ref was happy with the release then that should have been a Connacht peno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TOH has been super in the second half along with Healy

The Friend Zone
    Healy wins the turnover (albeit dubiously) amd edinburgh man falls over the ball on the far side trying to win it back. Is there not an onus on that edinburgh player to roll away there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I've never been impressed with this guy the referee, makes a lot of very bad calls. He has awarded double figure penalties against Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    From where we were, good going to get the LBP. Carty has become a real general.

Need to take care of Scarlets and Leinster now and get that home form up and running for season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I've never been impressed with this guy the referee, makes a lot of very bad calls. He has awarded double figure penalties against Connacht.

A lot of them were very stupid and blatant. Thought he managed the breakdown poorly and Edinburgh played him better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH

Some of his calls really baffle me....

The Friend Zone
    LBP is about as much as we deserve but i do feel we had to work harder for any decisions.

Hopefully o'donnell learns from a tough day at the office. Mccabe definately stablised a bit.

The Friend Zone
    Also baffles me why edinburgh went back to murrayfield. So so empty

freyners wrote: »

I was in their alternative spot in 2016 and it's an absolute kip in the arsehole of the south side of Edinburgh, was still empty and had no atmosphere.

Better to have it in Murrayfield that at least makes it easier for the 600 fans to get to by train.

Cockerill calling us cheats straight out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

freyners wrote: »
    They were still keeping games in Murrayfield and they felt switching between both grounds wasnt good for them.
    Hopefully they can get plans through for developing stadium of few thousand on back pitch which would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Jesus, coach (cockerill) lhaving rant about bunch of cheats (Connacht)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

COCKerill went to town on us, big Jim had to diffuse it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Cockrill needs a slap on the wrist from the Pro14 the same way Lam got one.

What he just did was not too dissimilar to what Lam did, and he did it on live TV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

LBP is a massive acheivement vs a straight opponent for home european play-off nex spring!

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    What was said? Turned off after the result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Might be biased but how can he call Connacht cheats in a match were the ref was harsh on Connacht??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I won't complain about ref this time because Embra winger stole them 5 points with tragic handling on the tryline. so all in all, in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Do we have a clip of cockerill **** talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    This looks like a transcript of some of it:

https://twitter.com/JLyall93/status/1040708744747921409

Doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me.

Sounds like he's been waiting until they won a game to raise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FirstFiveEigth

Actually didn't think Davies had a bad game overall personally.

Most worrying for me was that our propping depth has been badly exposed, when either Buckley or Bealham are off the pitch we have no scrum. I have hope for Conan as he's still very young for a prop at this level and Carey can potentially do a job too although he doesn't seem to have the ability to go 80.

Also, IMO we were seriously lacking in ambition tonight, kicked away far too much ball in the first half, maybe that was related to the conditions but I thought we'd relish playing on such a ood surface. I also hate box-kicking to touch as an exit strategy, we always end up defending a lineout about 25 metres out rather than kicking off 10 or 12 and being on the 10 or half way instead, I just don't see the point but it seems to be in vogue among a lot of teams at the moment. Our 9s just havent the kicking game to get enough distance to make this strategy worthwhile.

On the plus side I felt when we tried to play ball in the last 20 we seemed to do reasonably well, especially out wide. We seemed to hit up the middle a bit too often for a good portion of the game and don't have dominant enough carriers to do this against the likes of Edinburgh who are seriously physical. The couple of times we ended up with penaty advantage I wish we were quicker to try a kick-pass or something too, rather than forward carries which we tried at one stage and lost the advantage from it, although credit to Jack with that pass for Niyi's try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

There is a galaxy of a difference between calling the other team cheats and calling the ref a cheat.

Did you hear the whole interview?

I'm not saying he should be reprimanded because he called Connacht cheats, I'm saying he should be reprimanded because he called into question the quality of the officials, not just in tonight's game but in the league as a whole. And he didn't do it in a subtle way that managers normally do he did it in a very blunt and direct way which reflected poorly on the league, similar to how Lams comments were intended to call into question the standard of reffing in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Evil_g wrote: »
    This looks like a transcript of some of it:

https://twitter.com/JLyall93/status/1040708744747921409

Doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me.

Sounds like he's been waiting until they won a game to raise it.

"What are the consequences for him?" He's basically called him incompetent there. Be surprised if Pro14 don't call him in for a chat.

He's a sore loser and an even worse winner. Classless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Zzippy wrote: »
    "What are the consequences for him?" He's basically called him incompetent there. Be surprised if Pro14 don't call him in for a chat.

He's a sore loser and an even worse winner. Classless.

He probably saw Davies miss the Glasgow player taking the ball behind his own try line in the Connacht game recently, another howler from the officials - even worse none of the Connacht players picked it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

He probably saw Davies miss the Glasgow player taking the ball behind his own try line in the Connacht game recently, another howler from the officials - even worse none of the Connacht players picked it up!

Pretty sure that was Whitehouse, no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement