Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

abarkie wrote: »
    Let's hope the ferry doesn't get cancelled ;)
    She's there. Cantered on the track this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

she will be 3/1 for the CH by Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

she will be 3/1 for the CH by Sunday
    Should have a zero added. Her current price is madness.

aidankkk wrote: »

Why u think so Aidan? Its not like it has much to beat

Why u think so Aidan? Its not like it has much to beat

for the champion I mean ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

for the champion I mean ..

Its due to nothing else being worth a sh1te in that division and BD getting bet, they need something to make a splash

i mean the CH too Aidan
    I fail to understand your negativity towards Laurina
    Don't get me wrong, I understand it being a relative novice at this level etc, however, I would say its the ONLY horse in the betting capable of putting it up to BD and as such, I would think a price of say 4/1 would be VERY appealing if that price on the day
    Its a very weak CH division lately
    The days of Hurrican Fly V Jezki V Our Conor are gone

i mean the CH too Aidan
    I fail to understand your negativity towards Laurina
    Don't get me wrong, I understand it being a relative novice at this level etc, however, I would say its the ONLY horse in the betting capable of putting it up to BD and as such, I would think a price of say 4/1 would be VERY appealing if that price on the day
    Its a very weak CH division lately
    The days of Hurrican Fly V Jezki V Our Conor are gone

Im never going to fancy anything at that price this far out, but she should be a longer price than Verdana Blue/Sharjah/ and Melon for sure.

I mean she has basically beaten nothing of note whatsoever. Nearly all the horses she has beaten haven't won since or haven't been seen.

That said my brother has a contact in mullins that said the last 2 years Penhill couldn't be beat ( and i ignored him), the same contact has been saying this year that Laurina is a monster and wins the CH (and well before she was her current price). Again im ignoring that this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

I have a better chance in the champion hurdle than PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Saddle up so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Black Op back hurdling with the Cleeve next up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Easy solution

Hit the lay button

No opinion from me

As long as you can do the weight.

I can't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Where’s mick jazz these days ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Where’s mick jazz these days ?

Didnt it get sold to race in USA - might be wrong

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    Didnt it get sold to race in USA - might be wrong

U thinking of clarcam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Johner wrote: »
    I fancy Elixer Du Nutz tomorrow in the Tolworth, I think it should be favourite. Looks a completely different horse this season, hopefully the ground won’t be too much of an issue.

Nice shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice shout

Battled well in the end!

Battled well in the end!

Very. Ballymore might be a better route than Supreme?

Rathhill v dissapointing.

Very. Ballymore might be a better route than Supreme?

Rathhill v dissapointing.

Tizzard said after they’d probably keep him at 2miles. Will run his race where ever he goes at Cheltenham but you’d imagine he’ll find a few too good in either race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Anyone hear anything about a Mullins horse called Passageway? Won a Punchestown bumper last April that is turning out to be a decent enough race but hasn't been seen since.

BumperD wrote: »

That Liam Vautour lad seems a good lad.........cough cough........... ;)

Dumb Irish's AP book is the biggest load of codswallop i have ever read mind!

That Liam Vault tour lad seems a good lad.........cough cough........... ;)

Dumb Irish's AP book is the biggest load of codswallop i have ever read mind!

I did laugh at that ap book, if it was real the last place he’d be is online looking for advice :)

Master Dino out for the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

1/14 on favourite Queens Cave (David Pipe) turned over at Ayr 1.25!
    Pulled up approaching last when well beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Irish trainer John McConnell has sent two to Ayr today:

3.10 Bold Emperor
    3.45 Gracemeadow

Coming down in prices, now at 5/2 and 10/3. Both second favourites. Both have Sean Bowen on board. Don't know anything else about them or their opponents, but maybe worth 1 pt singles and double.

EDIT/UPDATE
    The first came into 2/1 SP and was quite unlucky. Just edged by a 14/1 shot with little form.
    The second drifted to 8/1 SP and was well beaten into third.

Le Richbourg for the JLT
    Defil for the Arkle

Make sense???

I did laugh at that ap book, if it was real the last place he’d be is online looking for advice :)

How did your quote change my original post Bumper?!?!?!

Le Richbourg for the JLT
    Defil for the Arkle

Make sense???
    Le Richbourg was outstayed in the Drinmore over 2m4f and looked impressive over 2m at Xmas in Leop. Nothing wrong with having 2 darts at the Arkle under the same ownership

• Advertisement

There is when it means I don't know which one to back!!!!
    Unless the ground comes up good in which case I will back Lalor!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

1/14 on favourite Queens Cave (David Pipe) turned over at Ayr 1.25!
    Pulled up approaching last when well beaten.

Pipe couldnt train rain to fall.

The Mig wrote: »
    Le Richbourg was outstayed in the Drinmore over 2m4f and looked impressive over 2m at Xmas in Leop. Nothing wrong with having 2 darts at the Arkle under the same ownership

Probably whats going to happen to be fair.

Defi's loss was fairly strange though, maybe worth another go over the trip with a bit more cover.. bit of a bridle merchant perhaps.

Defi's loss was fairly strange though, maybe worth another go over the trip with a bit more cover.. bit of a bridle merchant perhaps.

That race screamed out Arkle for me
    Defil looks absolutely class again, its great to see
    The sub 2Miler is made for it I would think
    Its jumping fences like a stag

Hope not
    Cant separate them in my head !

Good ground tho and Lalor probably beats both if last time at Cheltenham is anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Anyone hear anything about a Mullins horse called Passageway? Won a Punchestown bumper last April that is turning out to be a decent enough race but hasn't been seen since.

He's dead.

He's dead.

Wickla doing his best Barbara Royle impression when she breaks the news to Dave's Ma that the Queen Mother is dead :D:D

Jocelyn...the queen mother......she's dead.............

Wickla doing his best Barbara Royle impression when she breaks the news to Dave's Ma that the Queen Mother is dead :D:D

Jocelyn...the queen mother......she's dead.............

LMAO!

I did think after I posted I was a bit blunt. Sorry, let me try again...

Sadly, he is no longer with us.

In all seriousness, he was a horse I liked too. Passageway, Rapid Escape and Hollowgraphic were three I was looking forward to that have died. Tis a b*llocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

LMAO!

In all seriousness, he was a horse I liked too. Passageway, Rapid Escape and Hollowgraphic were three I was looking forward to that have died. Tis a b*llocks.

It’s always the good ones that die and general tufto and peat the feat still get plod around after 100 races.

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe hit the front too soon and lostintraslation just grinded it out up the hill. Arkle could turn out to be a cracker of a race if all turned up compared to recent renewals.

How did your quote change my original post Bumper?!?!?!

You have me there :confused:

I didn’t change anything!

LMAO!

Sickened, my aul lad bred him. Have a full brother at home and the mare still. Still a kick in the teeth as he could have boosted the page and was potentially very good. Ah well.

Sickened, my aul lad bred him. Have a full brother at home and the mare still. Still a kick in the teeth as he could have boosted the page and was potentially very good. Ah well.

Ah gutted for ye. He broke down back in the summer. Showed a lot of promise in his bumper. Just out of curiosity, what's his brother like?

LMAO!

Hollowgraphic, he was ante post fav for the bumper 6/1 losing him was gutting

That’s rough Joher but the page will read full brother to the unbeaten passageway :)

• Advertisement

You have me there :confused:

I didn’t change anything!

Have a look back, when you quoted it went from Liam Vautour to Liam Vault Tour.....!

The Mig wrote: »
    Yeah maybe hit the front too soon and lostintraslation just grinded it out up the hill. Arkle could turn out to be a cracker of a race if all turned up compared to recent renewals.

Just looked to me like Defil needed shorter......ie....the arkle! Perfect distance for him. he is 10/1 now for it, wish to God I could trust my instinct and back him but with no NRNB I just cant yet

Same with Apples Jade, currently 6/5 or 5/4 with diff firms for the Mares. If I could be 100% certain she was gonna run in it then a double with Altior is buying money, but until it goes NRNB I cant, and you know the second it goes NRNB the odds will disappear

I wonder, if UDS runs well this weekend, and given the ryanair looks like one of the strongest races at the festival this year, might the O'Connell's be tempted to get WPM to run UDS in the Champion Chase, and if that happens, might FP go Ryanair and let UDS have a clean crack at Altior on soft ground in March.

Ah gutted for ye. He broke down back in the summer. Showed a lot of promise in his bumper. Just out of curiosity, what's his brother like?

Not half as nice as Passageway unfortunately, his half brother by Califet(just turned 4) we have looks a lovely horse. He is down with Colin Bowe and will probably run in a P2P in the second half of this year.

He bred some lovely horses in 2013, Passageway, Court Liability, Benny's Bridge and The Gunner Murphy. Court Liabilities dam got colic a few years ago and died but CL looks a nice prospect. Benny's Bridge will be a good horse when he learns to settle.

I know Joseph loves The Gunner Murphy, he looks talented but a bit ungenuine so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Samcro more than less confirmed going to take the rest of the season off. At least O Leary said he's going chasing next year regardless what happens. About bloody time and might get a decent price for the JLT or RSA for 2020 now.

Have a look back, when you quoted it went from Liam Vautour to Liam Vault Tour.....!

Ah I see it now that is weird , “wasn’t me” your honor, a glitch on the board :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement