Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem setting up a router

Options
  • 02-09-2018 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello, a friend of mine joined eir a couple of days ago and is having some difficulty getting his router connected.
    He is on a 70e (I think) per month plan to which gets him landline, mobile, and internet.

The router is a Huawei b528.

The signal light is constantly red, indicating no coverage. It stays that way until I go to the router settings and select "3g only", then it changes to blue but still won't connect properly.
    When it's set to "auto" or "4g only", it says that the profile is invalid.

Is there something I can do to fix this, some setting that I'm missing?

I'm attaching photos of the profile setup, so maybe someone can tell me if something needs changing.

Thanks in advance.

xEr8l3r.png?1

CZAxRcc.png?2

l1V2a5j.png?1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello, a friend of mine joined eir a couple of days ago and is having some difficulty getting his router connected.
    He is on a 70e (I think) per month plan to which gets him landline, mobile, and internet.

The router is a Huawei b528.

The signal light is constantly red, indicating no coverage. It stays that way until I go to the router settings and select "3g only", then it changes to blue but still won't connect properly.
    When it's set to "auto" or "4g only", it says that the profile is invalid.

Is there something I can do to fix this, some setting that I'm missing?

I'm attaching photos of the profile setup, so maybe someone can tell me if something needs changing.

Thanks in advance.

xEr8l3r.png?1

CZAxRcc.png?2

l1V2a5j.png?1
    Hi Creeping Death, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

The best people to assist you with this is our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll help you there and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement