Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall Zero Hour

Options
  • 02-09-2018 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭

Picked up the aim controller bundle with this today and played a few games tonight. It's Rainbow six siege in vr and pretty damn good.
    Anyone else get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It seems to be getting rave reviews but with there only being one game mode and it being reported as very grindy to level up has put me off giving it a go. I do have a good bit of VR content I haven't even touched yet though, so that's also a factor in not picking it up. I have the aim controller too and it was great in Farpoint, what's it like with Firewall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

It is grindy alright but to be honest, I've only played a few hours of it.
    Only thing I could afford is a muzzle brake for a gun so far.
    As far as game modes go, I can understand why they released with only one - you don't want the small enough user base to get fractured and as a result, I didn't have too much problem finding a game and a squad to fight alongside.
    I haven't played Farpoint but from what a friend tells me, the difference is that you don't have to hold the sights up to your headset to aim down them. That apparently caused some issues for him where the camera got confused between headset lights and aim controller light. In Firewall, you just raise the gun slightly and you're looking down sight.

What I will say though is that the aim controller took a bit of getting used to but when it clicked, I was running around the maps peaking corners like I do in Siege.
    There's a few settings you should probably turn off from the get-go (movement/vision vignettes, quick turn etc) and after playing it for about three hours last night, I didn't have any nausea as a result.

The gameplay itself is really enjoyable. Pretty tense stuff and not something you're going to succeed at if you just run and gun. You need to have the space to stand when playing it and with the aim controller, I've never felt more "in a game" than I ever had before. Highly recommended tbh and the best VR game I've played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sounds good. How are you finding the team tactics part of it? Are people willing to talk and cooperate or are they being childish dicks? I guess the small VR user base has an advantage there, less people to be annoying. I'm currently playing Doom VFR. But I might pick Firewall up when I'm done.

Sounds good. How are you finding the team tactics part of it? Are people willing to talk and cooperate or are they being childish dicks? I guess the small VR user base has an advantage there, less people to be annoying. I'm currently playing Doom VFR. But I might pick Firewall up when I'm done.

Only problem I'm having is when people with no English join :D
    Even then though, you can hear them trying to alert you of a flank.
    People I've met so far are all really helpful and even cycling through the cameras giving shout outs if they die first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

How are you finding the team tactics part of it? Are people willing to talk and cooperate or are they being childish dicks?.

This bit from dualshockers review has hopeful it will avoid that.

What I found even more incredible is the community that has been playing the new VR title. I would say that in about 75 percent of the games I played in there were team members communicating with each other, and not one of them mentioned my mom. In a world full toxicity in video games, it is refreshing to see random people online work together to win.

and from eurogamer

Firewall Zero Hour is, in more ways than one, a very different type of multiplayer shooter. You only need to unmute the in-game voice chat in games like PUBG and Call of Duty to understand how toxic large, online communities can be. Switch your mic on in the lobbies of a multiplayer PlayStation VR game, though, and you almost always hear people being kind to one another. It's a most welcome surprise.

Firewall Zero Hour is a brilliant example of this, and so far the lobbies of First Contact Entertainments' tactical squad-based shooter have been wonderfully pleasant. Not everyone has a mic, but those who do have been up for sharing tips and, most importantly when it comes to a game that relies on teamwork for success, communication in-game has always been spot on. There's an instant feeling of camaraderie amongst strangers here and it's something I've not really experienced since the early days of Xbox Live.

While most of the credit can probably be put down to the smaller size of the PSVR community

• Advertisement

Have a good few hours put in at this stage and find the above to be 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Thought I set this off to download off the store on Tuesday night, was barely at home yesterday.

Almost done looking forward to giving this a spin!
    I know I won’t last long in each game 😂
    But fu** it I’ll give it a decent go.

If the above is true it will be refreshing from Rec Room.
    Which I can have great fun in but some of the kids sometimes “roll eyes”!!

I've convinced 2 friends to get this today so tonight should be fun :D
    Hopefully the squad matching problems won't be too bad.

With Spider-Man out only got a chance to give this a short go last night.
    Offline against the AI but it is great fun.
    The gun getting stuck on things is amazing, tracking is really good.
    I can see how addictive it can be, as I had to drag myself out of the game.

I will be giving it a nice go today.

Anyone with a PSVR needs to get this I think, seriously sells the aim controller more then Farpoint.

coolisin wrote: »

Anyone with a PSVR needs to get this I think, seriously sells the aim controller more then Farpoint.

Couldn't agree more; this is psvrs killer app and needs to be in everyone's collection imo.
    This, Resident Evil 7 and Wipeout Omega Collection is all you need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

where would anyone recommend to pickup with the aim ?

s8n wrote: »

It's between 75 and 80 in most bricks and mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

s8n wrote: »

Decent price on amazon uk. Firewall + Aim is £60

There was plenty in Smyths in Nass last week.
    €80 for Firewall and Aim.

Thats a good price on Amazon.

Had an amazing run on this this evening over an hour had a team where we where constantly chatting.
    I’m not going to say I’m any good I performed my uses every now and then.

Great fun, my biggest issue was we stayed against the same team of people who where unreal and you couldn’t kill them.

It’s different game when you play with people talking, the amount of non talkers really can suck

Advertisement