Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

billie1b wrote: »
    No the exams we had on Friday were also attended by revenue staff for an internal Revenue EO competition, their reaults are due in November, I reckon the lady supervising the exam just forgot to mention that to everyone in the room.

Do you think they were using the same material for the internal revenue EO test?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Very happy with where I am on OOM after stage 2. It is crazy how quick the results are out and the interviews have been scheduled.

I have little time to prepare for the interview and I am completely ill-prepared also. I have never done a civil service interview and have never done a competency interview.

My clothes are too small for me and I have no shoes:D

I would love this position but I have not got myself into such a state thinking how hard this interview is going to be.

Make sure to confirm interview to the email they sent before Monday. Looks like there is only one opportunity and no rescheduling interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭weadick

She would have to apply for credit but basically as mentioned above,she needs 12 months service, if she did

6+3= she go to point 2 after 3 months
    6+6= she would start on point 2

If you carry in service do you start on that point on the scale or do you have to do twelve months probation first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Samjd wrote: »
    Do you think they were using the same material for the internal revenue EO test?

Yes they had the same exams as us

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Is anyone able to clarify the pay? 443 is the lowest listed increment. Is this the base wage plus your shift allowance?

• Advertisement

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to clarify the pay? 443 is the lowest listed increment. Is this the base wage plus your shift allowance?

Correct it will be as above +25%/16% depending on the shift pattern that was being worked

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

olly2018 wrote: »
    Correct it will be as above +25%/16% depending on the shift pattern that was being worked

Do you know if the allowance is paid on all hours worked or only on hours outside the core hours or say 8-6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Samjd wrote: »

Do you know if the allowance is paid on all hours worked or only on hours outside the core hours or say 8-6pm?

To my understanding, there is no flexi time and so all hours are your core hours, if that makes sense.

The allowance is paid in addition to your basic clerical officer salary because you dont have normal civil service terms and conditions. Yiu could say its linked to your roster cycle asuch not your hours of work.

In the booklet, the named two reasons why you wouldn't get shift work allowance: If after three years you go back into general service or if your out on sick leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

weadick wrote: »
    If you carry in service do you start on that point on the scale or do you have to do twelve months probation first?

No, you start on point. this is set out in circular 21/2004:

"(v) An officer’s incremental date may be adjusted to take account of part of a year’s service where officers
    have less than 6 years qualifying service.

For example, an officer with qualifying service of two years and three months would be given two increments on appointment. This officer would receive their
    next annual increment after nine months satisfactory service when the combination of qualifying and actual service would reach one year.

This does not affect probation or contract year regulations."

"(vi) [d] Temporary service

For the purpose of incremental progression, temporary officers in the Clerical Officer and Executive Officer grades should be treated in the same way as
    permanent officers."

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Piligrim333

Got through Stage 2 but had to turn down interview offered on Fri 25th due to changed family circumstances. Somebody else on Cork waiting list will be called-nice surprise... Best of luck all at interviews stage and job offers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Keye14

Does anyone know if there is a shift pattern for the posts in Dublin? I understand it is 24/7 but would like to know if there is a typical shift pattern available with start/finish times

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lizah22

Does anybody know when or if the second stage will be starting in Dublin

lizah22 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when or if the second stage will be starting

Hi lizah. The first batch of applicants have been called to stage 2 and interviews are scheduled. Maybe in the New Year they might do another call up to Stage 2
    Keye14 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a shift pattern for the posts in Dublin? I understand it is 24/7 but would like to know if there is a typical shift pattern available with start/finish times

I do not have specific knowledge of the patterns worked in this role. But a typical shift would work over a 4 week cycle. For example

2 Week Nights 7pm-7am
    Mon Tue Fri Sat Sun
    Wed Thur

2 Week Days 7am-7pm
    Mon Tue Fri Sat Sun
    Wed Thur

It would be very useful if they put hours and patterns in the information booklet since people may need to used public transport for commuting to Dublin so shift times and days would be important.

But also shifts can change so i can see why they would not put anything specific in the booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Apparently they are taking 60 people in Janurary for the Port, a lot for cork too. Unsure of other locations.

They won't say what the shift pattern is because they don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭weadick

Sight808 wrote: »
    Apparently they are taking 60 people in Janurary for the Port, a lot for cork too. Unsure of other locations.

They won't say what the shift pattern is because they don't know.

Love to know where you are getting this info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

I just got an invite to stage 2, which I wasn't expecting because I'm in the 400s and Wexford only. It says a lot about how many people theyr looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

lizah22 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when or if the second stage will be starting in Dublin

Just got message for stage 2. I am 320 in Dublin and 248 in Wexford. Hope you got message too.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

I got a message also which states Dublin even though i was lower number on Wexford Panel,

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Just got Stage 2 for Dublin and I was in the 700s

is the order of merit based on the number of applicants that applied before you or based upon your scores from Stage 1?

Well done all on getting the invite to stage 2. I would say from the original call up to stage 2 i would say a fair amount did not turn up to the tests, then other would have been eliminated after tests.

There could have easily been a lot of change of minds because the reality is that these positions could be 24/7 hours. Them shifts can affect a lot of things, health being the main one.

I would say there are also a lot of position they need to fill. Good luck all.

What dates are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Well done all on getting the invite to stage 2. I would say from the original call up to stage 2 i would say a fair amount did not turn up to the tests, then other would have been eliminated after tests.

There could have easily been a lot of change of minds because the reality is that these positions could be 24/7 hours. Them shifts can affect a lot of things, health being the main one.

I would say there are also a lot of position they need to fill. Good luck all.

What dates are they?

Dublin Stage 2 dates are Tuesday October 30th to Friday November 2nd

VECTRON wrote: »
    Dublin Stage 2 dates are Tuesday October 30th to Friday November 2nd

Excellent. The competition is moving at such a fast pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

VECTRON wrote: »
    Just got Stage 2 for Dublin and I was in the 700s

is the order of merit based on the number of applicants that applied before you or based upon your scores from Stage 1?

Order of merit is based on your stage 1 results. My order of merit was 104 after stage 1 and 6 after stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Good luck to all interviewing next week. Never did a competency based interview before. I understand it's just pass or fail? Anyone got any tips?

On another point is it possible for more than one person to have the same oom after stage 2? I've seen my oom quoted by someone else in this thread.

greenb wrote: »
    Good luck to all interviewing next week. Never did a competency based interview before. I understand it's just pass or fail? Anyone got any tips?

On another point is it possible for more than one person to have the same oom after stage 2? I've seen my oom quoted by someone else in this thread.

Do not think it is possible, but maybe same number in different locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    I got a message also which states Dublin even though i was lower number on Wexford Panel,

In other competitions, they call you for one test but you can reject one area and stay on the panel for the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

I am wandering this aswell as I have seen my oom mentioned aswell... they are talking about this on the other CO thread. It seems a bit confusing.

Best of luck to all that were called to stage 2.

And best of luck to all of us doing interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Got a mail too for stage 2, i was around 700 after stage 1 for Dublin.

I dont think I'll take the position if offered because its the same shift pattern in currently on and less money. I'd be willing to take the pay cut but the pattern is what i'm trying to get away from.

stecleary wrote: »
    Got a mail too for stage 2, i was around 700 after stage 1 for Dublin.

I dont think I'll take the position if offered because its the same shift pattern in currently on and less money. I'd be willing to take the pay cut but the pattern is what i'm trying to get away from.

The shift pattern is not detailed? I outlined a typical pattern earlier, but this was not representative of this position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Two people can have the same Oom from stage to stage, and the Oom changes from stage to stage but yes two people can have the same oom say you were both had an oom 100 the next person's oom is 102

Advertisement