Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Does anyone know what the shifts are in Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

I got my invite this morning to book my slot for the 2nd stage assessment in Dublin, my OOM num 514 and I only choose 1 location - Wexford.
    Anyone else in Wexford area get called up for 2nd stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the shifts are in Rosslare?

The shifts are not known for any of the positions, but I have heard 16/7 outside Dublin somewhere (do not think it is detailed in booklet). If it is 16/7 it would most like be 8hr shifts morning/evening covering the 7 days, so with a changing pattern and alternating late to earlies, or possibly fixed times but changing days.

Is it definitely Rosslare where all the Wexford positions will be located? I think there may be revenue offices in Wexford town so all the advertised positions might not all be in Rosslare.

If anyone had any more info on this, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Dalio wrote: »
    Two people can have the same Oom from stage to stage, and the Oom changes from stage to stage but yes two people can have the same oom say you were both had an oom 100 the next person's oom is 102

Strange!, so which number 100 comes after 99 if only one more job?

olly2018 wrote: »
    The shifts are not known for any of the positions, but I have heard 16/7 outside Dublin somewhere (do not think it is detailed in booklet). If it is 16/7 it would most like be 8hr shifts morning/evening covering the 7 days, so with a changing pattern and alternating late to earlies, or possibly fixed times but changing days.

Is it definitely Rosslare where all the Wexford positions will be located? I think there may be revenue offices in Wexford town so all the advertised positions might not all be in Rosslare.

If anyone had any more info on this, that would be great.

As far as I know all posts are Rosslare as it had Rosslare/Wexford as the location and that's where customs has their office. Would be great to know if it included revenue in Wexford town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Rosslare has a trade facilitation,customs and excise unit.

Wexford town has a revenue unit.

The one in rosslare has opening time 6:30 -22:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday is 6am-10am, 1:30 -4 and 6pm -9pm. Shut Sunday but this info is from 2013 so might have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Rosslare has a trade facilitation,customs and excise unit.

Wexford town has a revenue unit.

The one in rosslare has opening time 6:30 -22:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday is 6am-10am, 1:30 -4 and 6pm -9pm. Shut Sunday but this info is from 2013 so might have changed

So the one in Rosslare would have hours that would tie in with a 16/7 type shift, apart from the Sunday closure that is. I would imagine with the upcoming Brexit period the operating hours will change.

Do you think there would be staff parking in Rosslare? Also with Dublin, if the pattern in 24/7, depending on the hours, public transport would be difficult. Would there be parking in Dublin for staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy_Cork

I got the message today to book stage 2. I was in the mid 300's for a position in Cork. Stage 2 assessment dates are from Tuesday 30th October until Friday 2nd November.

Jimmy_Cork wrote: »
    I got the message today to book stage 2. I was in the mid 300's for a position in Cork. Stage 2 assessment dates are from Tuesday 30th October until Friday 2nd November.

Best of luck with Stage 2 Jimmy, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

just 3 tests for the new guys going to stage 2 first 3 in the examples do not waste time on the 4 test examples like i did best of luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Interesting article. Can see why the campaign is running at such speed.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2018/1017/1004803-brexit/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Celtic_Nomad

Anyone know when the results of the batch 1 interviews will be out? I had mine yesterday but forgot to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Anyone know when the results of the batch 1 interviews will be out? I had mine yesterday but forgot to ask.

How was it? Did they just stick to competencies? I’ll ask during mine and update here but with the speed it’s moving I doubt it will be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

How did you find it? Any tricky questions

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Celtic_Nomad

Vologda69 wrote: »
    How did you find it? Any tricky questions

I found it tough to be honest. They go through all the competencies listed in the familiarisation material so make sure you can answer all those - and fast. They move really fast with the questions and stay exactly to schedule it seems so don't have really long answers or they'll interrupt you and move on. My interview was even a few minutes early so that will tell you how exact they are with their timing.

They also throw in a lot of other standard interview questions like "what skills can you bring to the role", "How would you handle repetitive work", "what is your understanding of the role"... and so on. Standard enough stuff. I was just really nervous so did a poor job of answering them

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I found it tough to be honest. They go through all the competencies listed in the familiarisation material so make sure you can answer all those - and fast. They move really fast with the questions and stay exactly to schedule it seems so don't have really long answers or they'll interrupt you and move on. My interview was even a few minutes early so that will tell you how exact they are with their timing.

They also throw in a lot of other standard interview questions like "what skills can you bring to the role", "How would you handle repetitive work", "what is your understanding of the role"... and so on. Standard enough stuff. I was just really nervous so did a poor job of answering them

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we will all get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

I have stage 3 interview this week. Any advice welcome. 
    My feedback for others
    Stage 1 - Fine and interesting just take your time and answer from the perspective of what a manager would like to see happen.
    Stage 2 - Tricky (time constraint being the biggest challenge) practice with online free versions. 
    Stage 3 - TBC fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Sister had her interview today. They asked her what she knew of what thè job entailed And How she Would feel about searching containers in thè docks on a cold night lol. But very nice competent interviewers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yep agreed, found it very hard to get into any type of a thought flow

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

maurz wrote: »
    I got my invite this morning to book my slot for the 2nd stage assessment in Dublin, my OOM num 514 and I only choose 1 location - Wexford.
    Anyone else in Wexford area get called up for 2nd stage?

Yep I’m 445 for wex and got called last week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

I am 633 in Wexford so with any luck I might get called before Christmas . Good luck to all going to the next stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

I have my test next week in dublin. Just reading the posts lately and there is a lot of talk about competencies. Where is this information or what is it? or do they give you this information on the invitation to interview.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

DoreenB wrote: »
    I have my test next week in dublin. Just reading the posts lately and there is a lot of talk about competencies. Where is this information or what is it? or do they give you this information on the invitation to interview.

Thanks in advance

I'm also sitting the aptitude test next week,
    I would suggest practising either an aptitude or psychometric tests to get familiar with the questions and to manage your time,

There are multiple free online tests that you can practise with,

I had to complete a psychometric tests last week, it was 50 questions and I was given 15mins to complete, I managed to answer 39 in that time, but your not suppose to be able to complete the test, it's to test how you cope under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

DoreenB wrote: »

Thanks in advance

The competency of a CO are outlined on the last page of the information booklet. Public jobs use competency based interviews so knowing them are important.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Anyone getting the train up Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

So for people called for stage 2 tests next week, we haven't been sent a link yet - I haven't missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Dalio wrote: »
    So for people called for stage 2 tests next week, we haven't been sent a link yet - I haven't missed it?
    I got the message to self book about 10 days before stage 2. Did you get the request to self book?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

I got the message to self book about 10 days before stage 2. Did you get the request to self book?

Not yet! Maybe I check with PAS

neety wrote: »
    Yep I’m 445 for wex and got called last week too

I'm from Wexford, interview on Friday. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Had my interview for Wexford today it's very nerve racking.

Advertisement