Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Had my interview for Wexford today it's very nerve racking.

How did you get on overall? Usual questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Hard to tell really felt it went well but just never know. Two interviewers I had really try make you at easy.

Felt like it flowed but again maybe I am just over optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ceeceepen

Hi. I've been called to stage 2 next week. Are the real tests similar to the ones on the website? I'm overthinking everything and really messing up on the numerical one. I've found some onlie practise tests but in some of them the maths is even harder.

Real life is so much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

ceeceepen wrote: »
    Hi. I've been called to stage 2 next week. Are the real tests similar to the ones on the website? I'm overthinking everything and really messing up on the numerical one. I've found some onlie practise tests but in some of them the maths is even harder.

According to the information booklet for stage 2 they are the same format and structure although I've never sat the CO assessments before.

After you complete a timed practice, go back into the test and look over all the questions and answers. Make sure you understand what the question was asking you and how to calculate the correct answer.

On the day of the real test, work as quickly as you can but remember accuracy and precision are more important. You're being test on your ability to work under pressure just as much as your math skills.

They don't want someone who finishes the test if half their answers are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

ceeceepen wrote: »

The verbal and checking test are the same (obviously different questions but same lay out )

Numerical is the same lay out but tougher then the practice one they send you. SHL was the practice site I used and while not as hard as the real test it gave me a good idea of how to break down the questions.

They give you time to go through practice questions during the exam. And from what I remember a lot of the numerical ones I had were "core maths" percentages,ratios and fractions.

And best of luck if I can get through it trust me most can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Did anyone who has already interviewed, get an indication of how long you would have to wait for a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

greenb wrote: »
    Did anyone who has already interviewed, get an indication of how long you would have to wait for a result?

I don't think anybody got an indication in that regard from what I heard. Those estimations can be very unreliable too. But at the rate the process has been going so far I would be surprised if people heard quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

JKerova1 wrote: »
    I don't think anybody got an indication in that regard from what I heard. Those estimations can be very unreliable too. But at the rate the process has been going so far I would be surprised if people heard quite quickly.

Looks like they are trying to fill positions quickly so hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

For those that have been interviewed.
    Do I need to fill out the Garda vetting & health declaration prior to going to interview or do I hand it to them blank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

dwasol wrote: »
    For those that have been interviewed.
    Do I need to fill out the Garda vetting & health declaration prior to going to interview or do I hand it to them blank ?

Fill out the parts that are required other then the bits marked for public jobs only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

greenb wrote: »

I had interview today and he said to keep an eye on my message board over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rodger4

Does anybody know if the Dublin vacancies are just for the Port or are they for the airport as well? It does not specify in the information booklet. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Rodger4 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the Dublin vacancies are just for the Port or are they for the airport as well? It does not specify in the information booklet. TIA

Airport,port and somewhere else as well. No idea how it will be allocated

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Hi all, any tips for the aptitude test this week. It's not a scientific calculator is it and with regard to the timing, is there a clock or an on screen count down or up to yourself. First time doing one of these so quite nervous. Is the location difficult to find?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

guys for those that did the interview stage 3 was that held in Dublin also Im worried about getting the day off from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

guys for those that did the interview stage 3 was that held in Dublin also Im worried about getting the day off from work!

Yes, had my interview on Thursday, they are held in the public appointment office on Abbey Street, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Yes, had my interview on Thursday, they are held in the public appointment office on Abbey Street, Dublin.

Did they give any indication about the training involved or tell you anything about the job that wasnt in the information booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    Hi all, any tips for the aptitude test this week. It's not a scientific calculator is it and with regard to the timing, is there a clock or an on screen count down or up to yourself. First time doing one of these so quite nervous. Is the location difficult to find?

They supply calculator to you. Not a scientific calculator. It's the jervis stop on the Luas. Easy to find right at stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Thanks for the info. Best of luck to everyone this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

Dalio wrote: »
    They supply calculator to you. Not a scientific calculator. It's the jervis stop on the Luas. Easy to find right at stop.

Hello, thanks for this. I am heading up from Cork tomorrow via train so hadn't a clue where to go. Appreciate it. Good luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

HI, I wonder how many there are bringing up from Cork this week. I know someone going up who is around 220......

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

nickidd wrote: »
    HI, I wonder how many there are bringing up from Cork this week. I know someone going up who is around 220......

Yes, im mid 200's and I think I did hear someone also got called and he was around early 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Ok I'm up tomorrow for the tests. I have a few questions?

So do you do verbal and numeracy in one sitting and then error checking? All three in one sitting?

With the error checking you have to attempt at least 22 and get 22 correct - accuracy as important as how many done.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Dalio wrote: »
    Ok I'm up tomorrow for the tests. I have a few questions?

So do you do verbal and numeracy in one sitting and then error checking? All three in one sitting?

With the error checking you have to attempt at least 22 and get 22 correct - accuracy as important as how many done.

All three in one sitting. Verbal is ok. Dont get bogged down on the numerical, as there are a few tricky ones. The Checking section is the tightest for time. An Average of 15 seconds to check 5 pieces of data in each question. If you get even one of the 5 wrong, then you get the whole question wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

How long are you in for stage 2? Thanks

CZ 453 wrote: »
    How long are you in for stage 2? Thanks

My sister was in for a 9.00am session and was all done by 10.35.

Just to advise all going to stage 2 tests at the moment. The order of merit you got in stage one will change after the tests. So you may have an oom of 95 after stage 1 and find that you have an oom of 15 after stage 2 (or vice versa) depending on how well you do in the assessments. Also note that you need a minimum of 10 numerical questions correct to pass (not 7 or 8 as some have suggested).

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I wonder will those who were interviewed last week find out this week if they passed the interview stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

thanks for this information/tips. I'm heading up tomorrow for 11am. spent the afternoon doing the sample tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Did they give any indication about the training involved or tell you anything about the job that wasnt in the information booklet?

Hey, not really to be honest. As usual with public job interviews they're never very clear on the particulars.

Advertisement