Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

maurz wrote: »
    thanks for this information/tips. I'm heading up tomorrow for 11am. spent the afternoon doing the sample tests

Best of luck, mine is 11 tomorrow, I would appreciate if you could let me know what it was like. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Just finished the aptitude test

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be,

Forgot to bring a passport photo, but had photo id with me, which they took a copy of

3 sets of questions

Read paragraph and answer questions.
    Numeracy (20 mins for 21 questions)
    Error checking (8 mins for 48 questions, completed about half of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Just finished the aptitude test

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be,

Forgot to bring a passport photo, but had photo id with me, which they took a copy of

3 sets of questions

Read paragraph and answer questions.
    Numeracy (20 mins for 21 questions)
    Error checking (8 mins for 48 questions, completed about half of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Results expected for stage 2 end of November early December. The EUROPEAN summit is mid December for a deal on Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Anyone hear back after interviews yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Anyone hear back after interviews yet?

Nope assuming it will be awhile yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Nope assuming it will be awhile yet.

Probably next week with the bank holiday, eagerly awaiting it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

revenent wrote: »
    Probably next week with the bank holiday, eagerly awaiting it though!

Yes hopefully sooner rather than later. Suspense is driving me mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    Best of luck, mine is 11 tomorrow, I would appreciate if you could let me know what it was like. Fingers crossed

I found it ok, There's 3 tests...Verbal, Numerical & Checking for Errors. Verbal l found OK, some were short passages, others little longer (2 paragraphs, the numerical wasn't as bad as l expected. For me l felt l might've spent too long on 1 of the numerical questions, l feel l got more done in the 3rd test. Stay calm don't get too worked up over it. You'll be grand. Very Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Just got a message to say I made it through interviews and placed 2nd in order of merit.
    Not really sure what that means (the 2nd in order bit) but now it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

madonna123 wrote: »
    Just got a message to say I made it through interviews and placed 2nd in order of merit.
    Not really sure what that means (the 2nd in order bit) but now it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens.

It means you are number 2 in your location. You've almost certainly got a job. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Interview results out. Anyone know how many of these jobs are in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I got through too but I'm v dissapointed with my order of merit place, only in the 50's for Cork. Dropped down a lot from my position after the aptitude tests. I suppose I'm out of the running now. Thought the interview went well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

weadick wrote: »
    I got through too but I'm v dissapointed with my order of merit place, only in the 50's for Cork. Dropped down a lot from my position after the aptitude tests. I suppose I'm out of the running now. Thought the interview went well too.

Same, I was OOM 3 for two of the regions and I've dropped down to mid 50's. Thought it was just a pass or fail interview.

Same, I was OOM 2 for two of the regions and I've dropped down to mid 50's. Thought it was just a pass or fail interview.

Very frustrating. Wonder what chance we have of getting a position now?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Dropped from 6 to 28 on mine.

Being honest I would be surprised if everyone in batch 1 isn't called at some stage.

Thought it was just a pass or fail interview.

Me too, dropped from top 5 in Dublin after tests to 70s after interview! Was really hoping to be offered one of the jobs starting in January. Guess that's not going to happen now.

olly2018 wrote: »
    Strange that everyone seems to have dropped after interview. Is there anyone out there that improved.

Thought i had a pretty strong interview also. Ah well, that has taken the wind out of my sails. Maybe i need to investigate other options.

Wonder did they give preference to people already in revenue. This used to be an internal competition so it's possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Got results. Very disappointed is understatement. Dropped from top 10 on both to 50's on one and 100's on other.

I was chuffed i only needed pass or fail on interview but seems not.

Don't even know how you could have even dropped to hundreds, they didnt even seem to be interviewing hundreds of people in the first batch! Its very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillo1888

I dropped a couple of places in both locations. I still think that everyone in the first batch will be offered a place.

• Advertisement

Something funny going on i think. Has there ever been competitions before where the interview affected the OOM?

Or is this a new thing?

Either way I am so disappointed after the efforts for the aptitude tests etc.

Yeah I'm sure there has but I've never heard of so many people dropping places, usually peoples oom actually improves with people dropping out/failing interview etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

I passed the interview. Placed 34 on the order of merit for Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fluffybender

I dropped from 75 to 9 in dublin which was a big surprise but delighted

Just a question of waiting now I suppose. If they are interviewing for batch two now then surely those of us in batch one have some sort of chance of getting a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

My wife went from 140 (stage 2) to 37 after interview for Co Dublin. Does anybody know when majority of batch 1 will start working? Also, how long does vetting take?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

I wonder how many were interviewed in them 6 days? A question of waiting now, but i do not think i will be starting January. Maybe next summer depending on Brexit.

I guess at least 200 people. Lets say that interview took place from 9am - 4pm (with an hour lunch break). This gives 6 hrs for interviewing a day, which means 12 people (interveiw took 30 minutes). I think there were 3 panels doign interview each day. 12*3*6=216

This is my rough calculation. My wife was OOM 140 after test and was interviewed last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

There’s 400 places to be filled, they’re taking them in batches of twenty for training, the internal revenue batch are staring training in a couple of days, they also renewed a new internal competition because they didn’t get enough going through for the first batch.

Anybody else who rose significantly after interview (we'll done by the way) have some specific work experience in import/export. Freight forwarding for example?

How many are being taken on in Dublin in January, between port and airport?

weadick wrote: »
    I find it odd that the order of merit changes again after interview. I dropped from 6 to 34 very disappointed, thought interview had gone well.

• Advertisement

I think everyone that dropped after the interview feels that way. I would have liked if they stated on the familiarization material that the interview will be scored and will affect placing.

I went in there thinking pass or fail.

Either way I felt i could not have done much better in the interview so I am left scratching my head, especially since I was expecting a pass mail and OOM unchanged.

I feel exactly the same, I assumed it was pass/fail. Will be interesting to see the breakdown of the scores when we get them

Advertisement