Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

It actually did say on my familarisation document it was a competitive interview. I assumed the OOM would change.

For something that's meant to be open and transparent I could not be more confused ha.

My only solace is they are sitting another batch of tests yesterday and today. So they obviously are of the opinion they don't have the required numbers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Not neccessarily, your order of merit changes after the interview too. A lot of people on here have gone from top 5 down to 100's after interview.

And the person did their interview? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

billie1b wrote: »
    There’s 400 places to be filled, they’re taking them in batches of twenty for training, the internal revenue batch are staring training in a couple of days, they also renewed a new internal competition because they didn’t get enough going through for the first batch.

The first internal revenue batch is nearly finished training.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

CZ 453 wrote: »
    And the person did their interview? No?
    I thought it read through to the interviews. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fluffybender

So anyone any idea what happens from here if your high enough on the list after interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

So anyone any idea what happens from here if your high enough on the list after interview?

As it says on email you go into security clearance then you may get called off the panel! Hopefully clearance goes as quick as rest of process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Will I Is

greenb wrote: »
    Anybody else who rose significantly after interview (we'll done by the way) have some specific work experience in import/export. Freight forwarding for example?

How many are being taken on in Dublin in January, between port and airport?

A lot of applicants have degrees/masters. The internal competition is way undersubscribed. It's not just the shift work - but the fact that they would be consigned to large warehouse facilities, wading through parcels/packages all day long. These recruits won't be the front face of customs, and it will be anything but glamorous. Best advice is to just treat it as a stepping stone - stick it out for a year, and then look for a move to audit or some other Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

How many times does your OOM change then?? I have a ridiculously low OOM of 633 for Wexford and I assumed I wouldnt have a prayer of even been called to stage 2 ..... if by some miracle that happens does the OOM change after the tests also or just after the interview? In other words does everyone who does stage 2 get called for interview and then at that stage they get a new OOM?? Its hard to fully grasp this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

How many times does your OOM change then?? I have a ridiculously low OOM of 633 for Wexford and I assumed I wouldnt have a prayer of even been called to stage 2 ..... if by some miracle that happens does the OOM change after the tests also or just after the interview? In other words does everyone who does stage 2 get called for interview and then at that stage they get a new OOM?? Its hard to fully grasp this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Had Stage 2 this morning was a disaster for me i doubt ill be going forward,

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Daisy_32 wrote: »

Stage 1 you receive an OOM
    Stage 2 you receive a new OOM
    Stage 3 you receive a new OOM

I went from 111 to 6 to 34

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Had Stage 2 this morning was a disaster for me i doubt ill be going forward,

In

Don't doubt yourself, you'll be fine

Did anyone receive a breakdown of their score? It said in the !message we'd get them. It will be interesting to see where we went wrong

olly2018 wrote: »
    This is my question regarding issuing new OOM after interview. If you are 633 what is to say you cannot be 200 after stage 2 and 8 afterview.

So how can they issue final OOM to different groups at different times?

Because those that did interviews are batch 1 the ones now doing tests are batch 2.

My understanding is batch 1 must be placed before they start batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Placed 5 in OOM for Cork. Up from 25. Happy enough with that. Anybody have any experience as to what's next?

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Placed 5 in OOM for Cork. Up from 25. Happy enough with that. Anybody have any experience as to what's next?

Congrats and I assume you wait for the phone call. Yep more waiting.

What I would love to know is if the interdepartmental has joined our OOM after interview or are they still running different .

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Daisy_32 wrote: »
    How many times does your OOM change then?? I have a ridiculously low OOM of 633 for Wexford and I assumed I wouldn't have a prayer of even been called to stage 2 ..... if by some miracle that happens does the OOM change after the tests also or just after the interview? In other words does everyone who does stage 2 get called for interview and then at that stage they get a new OOM?? Its hard to fully grasp this ...

Yes, it is complicated and hard to grasp. The first oom gets you placed in a Batch I'm not sure how many per batch for this competition (l think the normal CO it's about 500/600) so your first OOM places you in a batch number. Not everyone passes stage 2 which changes your OOM and so don't go on to stage 3. After stage 2, you get a new OOM. To confuse things more if you are in batch 2/3/4 ... you'll get a totally new Oom because your new batch starts at 1 again - so you could be Batch 2 OOM 70. Then after stage three, some people fail the interview, you'll get a new OOM but within your batch number. People from Batch 2 don't get placed until all of batch 1 have been placed or turned down a post. Then as Batch 2 is progressing Batch 3 goes through the process, but often the next batch is completing stage 2 or 3 when others are being placed. So your OOM changes often and this forum will be confusing while some who are in different batches, stages and have different OOMs.:) Sorry it begins to make sense later in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Will I Is

Gorman700 wrote: »

You'll be invited to complete online e-vetting form - takes about a week to get garda clearance. You'll get an offer in Jan - called to training for a week. Fitted out with navy combats (large/small/medium). I heard the small is big fitting and the medium is large fitting? As regards the interview, Customs put a lot of emphasis on suitability in terms of team work, flexibility, and generally easy to get on with. That's why the interview carries so much weight. Everyone placed in batch 1 will get the gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Will I Is wrote: »
    Everyone placed in batch 1 will get the gig..

Thanks!......Any idea (estimate) of roughly how many will actually get places starting January in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

You'll be invited to complete online e-vetting form - takes about a week to get garda clearance. You'll get an offer in Jan - called to training for a week. Fitted out with navy combats (large/small/medium). I heard the small is big fitting and the medium is large fitting? As regards the interview, Customs put a lot of emphasis on suitability in terms of team work, flexibility, and generally easy to get on with. That's why the interview carries so much weight. Everyone placed in batch 1 will get the gig..

Cheers, you're obviously in the know to an extent. The offer won't come through in advance you reckon no? I can see the logic of the whole competition for sure. Also, I can see the arguments about the OOM system.

• Advertisement

Hate to be that guy BUT do they give time so you can work your notice ? Also do you know the breakdown of the apparent "200" in January over the 3 places.

Optimist in me is thinking 100 Dublin 70/60 cork and 30/40 Wexford. Pessimist being 28 in Wexford is thinking 27 in Wexford haha

Sorry for all the questions just on the off chance you know

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

So you reckon even say someone in the 50's for Cork would have a good shot at getting a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

greenb wrote: »
    Anybody else who rose significantly after interview (we'll done by the way) have some specific work experience in import/export. Freight forwarding for example?

How many are being taken on in Dublin in January, between port and airport?

Sister went from high teens in oom to no. 2 in Cork and no. 3 in Dublin. Has 6 years customer service experience and 10 years in management. No experience in import/export but plenty in detailed form filling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrTvw

Hi everyone , can someone tell me what OOM is?!!
    I have went from 93 to 97 after the interview, got word today! Is there any chance in hell of getting anywhere after been placed 97 for Dublin?!😩

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

:rolleyes:
    Dalio wrote: »
    Yes, it is complicated and hard to grasp. The first oom gets you placed in a Batch I'm not sure how many per batch for this competition (l think the normal CO it's about 500/600) so your first OOM places you in a batch number. Not everyone passes stage 2 which changes your OOM and so don't go on to stage 3. After stage 2, you get a new OOM. To confuse things more if you are in batch 2/3/4 ... you'll get a totally new Oom because your new batch starts at 1 again - so you could be Batch 2 OOM 70. Then after stage three, some people fail the interview, you'll get a new OOM but within your batch number. People from Batch 2 don't get placed until all of batch 1 have been placed or turned down a post. Then as Batch 2 is progressing Batch 3 goes through the process, but often the next batch is completing stage 2 or 3 when others are being placed. So your OOM changes often and this forum will be confusing while some who are in different batches, stages and have different OOMs.:) Sorry it begins to make sense later in the process.

Previous CO campaigns your number change only went up as interview was pass fail now you could be placed anywhere after interview, really unfair that there was no indication of how OOM would occur. Anyway went from top 10 to 70s don't really care too much everyone will be placed for dublin anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

MrTvw wrote: »
    Hi everyone , can someone tell me what OOM is?!!
    I have went from 93 to 97 after the interview, got word today! Is there any chance in hell of getting anywhere after been placed 97 for Dublin?!��

It's hard to know. If you are placed anywhere at all on the batch one panel you have a chance of being called. There are so many people on tenterhooks, wish there was some idea of the breakdown of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Anybody any idea of how many positions going in Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Diarmaid38 wrote: »

No one really knows how many positions are going for any of the 3 counties... the competition is running for 2 years and you get your number after all 3 stages and just wait to be called.

The number 200 was said in the independent early this month but that was for the first intake over the 3 areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Stage 2 Question.

Are you told the order of the test to be completed or do you just log in and complete them in any order you want?

Advertisement