Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkElsewhere

greenb wrote: »
    Me too, dropped from top 5 in Dublin after tests to 70s after interview! Was really hoping to be offered one of the jobs starting in January. Guess that's not going to happen now.

Wow, the interview must be weighted really heavily in the final OOM. I had my stage 2 tests in Dublin yesterday, think they went well but looking at the movement in OOM after stage 3 it almost seems like as long as you pass the tests, the OOM at this stage doesn't count for much and it's all on the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

Got the results of my interview yesterday, Rosslare was my 1st choice and I went from 16 to 20 in oom after interview. Dublin was my second preference I went from 26 to 40! Does anyone know is it possible to get offered a place in Dublin (your second choice) if these spaces come up before getting a call for Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kenny2079

Got my results on Wednesday.
    Received a phone call today to start training ASAP.
    I was told that officers will be brought in, in groups of 20 in November then in Jan and Feb.
    I was 4th Dublin and 2nd in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Kenny2079 wrote: »
    I was told that officers will be brought in, in groups of 20 in November then in Jan and Feb.

Are you going to wexford?

Congrats by the way! Well done.

• Advertisement

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Are you going to wexford?

Didn’t have to pick yet.
    But my preference is Dublin.
    I don’t think many will be called to Wexford as it mainly deals with EU shipments and not GB.

Didn’t have to pick yet.
    I don’t think many will be called to Wexford as it mainly deals with EU shipments and not GB.

Did they say anything about the shifts?

Did they say anything about the shifts?

No word yet. Some union issues. Hours not worked out. But it’s the 25% allowance rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Any idea how many positions are going in Rosslare? Congrats by he way.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Didn’t have to pick yet.

Congrats :) and best of luck

Disheartening to hear about Wexford. But just gotta live in hope

• Advertisement

Didn’t have to pick yet.

Congrats :) and best of luck

Disheartening to hear about Wexford. But just gotta live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Congrats by the way! Well done.

Any mention of references? Or if people cant start in November can they start in Jan?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Any mention of references? Or if people cant start in November can they start in Jan?

No idea, I assume they have to let you hand in your etc if you're already working.

No idea, I assume they have to let you hand in your etc if you're already working.

Notice

Training in Dublin City centre. 4-5 weeks.
    2-3 different locations. Class sizes of about 20.
    I’m mixed in with candidates who transferred from Revenue into Customs.
    November trainees to finish before Xmas. Then placed in Dublin port.
    Won’t be out and about and allowanced until Jan 1st.
    Other groups of 20 to be called in Jan and Feb as required.
    Remember they are taking in existing revenue staff as well as external staff from our panel.

Remember they are taking in existing revenue staff as well as external staff from our panel.

Have they requested references? Its moving so fast.

So you were called for Dublin then.

Well according to a guy earlier there has been a massive let down in the people switching from revenue to customs. And they are trying to do another competition for it.

I just find it weird they called someone from our panel to start this month without been able give notice or check references. If that's the case it would rule me out straight away not been able give notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

olly2018 wrote: »
    Surely being so highly placed you could have your choice of location? Or is that allocated by pure luck?

Also, accepting and starting a position without very important thing such as shift pattern?

Well selfishly the more that turn it down the better from my perspective!! What are the chances they'll make it to OOM 72 for Dublin before February?

Depends on internal transfers. I am a fair few below you ( as in higher number). I do not expect I will make the first 200

As far as I know all of the internal transfers are finishing training this week or next. Apparently there is no further internal competition for COs, so I think all of the 60 or so being taken on before March will be from this panel. Anyone know what the average refusal rate is after offers are made?

• Advertisement

Where does the 60 number come from?

Mentioned above by the person who got the job offer....20 November, 20 January and 20 February.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

A previous poster suggested that everyone in batch one will eventually be offered something. Just wondering what your opinion on this is, given that you seem to know more than most others on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

I find it hard to believe, that people are already called. What about letting you hand in notice to your current employer, what about getting contract first (to know shift patters and other terms and conditions)? I know that they are in rush to get people on the board, but there are some steps/procedures in place that they have to follow...

I find it hard to believe, that people are already called. What about letting you hand in notice to your current employer, what about getting contract first (to know shift patters and other terms and conditions)? I know that they are in rush to get people on the board, but there are some steps/procedures in place that they have to follow...

I am glad I am not the only one thinking this it just goes against what PAS is meant to be about.

I think the main problem is revenue themselves just don't know what's happening.

Through all this I have learnt one thing ...I HAVE NO PATIENCE WHAT SO EVER haha.

Also regarding Wexford I would have taught with 2 ships crossing twice a day to Pembroke and holyhead and rosslare itself more freight now (downgraded from tier 1 to tier 2 with passenger but maintains tier 1 freight) they would need a good few.

I also find it strange, that the training last 4-5 weeks - this is very long duration for CO training (even for Customs)? Other posts mentioned a week for training. I guess we will have to wait until somebody else will come to confirm if there is any movement. Surely there have to be other people at this stage, who were offered same thing as Kenny2079.

Breakdown of interview scores by competency is available now.

Got my interview scores and now more confused than ever!

I went from oom in top 6 before interview to 70s after, so thought I must have scored really bad at interview, but now see I scored between 70 and 80% of Max for each competency.

The scoring must have been really high! Would be interested to hear what sort of scores it took for anybody to rise in oom or even stay in same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

I went from oom in top 6 before interview to 70s after, so thought I must have scored really bad at interview, but now see I scored between 70 and 80% of Max for each competency.

The scoring must have been really high! Would be interested to hear what sort of scores it took for anybody to rise in oom or even stay in same spot.

Went from 11 oom down to 20 for Rosslare yet the lowest I got in my interview was 80% and as high as 86% so guessing most people must have scored in the 90s to jump so many places!!

My Sister got marked over 47 in all her competencies..she jumped 15 place in oom...got a call from Revenue...is due to follow up with them..no specifics yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Jojocrow wrote: »
    Went from 11 oom down to 20 for Rosslare yet the lowest I got in my interview was 80% and as high as 86% so guessing most people must have scored in the 90s to jump so many places!!

I went from OOM 2 in my locations to mid fifties after the interview.
    Looks like I barely scraped the interview with scores in the low to mid twenties in everything. Kind of suprised to be honest, thought it went well enough, still passed though so its all good.

Advertisement