Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Dubted wrote: »
    gizmo23 wrote: »

Funnily enough I heard the opposite that the uptake from present Co's has been horrendous.

But agreed this needs to be more transparent

The other poster back a couple of pages who works there said the opposite too..and that there are jobs coming in January regardless of Brexit..apparently the internal uptake was poor and was supplemented by people from batch ....know soon I reckon..

Yep I just think people are getting bits and pieces and trying peace them together.

Hopefully in the next two weeks we will have some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

Funnily enough I heard the opposite that the uptake from present Co's has been horrendous.

But agreed this needs to be more transparent

I agree with you.

This is all a bit contradictory....either people know things or they're guessing...nobody knows how Brexit will turn out least of all the British side. The poster a couple of page back who works there said there are firm plans to hire in January. Apparently the internal applications was not enough for a training course this month and was supplemented with first oom from batch 1 to begin training right away..this moved people on towards the next course of 15 and up to 200 before March...even with a deal...there will be regulatory checks...anyway let's hope we see some movement soon and a reason for optimism for all who applied

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anyone try contacting HR in Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anyone try contacting HR in Revenue?

I think that Pas is in charge of the recruitment phase and the HR Department comes in once people are placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mcgranea

I emailed PAS Friday just to try and confirm how many people have been assigned and how many are ahead of me (I'm in the late 30's) they told me that revenue are looking after clearance for this competition and I would have to contact them for info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Mcgranea wrote: »
    I emailed PAS Friday just to try and confirm how many people have been assigned and how many are ahead of me (I'm in the late 30's) they told me that revenue are looking after clearance for this competition and I would have to contact them for info.

Have you got through interview? Who is conducting the interviews, PAS or Revenue??

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Have you got through interview? Who is conducting the interviews, PAS or Revenue??

One member from PAS, second member from Revenue. The lady who emailed my sister asking if she was free to start training was from Revenue not PAS. But sister declined as she's waiting on Cork

It has to be reminded that a certain amount will be takin on without brexit. Revenue spokesperson said this in an article in the independent that it wasn't dependent on brexit.

But logic dictates the harder the brexit the more jobs. I can't believe I am going to say this but I am actually looking forward to hearing Arlene foster.

Now I really need to wash my mouth out

It has to be reminded that a certain amount will be takin on without brexit. Revenue spokesperson said this in an article in the independent that it wasn't dependent on brexit.

But logic dictates the harder the brexit the more jobs. I can't believe I am going to say this but I am actually looking forward to hearing Arlene foster.

Now I really need to wash my mouth out

😂😂😂😂😂

No surprises there...Ulster says No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

https://youtu.be/d9uHhLe6WE0

If Ian paisley was around today, haha. I wonder if Arlene Foster will be as forceful with the withdrawal agreement.

I never thought I'd support the dup in order to get a job, haha.

fungijay wrote: »

If Ian paisley was around today, haha. I wonder if Arlene Foster will be as forceful with the withdrawal agreement.

Funny old world eh...but honestly has it come to this...do we believe there will be no jobs because of Mays deal? Which probably won't pass parliament...but id like to hear from the previous posters from within customs on what's happening right now ,what's the latest? Also the people who were in Batch one and have had offers which started this week, have they anything to add from what they've heard? I accept job numbers are affected by the British outcome but is it on pause waiting? Can somebody add something on here?

Dubted wrote: »
    fungijay wrote: »

Funny old world eh...but honestly has it come to this...do we believe there will be no jobs because of Mays deal? Which probably won't pass parliament...but id like to hear from the previous posters from within customs on what's happening right now ,what's the latest? Also the people who were in Batch one and have had offers which started this week, have they anything to add from what they've heard? I accept job numbers are affected by the British outcome but is it on pause waiting? Can somebody add something on here?

There will be jobs even with this deal the only way there wouldn't be is if brexit stops. Also in an independent article a good few pages back a revenue spokesperson said these jobs are not dependent on brexit.

Just logic ( or my version of logic) would suggest harder the brexit the more and faster the jobs.

Literally other then that all I can say is "wait and see" and trust me as a person with no patience I know your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Either way it is very early days. The competition was so fast early on and everyone knew the jobs would start in Jan. It is only mid november so i cannot understand people getting worked up.

Articles stated 200 by march across the country not depending on Brexit.

If we get to the end on march and there is only another 20-30 offers, that would be the time to be worried. I expect we will start hearing of offers to start in New Year around early December.

I cannot see a deal being done with GB remaining in CU

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

olly2018 wrote: »
    Either way it is very early days. The competition was so fast early on and everyone knew the jobs would start in Jan. It is only mid november so i cannot understand people getting worked up.

If we get to the end on march and there is only another 20-30 offers, that would be the time to be worried. I expect we will start hearing of offers to start in New Year around early December.

I agree

Fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

hi i got very low scores in the interview i failed was gutted for a week now i am angry when through the booklet of Clerical Officer Level Competencies no way i could get less than 20 was hopping/expecting 35 across the board i had Board Member: now i asked for a formal review in my view if you cant get 20 you are talking to a empty chair so i am looking for feedback

noel50 wrote: »
    hi i got very low scores in the interview i failed was gutted for a week now i am angry when through the booklet of Clerical Officer Level Competencies no way i could get less than 20 was hopping/expecting 35 across the board i had Board Member: now i asked for a formal review in my view if you cant get 20 you are talking to a empty chair so i am looking for feedback

Sorry to hear that. Very disappointing. Sister had both and said they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She went up in order of merit after interview

I had different panel and the thought did cross my mind that different panels might interpret things in different ways. I mean it does not matter how hard you try to formulate marking systems for interview, there will always be a element of human judgement and along with this comes the possibility of human error.

The interview obviously had a very high weighting, which would make you feel stage 1 & 2 had very little importance this time around. So things have been turned on their head. Previous it has been all about stage 1&2. I wonder why such a drastic change from previous campaigns?

I was shocked about OOM change in first place and also not happy with my position, but have just accepted that is how it is and i may still get a position.

One thing i would say about the interview is that you would not receive any indication either way if you were doing good or bad.

None of us will get the job if they go to the new referendum in UK. Tony Blair urging Labour not to support the deal would have me worried they are trying to get a second referendum at the last minute.

I had different panel and the thought did cross my mind that different panels might interpret things in different ways. I mean it does not matter how hard you try to formulate marking systems for interview, there will always be a element of human judgement and along with this comes the possibility of human error.

The interview obviously had a very high weighting, which would make you feel stage 1 & 2 had very little importance this time around. So things have been turned on their head. Previous it has been all about stage 1&2. I wonder why such a drastic change from previous campaigns?

I was shocked about OOM change in first place and also not happy with my position, but have just accepted that is how it is and i may still get a position.

One thing i would say about the interview is that you would not receive any indication either way if you were doing good or bad.

None of us will get the job if they go to the new referendum in UK. Tony Blair urging Labour not to support the deal would have me worried they are trying to get a second referendum at the last minute.

With Corbyn as labour leader ... I don't think you have to much to worry about regarding a second referendum

• Advertisement

With Corbyn as labour leader ... I don't think you have to much to worry about regarding a second referendum

Let's hope not. I think we are all cheering on hard Brexit

To be fair it's making great tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Don't think it's a good idea to go naming board members on here, they are only people doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 googleted

weadick wrote: »
    Don't think it's a good idea to go naming board members on here, they are only people doing their job.

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭336699

You should not have named the interviewers.

Also, you are looking for feedback from others regarding those individuals, what exactly will you do with that feedback? PAS will not be interested in any hearsay from anonymous posters on an online forum.

I appreciate that you are ‘angry’, it must be very disappointing to fail. Have you asked for more detailed feedback from the interview so you can learn what areas you need to focus on to improve your scores for future campaigns?

FYI

Reporter on RTÉ News - Revenue today said they have already hired 40 new customs officers, hope to have another 270 by end of March and 600 within a couple of years.

In event of No Brexit, Revenue would speed up that implementation process.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

336699 wrote: »
    FYI

Reporter on RTÉ News - Revenue today said they have already hired 40 new customs officers, hope to have another 270 by end of March and 600 within a couple of years.

Was that on paper?news? Or an interview?
    Any chance for a link for us to have a look ourselves?
    But fair play seems like good news for all then!

FYI

270 would get pretty much everyone in batch one a position.

revenent wrote: »
    Was that on paper?news? Or an interview?
    Any chance for a link for us to have a look ourselves?
    But fair play seems like good news for all then!

Live RTÉ News special on RTÉ One right now.

• Advertisement

FYI

270 would get pretty much everyone in batch one a position.

There is less than 270 in batch 1

Advertisement