Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Kitty1cat wrote: »
    Hi I'm I the 50,s in Dublin anyone hear anything that's in the same bracket

I’m in the 70’s for Dublin :( and have yet to hear anything. @Kitty1cat have you heard back regarding Garda vetting or anything since getting results?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

I’m in the 70’s for Dublin :( and have yet to hear anything. @Kitty1cat have you heard back regarding Garda vetting or anything since getting results?

No not a thing just results from interview ... Getting fed up waiting now🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Not a peep about Cork. Sister is in top 5 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Not a peep about Cork. Sister is in top 5 oom

I wish they would contact us soon ...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

I realise that most of the competition has gone quickly so far, but the last bit is always the slowest. Between vetting and planning/placement is always the slowest with civil service. Anyone with any prior experience with pas knows this all too well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Anybody get word for Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamietipp5

So according to the minister for finance 200 staff including internal staff will be in place in Dublin by the end of March with 43 already in place. No official word on Cork yet so Dublin seems to be the priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Jamietipp5 wrote: »
    So according to the minister for finance 200 staff including internal staff will be in place in Dublin by the end of March with 43 already in place. No official word on Cork yet so Dublin seems to be the priority.

Just to point out it's 200 ADDITIONAL to the 43 alright in place ( which were in theory meant to be all internal ... but not enough applied so the open panel was used).

All 3 areas will have some in take in the new year ( January, February) but obviously Dublin is the priority and will have the most. Hence why higher numbers were called in batch 1 for Dublin then cork Wexford combined.

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Just to point out it's 200 ADDITIONAL to the 43 alright in place ( which were in theory meant to be all internal ... but not enough applied so the open panel was used).

All 3 areas will have some in take in the new year ( January, February) but obviously Dublin is the priority and will have the most. Hence why higher numbers were called in batch 1 for Dublin then cork Wexford combined.

That's right. My understanding is of the 43, they made it up to oom 19 from the external panel (anyone with a higher oom get an offer?). So if you were for example oom 50 for Dublin you are now 31st in line for one of the 200 positions in Dublin. I believe they are currently training about 20 at a time. To get the additional 200 by March they would need to increase the numbers training significantly. I heard they have issues with space ie.. Where to put the people physically!

• Advertisement

My understanding is that 200 is for all 3 areas for example ( 120 Dublin 50 cork 30 Wexford).

The pace issue is a major thing for rosslare. Hence why the port is getting 15 million put into it.

My understanding is that 200 is for all 3 areas for example ( 120 Dublin 50 cork 30 Wexford).

The pace issue is a major thing for rosslare. Hence why the port is getting 15 million put into it.

Hope your right in your estimation, I am 26 for Rosslare.

Diarmaid38 wrote: »

Hope your right in your estimation, I am 26 for Rosslare.

Sorry my estimation is just me making up numbers your 26 in batch one ypur going to be placed maybe not in this "cycle" but during the course of the 2 years

Sorry my estimation is just me making up numbers your 26 in batch one ypur going to be placed maybe not in this "cycle" but during the course of the 2 years

Yeh I realise that it's a guestimation, I suppose it depends on how many internal staff took up posts in Rosslare, anyway it's gonna be a wait and see game. December 11/12 will tell a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Did anyone who done the stage 2 assessments in November receive any news yet ?

Sister is top 5 for Cork. Was offered Dublin Airport....but declined this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Sister is top 5 for Cork. Was offered Dublin Airport....but declined this morning.

So she had Dublin as 2nd choice? What was Dub OOM?

At least there is some movement.

Any other Dublin offers this morning? and what OOM are they up to?

olly2018 wrote: »
    So she had Dublin as 2nd choice? What was Dub OOM?

At least there is some movement.

yes 2nd choice for Dublin. Was also top 5 for Dublin. Had already rejected Dublin port

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Did anyone who done the stage 2 assessments in November receive any news yet ?

Not yet for cork. I would expect something this early week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

yes 2nd choice for Dublin. Was also top 5 for Dublin. Had already rejected Dublin port

If you give one rejection for Dublin is the candidate not then removed from the OOM for that location? Interesting that she rejected the port and they then came back with a second offer for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

If you give one rejection for Dublin is the candidate not then removed from the OOM for that location? Interesting that she rejected the port and they then came back with a second offer for Dublin.

I asked Revenue in November if Airport is an option for location. Was told no. Only port at this stage. Find it strange that Airport is being on the table now.

She was actually told a few weeks ago when she got the first offer, that they would ring again with another offer for Dublin. But for her to sit tight and wait for Cork. So not quite sure how they are working it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jayb4k

Hey. Sorry for the silly question but, do the people who know their place in oom know it from their test results or I seen earlier in the thread people emailed pas and found out? I must have been in the second batch and have received no results back for the test in jervis street.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

jayb4k wrote: »
    Hey. Sorry for the silly question but, do the people who know their place in oom know it from their test results or I seen earlier in the thread people emailed pas and found out? I must have been in the second batch and have received no results back for the test in jervis street.

Noone in batch 2 got results back yet (at least not for cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Unfortunately your going to have to wait the results are not out for Batch 2 but you could ask Pas when they will be released

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jayb4k

I spoke to PAS today who said there is just a backlog due to so many results. They should be out in the next week but call again if I don't receive them by Christmas..... She also said do one of us may not be called for a year as it's an 18 month process. After the first exam at home I was only 440 in order of merit. Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Don't worry about it yet. My results changed a lot going from stage to stage. But I have to agree, the waiting and not knowing is very frustrating, my fingers are getting sore from being crossed so much :) just have to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Does anyone know, if I apply for the Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil & Public Service 2019, would that remove me from being called for this position? I've passed stage 3 and have my OOM in the mid 70 just getting harder holding out for that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamietipp5

No as they are two different competitions and I am assuming that this competition will be moving a lot quicker than the tco comp

• Advertisement

I spoke to PAS today who said there is just a backlog due to so many results. They should be out in the next week but call again if I don't receive them by Christmas..... She also said do one of us may not be called for a year as it's an 18 month process. After the first exam at home I was only 440 in order of merit. Gutted

You can jump hundreds of places in the order of merit (or vice versa) by the time you get to interview

Advertisement