Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Vologda69 wrote: »
    You can jump hundreds of places in the order of merit (or vice versa) by the time you get to interview

But I assume you can't jump batches? So if you just missed batch 1 (not sure how many are in it), you can't jump hundreds of places, best you can hope for is a low batch 2 number. Am I right?

Would love to hear if anyone else got a call for the airport this week and what batch 1 number they've reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jayb4k

So was batch one the highest achievers in the first non supervised exam and batch 2 the lower achievers?

jayb4k wrote: »
    So was batch one the highest achievers in the first non supervised exam and batch 2 the lower achievers?

I just checked my stage one scores and I'm in the top third so I guess the answer to my own question is no. So what was the reason for 2 batches? Would it not be better to half the top 50 percent in batch one? Or was it just random?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

I just checked my stage one scores and I'm in the top third so I guess the answer to my own question is no. So what was the reason for 2 batches? Would it not be better to half the top 50 percent in batch one? Or was it just random?

Basically a certain amount were brought up for supervised tests and interview this is batch 1 ... so say the first 300 then the next batch (batch 2) are brought up for supervised tests and if you get to interviews it would suggest all of batch 1 are being placed.

Basically it's a numbers and time issue it's to work through the list at a faster rate as PAS can only hold so many for exams and interviews.

Also to answer someone else no people can not jump from batch 2 to batch 1. After interview ( first time ever ) you get your finally oom and your batch and that as they say is that

gizmo23 wrote: »

After interview ( first time ever ) you get your finally oom and your batch and that as they say is that

That's what's really frustrating me this time. Was top 6 after stage 2 but moved to low 70s after interview. Under the old system or if I'd put a bit more thought and work in to the interview I'd be in a job now!......the pace has slowed down and now I think they'll never reach 70.:(

• Advertisement

Basically a certain amount were brought up for supervised tests and interview this is batch 1 ... so say the first 300 then the next batch (batch 2) are brought up for supervised tests and if you get to interviews it would suggest all of batch 1 are being placed.

Basically it's a numbers and time issue it's to work through the list at a faster rate as PAS can only hold so many for exams and interviews.

Also to answer someone else no people can not jump from batch 2 to batch 1. After interview ( first time ever ) you get your finally oom and your batch and that as they say is that

Does this mean all batch ones will be offered the jobs before batch 2's are even considered? Even If an applicant in batch 2 scores higher on the supervised test and interview?

Does this mean all batch ones will be offered the jobs before batch 2's are even considered? Even If an applicant in batch 2 scores higher on the supervised test and interview?

This is correct batch one is now set. And before batch 2 is got to all of batch one for that area ( Dublin cork or Wexford) must be at least offered a position.

That was the reasoning behind the online questionnaire to split into groups

greenb wrote: »

After interview ( first time ever ) you get your finally oom and your batch and that as they say is that

That's what's really frustrating me this time. Was top 6 after stage 2 but moved to low 70s after interview. Under the old system or if I'd put a bit more thought and work in to the interview I'd be in a job now!......the pace has slowed down and now I think they'll never reach 70.:(

You will be offered a position during the 18/24 months this is open if your batch 1 I would be confident of been placed ... when is a completely different issue. This is revenue they take there time with most things. Even if this is still moving a lot faster then most competitions.

Plus I know of certain outside issues such as capacity issues ( where to house the new staff) plus with brexit up in the air at present it is slowing things down. But hang in there

Okay thanks. I just read that it's only 200 being hired before March and a further 400 before the end of 2020. It was said in government. Wish we new how many in batch one. Over 3000 applied for the 600 jobs.

Plus if I finished in the top 30 percent in the online questionnaire why am I not in batch 1

Okay thanks. I just read that it's only 200 being hired before March and a further 400 before the end of 2020. It was said in government. Wish we new how many in batch one. Over 3000 applied for the 600 jobs.

Plus if I finished in the top 30 percent in the online questionnaire why am I not in batch 1

Again only PAS can answer that but my theory and I could be way out here but from information I have gathered ... is the first batch were processed so quickly to fill the above 200 odd spaces ( allowing for people turning down etc. ) also PAS can only process so many applicants at a certain time with exams and interviews as other competitions are ran at the same time. I know in my exam sitting some were there for an EO competition.

Again it's just my theory ... trying to make information fit. But PAS would give you a straighter answer. As to why you weren't called in batch 1.

• Advertisement

If your OOM was 440 after stage 1, then it suggests that batch 1 is maximum 439 people, probably less...ie not the top 30 percent of 3000. Probably the top 10 or 15%, but I'm guessing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I have been reliably informed that Dublin Airport is very much a placement option

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I have been reliably informed that Dublin Airport is very much a placement option

That sounds good I'm right beside it. Worked there after 9/11 checking visas and baggage. Great place to work

DoctaDee wrote: »

Know of anybody who has been called for it, besides the one poster above who turned it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Any get results for batch 2 (cork)??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miamiamia123

I just missed a phone call from a revenue phone number. It says the number is not in service when I call back. Would anyone have a contact number I could call. I Don't want to miss out on an offer

I just missed a phone call from a revenue phone number. It says the number is not in service when I call back. Would anyone have a contact number I could call. I Don't want to miss out on an offer

Just call PAS and they will give you a contact name and number in Revenue. What OOM and for what location are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miamiamia123

Just call PAS and they will give you a contact name and number in Revenue. What OOM and for what location are you?

Thank you. I got a call back just as I was on hold with PAS. My OOM is 23. I start training for Dublin Airport in February.

Thank you. I got a call back just as I was on hold with PAS. My OOM is 23. I start training for Dublin Airport in February.

Thanks. Sounds like there is no training start in January then? A previous poster mentioned two training courses in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Has anyone from batch 1 heard anything for Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

So only up as far as 23 for Dublin yet someone has be allowed refuse 2 positions, very odd.
    Despite people saying how quick the competition is moving, it sure doesn’t feel like it.

So only up as far as 23 for Dublin yet someone has be allowed refuse 2 positions, very odd.
    Despite people saying how quick the competition is moving, it sure doesn’t feel like it.

I doubt if everyone on the panel is on this message board. They may be up much higher than 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

I doubt if everyone on the panel is on this message board. They may be up much higher than 23.

Well I'm in the 50's from Dublin and heard nothing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

I'm sure revenue are just as frustrated as some of us are.
    With British politicians still squabbling, there is still all possibilities open, hard brexit, agreed brexit or no brexit at all.

A hard brexit would mean practically everyone getting a call to work because of the chaos.

An agreed brexit is planned for with 200 staff by March.

And no brexit, means there could be 100's of customs staff on a three year contract with nothing to do. Revenue obviously would like this to happen either, which is probably why the recruitment has slowed down now after such a fast start.

Until the UK finally makes its mind up I think we will all be frustrated, including the PAS and revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Has anyone from batch 1 heard anything for Cork?

Not a thing. Sent an email to the email address in the communications received from PAS and basically they know nothing. I'm OOM 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Not a thing. Sent an email to the email address in the communications received from PAS and basically they know nothing. I'm OOM 5.

What a joke. We all spent a lot of money on travelling to Dublin twice.

Hi all,

Temporary CO 2019 campaign closes at 3pm today, if anyone is interested in applying.

(UPDATE)

"the closing date for the Temporary Clerical Officer 2019 competition has now been extended until 3pm on Tuesday, 11th December 2018."

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

It starts looking badly in terms of Brexit. What do you reckon will happen, if there is no Brexit (UK stays within EU). Do you think, that they will still take some people from pannel (to replace people who are leaving etc.)? My wife is in 30's on OOM for Dublin. So close, yet so far away...
    I guess if we don't hear this week about training strating in January, there migth be no training that month...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I find the speculation on here more trying than the wait.;)

Just sit back and let it unfold.

• Advertisement

(Updated)
    Pay Scale to be revised from the 1 January 2019.

Current Scale:-
    CLERICAL OFFICER (PPC)
    €23,338 €24,865 €25,254 €26,010 €27,127 €28,241 €29,355 €30,469
    (€447.27) (€476.53) (€483.97) (€498.48) (€519.88) (€541.23) (€562.59) (€583.92)

€31,553 €32,638 €33,401 €34,474 €35,540 €37,204 €38,512¹ €39,112²
    (€604.71) (€625.48) (€640.12) (€660.68) (€681.12) (€713.00) (€738.07) (€749.56)

New Scale:-
    CLERICAL OFFICER

CLERICAL OFFICER (PPC)
    €23,572 €25,114 €25,507 €26,270 €27,398 €28,523 €29,649 €30,469
    (€451.74) (€481.30) {€488.81) (€503.46) {€525.08) (€546.64) {€568.22) (€583.92)

€31,553 €32,638 €33,401 €34,474 €35,540 €37,204 €38,512¹ €39,112²
    (€604.71) (€625.48) (€640.12) (€660.68) (€681.12) (€713.00) (€738.07) (€749.56)

https://circulars.gov.ie/

Advertisement