Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Pay Scale to be revised from the 1 January 2019.

Current Scale:-
    CLERICAL OFFICER
    €24,039 €25,113 €25,820 €26,881 €27,940 €28,999 €30,057 €31,098
    (€460.71) (€481.29) (€494.83) (€515.16) (€535.45) (€555.75) (€576.03) (€595.96)

€32,126 €32,839 €33,854 €35,433 €36,677¹ €37,249²
    (€615.70) (€629.34) (€648.79) (€679.07) (€702.89) (€713.86)

New Scale:-
    CLERICAL OFFICER

€24,279 €25,364 €26,079 €27,149 €28,219 €29,289 €30,057 €31,098
    (€465.32) (€486.10) (€499.78) (€520.31) (€540.80} (€561.31) (€576.03) (€595.96)

€32,126 €32,839 €33,854 €35,433 €36,677¹ €37,249²
    (€615.70) (€629.34) (€648.79) (€679.07} (€702.89) (€713.86}

https://circulars.gov.ie/

Have to get offered the job first 😉😉😂ðŸ˜
    Ok I’m going to ask the stupid question, is this the yearly scale? As in you’d start at 24,279 and each year go up to the next figure?
    So after 14years your paid 37,249?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Have to get offered the job first 😉😉😂ðŸ˜
    Ok I’m going to ask the stupid question, is this the yearly scale? As in you’d start at 24,279 and each year go up to the next figure?

Correct. You will move up each year on the scale once your PMDS meets the required standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Have to get offered the job first ������ðŸ˜

Except the last two increment. they are paid after 3 year & 6 year respectively. so you would need to be 18 years (minimum) to get the 37,249.

Also for this particular job, it should be noted that this is the basic pay before the shift allowance is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Does anyone know how many weeks the induction/training course is ?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many weeks the induction/training course is ?

I have heard its 5 weeks in Dublin (regardless of location) but I dont know if thats a sure thing.

Have to get offered the job first ������ðŸ˜

Sorry I copied the wrong scales by mistake, I have updated my comment with the correct scales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I have heard its 5 weeks in Dublin (regardless of location) but I dont know if thats a sure thing.

Sorry I copied the wrong scales by mistake, I have updated my comment with the correct scales.

I had presumed that initial training was in Dublin, was because Dublin was being sorted first. It would make more sense for Cork and Wexford staff to be trained in their respective locations. Not to mention the finanical burden of travel and accommodation in Dublin, having already traveled up for testing, interviews etc.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I had presumed that initial training was in Dublin, was because Dublin was being sorted first. It would make more sense for Cork and Wexford staff to be trained in their respective locations. Not to mention the finanical burden of travel and accommodation in Dublin, having already traveled up for testing, interviews etc.

Travelling to Dublin for training would mean you can claim for Travel and Subsistence. I know people currently commuting to Dublin for Audit training and are entitled to claim

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Travelling to Dublin for training would mean you can claim for Travel and Subsistence. I know people currently commuting to Dublin for Audit training and are entitled to claim

But is it realistic to expect someone from say Cork to spend 5 hrs travelling up and down every day. They would need to stay in Dublin for a few nights at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Leo on the Late Late last night, 'we have 200 customs officers hired'. So are they officers taken from the internal competition and already in the job or waiting to begin training?

But is it realistic to expect someone from say Cork to spend 5 hrs travelling up and down every day. They would need to stay in Dublin for a few nights at least.

Not saying you will have to as they may facilitate training in Cork but should you have to travel you would claim travel and sub. Certain distances would qualify for overnights.

If youve never worked in the Civil Service then be prepared to endure the lack of logic with regard to decisions and procedures :)

• Advertisement

I agree but its because thats where the revenue training division is. I personally wouldn't like to be travelling/living in dublin for 5 weeks but that is what I have heard. then again, because of the numbers being recruited they may decide to bring the trainers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Leo on the Late Late last night, 'we have 200 customs officers hired'. So are they officers taken from the internal competition and already in the job or waiting to begin training?

Must have been "misinformed". Wouldn't accuse him of lying!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Internal comp just opened for enforcement, dog handlers and profiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

Hi guys, just quick update, wife just got call from Revenue. She is tarting training Mid January. She was offered Port. She was placed in 30's OOM (first batch for Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Bad news for cork panel. Fella I spoke to in HR for revenue called around 12 and said it's a no go "for foreseeable future" looks like it may be only Dublin panel. No news on the other location. Only Dublin being looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Congrats to your wife on being successful :) I know it might sound funny, but was your wife high or low 30's?
    Just want to judge how close to a potential call I'd be?
    Thanks and congrats once again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

Hi all, got a call today offering me Dublin port I was 40 on the oom and training is to start mid January. Asked about rosslare and they said they had no information as yet!

Jojocrow wrote: »
    Hi all, got a call today offering me Dublin port I was 40 on the oom and training is to start mid January. Asked about rosslare and they said they had no information as yet!

Did they give you the option of switching to Rosslare if it comes up? Sure I saw a post earlier that said up to at least 7 had been offered Rosslare, but it seems to have been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

revenent wrote: »
    Bad news for cork panel. Fella I spoke to in HR for revenue called around 12 and said it's a no go "for foreseeable future" looks like it may be only Dublin panel. No news on the other location. Only Dublin being looked at.

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

greenb wrote: »
    Did they give you the option of switching to Rosslare if it comes up? Sure I saw a post earlier that said up to at least 7 had been offered Rosslare, but it seems to have been deleted.

No once you take Dublin if you are offered it first you are removed from the Rosslare/Cork panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

This is a disaster. Had high hopes for this position. Wasted alot of time and money going to Dublin for tests/interview.

Congrats to your wife on being successful :) I know it might sound funny, but was your wife high or low 30's?
    Just want to judge how close to a potential call I'd be?
    Thanks and congrats once again :D

Thanks for congrats. She was high 30s

weadick wrote: »
    This is a disaster. Had high hopes for this position. Wasted alot of time and money going to Dublin for tests/interview.

Brexit is still all up in the air. So they could be just waiting to see how things pan out before having a more accurate picture of the numbers required. Sister is in the top 5 for Cork and was told to sit tight. More training sessions in February and March....so things could change quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Leo varadkar quote yesterday

"We now need to up the contingency planning to execution for no deal," he added.

He said this would involve accelerating the recruitment of extra customs officers, veterinary officers and health officials, and putting in place infrastructure at ports and airports

weadick wrote: »

Revenue can change their minds in a split second. Ask a different person in HR tomorrow, they tell you the exact oppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamietipp5

I am in 60's for Dublin, got offered Dublin Port today, start training in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

I'm in the 50's got offered Dublin port today... End Jan start

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Anyone hear about Rosslare?

For anyone who's had an offer, at what point do they look for references? Are the offers pending reference?

• Advertisement

greenb wrote: »
    For anyone who's had an offer, at what point do they look for references? Are the offers pending reference?

Once you accept offer over the phone, you will get email to complete vetting form online.
    They will ask via email for work reference (contact for your last employer).

Advertisement