Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wendell S

Does anyone know what the shift patterns are for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Jamietipp5 wrote: »
    I am in 60's for Dublin, got offered Dublin Port today, start training in February.

Congratulations on getting the job. Would you mind telling us where in the 60s you were (within 1 either way if you don't want to be exact). I'm at oom 70 and just looking to know how close I am.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamietipp5

I was 61 oom. I'd also be interested to know the shift patterns if anyone knows them

OOM 70. Got offer for Dublin Port this morning. Training start mid February.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

Jamietipp5 wrote: »
    I was 61 oom. I'd also be interested to know the shift patterns if anyone knows them

We should find out shifts pattern in January. That's what wife was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

greenb wrote: »
    OOM 70. Got offer for Dublin Port this morning. Training start mid February.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

Have Batch 2 test results come out yet?! Been about 6 weeks now..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

i'm in batch two and haven't had any results yet

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

By next wednesday i was told. Apparently there was a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 4 euphdub

got offered training in February for Dublin port, was also told I need to commit to the training by close of business today .I have asked for information on shift patterns and rota's and they don't seem to be very pushed on giving information , does anyone have any insight or info into what the shift patterns would be like .it all seems very vague at the moment and if I'm gonna jump from my current job in the private sector to this I would need a lot more clarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

euphdub wrote: »
    got offered training in February for Dublin port, was also told I need to commit to the training by close of business today .I have asked for information on shift patterns and rota's and they don't seem to be very pushed on giving information , does anyone have any insight or info into what the shift patterns would be like .it all seems very vague at the moment and if I'm gonna jump from my current job in the private sector to this I would need a lot more clarity

I would have to agree with you there. That can't expect people to commit without knowing full details

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Just got a call, training starting in Feb for Dublin Port. More details to follow but accepted the position happily. Was OOM 72.
    Good luck to all other potential candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

Just got a call, training starting in Feb for Dublin Port. More details to follow but accepted the position happily. Was OOM 72.
    Good luck to all other potential candidates.

Excellent. So they seem to be calling everyday this week. Not far to go for me.

I wonder will they stop the calls today or will they be calling into next week? Hopefully so.

I would also echo to above poster that it is very difficult for people to accept positions without having all the info. Hours for commuting and days make such a big difference where people have family circumstances to arrange.

It is a difficult decision to hand in notice with existing employment when people do not understand fully what is ahead.

Hopefully I will get a call before Christmas.

Does anyone know when revenue finish up for Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Iano1987

I was in Batch 2 and got a message saying results from the tests should be early January

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jayb4k

Just got an email to say my stage 2 results won't be given until early January. Any other stage 2s get similar? I'm devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

"Please note, we now expect to issue the results, for your recently completed Stage 2 Supervised Assessment, by early January 2019" l've just received this msg, so they are obviously behind/delays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

No offense but they are not getting back to us about job application forms.

We had to come in, in person, middle of work day, to do the test. They said late November/early December at latest. And now they're saying January +.

It seems to me there needs to be a regulatory body set up to make sure test-takes, especially those in-person, are treated fairly, as right now we are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

olly2018 wrote: »
    Excellent. So they seem to be calling everyday this week. Not far to go for me.

I wonder will they stop the calls today or will they be calling into next week? Hopefully so.

I would also echo to above poster that it is very difficult for people to accept positions without having all the info. Hours for commuting and days make such a big difference where people have family circumstances to arrange.

It is a difficult decision to hand in notice with existing employment when people do not understand fully what is ahead.

Its still being confirmed but will be soon, but the shift is 24/7 and will work on an 8 week cycle with 3 primary shifts, 5am-1pm, 1pm-9pm and 9pm-5am. There will also be other shifts at different times of the day but these won't be everyday and will depend on the needs of the port

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The_Brood wrote: »
    No offense but they are not getting back to us about job application forms.

We had to come in, in person, middle of work day, to do the test. They said late November/early December at latest. And now they're saying January +.

It seems to me there needs to be a regulatory body set up to make sure test-takes, especially those in-person, are treated fairly, as right now we are not.

There already is a regulatory body: www.cpsa.ie/en

Also delays in issuing results happen all the time for various reasons. It may be a case of it making more business sense to issue them in the New Year once they have numbers of thos who have accepted training etc.

Like I said before, logic rarely exists in the Public Service and when it comes to promotions and competitions patience is required

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

plibige wrote: »
    Its still being confirmed but will be soon, but the shift is 24/7 and will work on an 8 week cycle with 3 primary shifts, 5am-1pm, 1pm-9pm and 9pm-5am. There will also be other shifts at different times of the day but these won't be everyday and will depend on the needs of the port

Doesnt that apply to Dublin only. Was under the impression that it was 16/7 shift pattern in Cork and Rosslare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Doesnt that apply to Dublin only. Was under the impression that it was 16/7 shift pattern in Cork and Rosslare

That's just for Dublin port, every roster will be specific to the needs of the station. And this is what is likely to be Dublin port

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Why are the staffing requirments in Dublin so much greater than elsewhere? Surley with Cork being the second city, where all the big pharma companies are located, plus the relocation of the port in the near future, there would be a strong need for staff too.

weadick wrote: »
    Why are the staffing requirments in Dublin so much greater than elsewhere? Surley with Cork being the second city, where all the big pharma companies are located, plus the relocation of the port in the near future, there would be a strong need for staff too.

If you look at the volume of goods into and out of Dublin in comparison with other Irish ports from CSO website, it might help explain. And Dublin staff were always going to be recruited first. Looks like the New Year before there will be movement for Cork and Rosslare.

Its a pity they arent longer shifts like Garda control room operators - 4 days on/off. Sister is having second thoughts now about taking any offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I can only imagine the powers that be are waiting to see how the Westminster vote on Brexit goes. A lot of the numbers requirement will be dependent on either a little bit of chaos or complete chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

olly2018 wrote: »

Revenue? Working christmas eve and back 27th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Its a pity they arent longer shifts like Garda control room operators - 4 days on/off. Sister is having second thoughts now about taking any offer.

I don't think anything is really set in stone regarding shifts. They didn't specify how long the shifts were or how many days in the information booklet other than you may be rosters over 24/7 (or maybe less outside Dublin). Thats is most like to allow them the flexible to change current shift patterns in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Vetting forms appeared in inbox today. Says it expires in 30 days. I image not much will be done this close to Christmas anyway.

How long does the vetting typically take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

greenb wrote: »
    How long does the vetting typically take?

It's hard to say really, the workload in the NVB really determines the length of time. From prior experience being vetted for the GAA, the NVB took a week to return their findings, so the application trail of

NVB=>you=>Revenue=>NVB=>Revenue, when it reaches the 4th stage it should be a week after that the NVB return their findings

Advertisement