Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

gizmo23 wrote: »

Did cork not undergo a refurb recently?

Could certainly do with one! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keith79

The uniform consists of casual polo, t shirt and combats.
    Then you have your shirts epaulets gloves thermals, hi vis coat and the all important boots.
    And when you finish training you’ll realise you can’t receive any free gifts or discounts.
    Your going to need the thermals.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Cork sounds dead in the water by all accounts. Bit disappointing after the investment into the recruitment process and ending up in the top 5 at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'm currently high up on a panel for another part of the public service and I'm just jumping in here to ask if you feel the raising of the retirement age to 70 has doomed our chances of getting into the public service now

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Cork sounds dead in the water by all accounts. Bit disappointing after the investment into the recruitment process and ending up in the top 5 at the end.

I heard that there may still be plans for some staff for Cork but it will be well into 2019 before they even look at it. I don't think there's much hope for those of us further down the pecking order though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I'm currently high up on a panel for another part of the public service and I'm just jumping in here to ask if you feel the raising of the retirement age to 70 has doomed our chances of getting into the public service now

It won't have a huge effect. The compulsory age is now 70 that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will stay til that age. You can retire after 30 years of you want. You need 40 years for full pension entitlement

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Anybody head anymore from the revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    Anybody head anymore from the revenue?

Nope, got an email to say my vetting was completed and sent to revenue. After that have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Still waiting on results of stage 2
    really want this job but in the final stages of another government job i was in 400s for this am, i wasting my time even thinking about it ?

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Still waiting on results of stage 2
    really want this job but in the final stages of another government job i was in 400s for this am, i wasting my time even thinking about it ?

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0103/1020058-brexit-contingency-cabinet/

"Contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit were published before Christmas, but ministers had less than one hour to discuss them then.
    This morning, they will go through the plans in more detail, before updating them over the coming weeks.
    Included is the acceleration of recruitment for 600 customs officer posts, as well as extra staff for Revenue and Agriculture."

• Advertisement

I heard they do need people for Cork but currently have no space to accommodate them. Has anybody actually been given a confirmed start date for training in January and if so for which posting (Dublin Airport or port)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

greenb wrote:
    "Contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit were published before Christmas, but ministers had less than one hour to discuss them then. This morning, they will go through the plans in more detail, before updating them over the coming weeks. Included is the acceleration of recruitment for 600 customs officer posts, as well as extra staff for Revenue and Agriculture."

a lot of people waiting tentatively on them giving the green light for this not just in customs as is my case

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

As I understand it this recruitment campaign is not for Customs Officers.
    There is a big difference between a Customs Officer and a Customs 'Official' i.e. Clerical Officer including: salary, statutory powers (including of search and entry), uniform, working conditions etc. etc.
    The media and some politicians seem to be conflating the two.

Has there even been a public recruitment campaign specifically for Customs Officers? If there is one, I can't find it.

Would be curious to learn a little more about the working relationship between the two.
    Any customs officers tuning in? Would love to know what the are making of this whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

I accepted airport and completed Garda vetting which was returned to revenue completed before Christmas..I was told at time of offer training was in Feb.. anyone any idea what happens now as I've heard no more since Garda vetting was returned to them

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    As I understand it this recruitment campaign is not for Customs Officers.
    There is a big difference between a Customs Officer and a Customs 'Official' i.e. Clerical Officer including: salary, statutory powers (including of search and entry), uniform, working conditions etc. etc.
    The media and some politicians seem to be conflating the two.

Has there even been a public recruitment campaign specifically for Customs Officers? If there is one, I can't find it.

Would be curious to learn a little more about the working relationship between the two.
    Any customs officers tuning in? Would love to know what the are making of this whole thing.

My understanding (could be wrong) is an official in customs is in fact a customs officer. There are various different areas eg, enforcement, profiling, trade facilitation etc, etc......All of the area's employees are COs, EOs, HEOs etc, but all are customs officers. Anyone feel free to correct me if wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Dubted wrote: »
    I accepted airport and completed Garda vetting which was returned to revenue completed before Christmas..I was told at time of offer training was in Feb.. anyone any idea what happens now as I've heard no more since Garda vetting was returned to them

You may want to contact the person in Revenue Recruitment that offered you the position. The appointment documentation email consists of 13 individual attachments, I set up a primary email for jobs etc and the docs never arrived in my inbox. These docs were sent the same day as the vetting link, it was only when they requested my BIC/IBAN that the problem came to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

greenb wrote: »
    I heard they do need people for Cork but currently have no space to accommodate them. Has anybody actually been given a confirmed start date for training in January and if so for which posting (Dublin Airport or port)?

Wife is starting training 14th of January (Dublin Port).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

I was offered Dublin port and start my training on the 14th of January

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

What oom are we up to in terms of offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrTvw

Congratulations, do you mind me asking what your OOM was!! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojocrow

MrTvw wrote: »
    Congratulations, do you mind me asking what your OOM was!! Thanks

I was 39 oom but think more have been offered places after I was

Anyone else accept airport and training in February still waiting to hear back after completing Garda vetting?..my Garda vetting was returned to revenue before Christmas

Jojocrow wrote: »
    I was 39 oom but think more have been offered places after I was

Have you started ?

Dubted wrote: »
    Anyone else accept airport and training in February still waiting to hear back after completing Garda vetting?..my Garda vetting was returned to revenue before Christmas

I accepted training for Feb, Garda vetting returned to revenue this week, and have heard no more. At least I think it's with Revenue, the application Tracking says "Application process completed" and then "Disclosure viewed". Does that mean it's with Revenue or are there more steps?

I accepted training for Feb, Garda vetting returned to revenue this week, and have heard no more. At least I think it's with Revenue, the application Tracking says "Application process completed" and then "Disclosure viewed". Does that mean it's with Revenue or are there more steps?

Exactly the same as me.. what about asking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Stage 2 results for Dublin are out

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Didn’t pass stage devastated I am really wanted it,don’t know what happened on the day but anyway noting I can do now,well done to all those who passed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

Just received results for stage 2 for wexford. Got placed no 7, hopefully interviews will start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Just received my results for Stage 2 placed 45 in Dublin. Happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Looks like anybody who applied for Cork is getting shafted...completely unfair especially after having to Dublin twice.

Advertisement