Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkElsewhere

neety wrote: »
    Just received results for stage 2 for wexford. Got placed no 7, hopefully interviews will start soon

I also just got no. 7 for Wexford after stage 2 (Batch 2). Very happy with that position. Cork was actually my first choice, but Wexford looks the best bet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

Hi all,
    I got my stage 2 results today and I'm placed at 125 for Dublin. What do people think my chances are of progressing to stage 3 or the actual job?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

willcartel wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I got my stage 2 results today and I'm placed at 125 for Dublin. What do people think my chances are of progressing to stage 3 or the actual job?

Would depend on the guards clearance and with the rest of us on panel 1, Also as the rest on here with how hard brexit is!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

I also just got no. 7 for Wexford after stage 2 (Batch 2). Very happy with that position. Cork was actually my first choice, but Wexford looks the best bet now.

How can both of us be placed 7 for wexford? This campaign gets more and more confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Hi all,

I was 115th after stage 2, with the 70ies after stage 3 (batch 1) Offered a position and starting training for Dublin Port in Feb. A lot can change from stage to stage.
    Keep your head up and give it your best esp in stage 3 and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

How can both of us be placed 7 for wexford? This campaign gets more and more confusing!!

My understanding is there are only 6 people with better scores than both of you. You both have exactly the same score after stage 2. There will be no number 8. The next oom after you will be 9 (if only two of you have the same score).

Not sure which of you gets the job first though!.....probably alphabetical. In batch 1, people dropped and climbed as much as 100 places after stage 3 interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

This us not your final ranking it will be changed after the interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

I was 115th after stage 2, with the 70ies after stage 3 (batch 1) Offered a position and starting training for Dublin Port in Feb. A lot can change from stage to stage.
    Have you had Garda Vetting and contract Docs sent to you?

revenent wrote: »
    Would depend on the guards clearance and with the rest of us on panel 1, Also as the rest on here with how hard brexit is!

Yeah true. I work in Dublin airport at the moment so Garda clearance should be straightforward for me. Hopefully!

Thanks for that, man. Fingers and toes crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Dubted wrote: »
    Have you had Garda Vetting and contract Docs sent to you?

Garda Vetting done and back. No contract or docs sent yet but only got offer just before Christmas so given them a chance to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Anybody hear anything about Rosslare? Or is it only Dublin at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

Hi there, get your feedback and see where you went wrong. They have another competition running for clerical officers in Dublin ending on the 11th, so put your application in for that. And the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything about Rosslare? Or is it only Dublin at the moment?

Finally got results stage 2, l have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 178 on the order of merit for Wexford. They "will be in contact regarding Stage 3- Interview, should vacancies arise in my chosen location - Rosslare"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emma201801

Results for stage 2, am now OOM 17 for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 5 76543

Anyone from batch 2 get a stage 2 result for Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nuternol

76543 wrote: »

I only got my result for Wexford. No result yet for cork

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

76543 wrote: »

I got mine top 20 for cork

I got mine top 20 for cork

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

What is the point in a batch 2 for Cork when batch one hasnt been touched yet and it doesn't look likely it ever will.

• Advertisement

weadick wrote: »
    What is the point in a batch 2 for Cork when batch one hasnt been touched yet and it doesn't look likely it ever will.

Maybe it’s an indication that it’s not dead in the water

I've a question about how the oom works. After stage 1 I was 777 in Dublin and obviously placed in the second batch. Then I sat stage 2 and have been given a new oom of 125 in Dublin. Does that mean I'm 125 of the batch 2 people or 125 overall?
    Thanks.

I've a question about how the oom works. After stage 1 I was 777 in Dublin and obviously placed in the second batch. Then I sat stage 2 and have been given a new oom of 125 in Dublin. Does that mean I'm 125 of the batch 2 people or 125 overall?
    Thanks.
    My understanding is you are now 125 out of how many people sat batch 2 for Dublin. Again just my somewhat limited understanding.

Your oom will change again following interviews when/if you are called

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kaeligh 127

Hi,

Can someone please answer my question, I sat stage assessment on 2/11/'18, I got my results on Monday last and qualified but no where in my messages can I see what batch I am in?

Only from reading previous posts on here did I realise that there are different batches?

Hi,

Can someone please answer my question, I sat stage assessment on 2/11/'18, I got my results on Monday last and qualified but no where in my messages can I see what batch I am in?

Only from reading previous posts on here did I realise that there are different batches?

The way it worked for me I never got my batch number until I got the email to book my interview. Then batch 1 appeared.

It is highly possible that they might only call a certain amount forward for interview from the people who passed. Again this is just going by previous campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kaeligh 127

Thanks for that, which explains it :) Have you had your interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

A while since i replied on here to this thread, but i must comment that the recruitment drive seems to be very reactive rather than proactive.

From my reading of the situation it seems revenue done a calling blitz two weeks before Christmas and the OOM was progressing rapidly. From replies on here i think the highest OOM i seen mentioned was 72 for Dublin and that was the second Friday before Christmas.

I was hoping they would reach me in the week preceding Christmas but it was not to be and there where no thread updates regarding calls in the week before Christmas, so i do not think they made any calls in this week. I imagine they done one week of calls and then nothing since.

So back in november their were some initial call ups from the panel to begin training immediately and in think the OOM got up to approx 20.

So lets say in the calling spree pre-Christmas they reached 80 on the Dublin OOM, I cannot see how they will realistically have 200 officer trained by end March.

Lets say of this 60 places in the OOM some were on the Dublin panels but refused, and others refused for other reasons. Lets say there were 15 refusals. Which would give 45 trainees in Jan-Feb subject to Garda clearance.

45 is well short of the projected quantity which makes me think all decisions on this are completely reactive to the UK. Earlier reports have stated these positions were not dependent on Brexit. I think they are now awaiting the outcome of the vote in the UK before going any further with trainees and are perhaps guessing A50 will be extended.

I was hoping for a call maybe this week but seems like all is gone silent.

Good luck to all trainees starting soon.

One question I have is that when they make the offer of training, can this offer be removed? At what point is the contract signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

I believe that the first (open to correction) batch of COs for Rosslare has been called up. 5 weeks training commencing in Dublin on Jan 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    I believe that the first (open to correction) batch of COs for Rosslare has been called up. 5 weeks training commencing in Dublin on Jan 28th.

Hey Paddy, any idea how many in the first batch for Rosslare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

olly2018 wrote: »

One question I have is that when they make the offer of training, can this offer be removed? At what point is the contract signed?

Being a paranoid individual, I actually looked into this!!

I found the quote below in relation to Irish employment law:

"Secondly, the employee has accepted the offer of employment but has not yet commenced employment. Once an offer has been made and accepted the long established principles of contract law apply. That is, is there has been and offer and acceptance of that offer and the parties intended to enter into legal relations then a binding contract is in place."

Advertisement