Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

No word on numbers. however, I wouldn't fancy the idea of commuting and or finding accommodation in Dublin for 5 weeks! pain in the ass and pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    Hey Paddy, any idea how many in the first batch for Rosslare?

That's interesting to hear. At long last Rosslare is moving. Be interesting to find out how many have been called so far.

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    No word on numbers. however, I wouldn't fancy the idea of commuting and or finding accommodation in Dublin for 5 weeks! pain in the ass and pocket!

I assume you can claim subsistence allowance for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The red bull

weadick wrote: »
    What is the point in a batch 2 for Cork when batch one hasnt been touched yet and it doesn't look likely it ever will.

Revenue has just advertised internally for positions for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Iano1987

I just got a message with an invitation to Stage 3 in 2 weeks I am at something like 130 after stage 2

• Advertisement

Iano1987 wrote: »
    I just got a message with an invitation to Stage 3 in 2 weeks I am at something like 130 after stage 2

Congrats on the interview! You will get a new order of merit after the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

Just got the interview invitation. I'm at 125 in Dublin. Fingers crossed!

willcartel wrote: »

Congrats, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

I assume only Dublin batch 2 have been called for interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bidit

What happens if you've been offered an interview in Dublin but you want the position in Wexford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Has anyone who is batch one and done vetting seen a contract yet? They are cutting it close with training starting on Feb 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lyrab23

Can anyone who has started the training tell us if it is operating on a Monday to Friday basis in Dublin City Center or variable depending on your chosen Location?

Please and thanks :)

Bidit wrote: »
    What happens if you've been offered an interview in Dublin but you want the position in Wexford?

Do you mean the interview is in Dublin or the interview is for the dublin region?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bidit

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Do you mean the interview is in Dublin or the interview is for the dublin region?

The interview is for the Dublin region. I chose two regions but would prefer Wexford

Bidit wrote: »
    Annie K64 wrote: »

The interview is for the Dublin region. I chose two regions but would prefer Wexford

This can get complicated.

Basically you do the interview once even if you have 2 areas picked.

Your scores are used for both Dublin and Wexford and you will get a new oom. BUT you will only get a new oom for Wexford when they call batch 2 for Wexford for interviews.

I think that's the outline of it

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

willcartel wrote: »

Are in Batch 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Heisenberg79

revenent wrote: »
    Has anyone who is batch one and done vetting seen a contract yet? They are cutting it close with training starting on Feb 11th.

My wife has seen contract. She is starting on Monday 14th her training in Dublin. There was no mention about shift allowance or shifts indication in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

fungijay wrote: »
    Are in Batch 1 or 2?

Batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Apparently there has been an internal revenue comp announced for Trade Facilitation in Cork only. Disaster for anyone who applied for there. What a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Apparently there has been an internal revenue comp announced for Trade Facilitation in Cork only. Disaster for anyone who applied for there. What a waste of time.

According to Simon Coveney, 3000 people applied for these jobs, I would have expected the number to be higher.

Also surprised that a minister from Cork, didn’t secure more jobs for his area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Same happened in Dublin before they went to external panel. So at least something is happening. Wouldnt lose heart just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

If it’s an internal competition in Revenue it will be for EO grade positions, they wouldn’t have a comp for CO’s for CO posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Samjd wrote: »
    If it’s an internal competition in Revenue it will be for EO grade positions, they wouldn’t have a comp for CO’s for CO posts.

In Dublin they did have a comp for internal COs'. The incentive being the shift allowance, however there was very little uptake. I would imagine this comp is probably for internal people with some revenue experience to take on EO roles and mentor the upcoming intake of external COs.... Just guessing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

greenb wrote: »
    In Dublin they did have a comp for internal COs'. The incentive being the shift allowance, however there was very little uptake. I would imagine this comp is probably for internal people with some revenue experience to take on EO roles and mentor the upcoming intake of external COs.... Just guessing though.

Its also an issue where sequencing for filling positions has to be implented where possible.

Sequencing would be filling of posts from Open, Confined and Internak Panels. 4 posts avsilable would mean Open, Confined, Internal and Open. If a 5th post arose then its off the Confined and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

In Dublin they did have a comp for internal COs'.

This is true, revenue do hold internal campaigns for customs roles at CO grade. Many of these custom jobs are three year 'assignments' and even those working specifically in customs have to reapply for their roles. If they dont get through, they go back to revenue general service.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Nope, 3 emails went out last week. One for HEO, one for EO and one for CO. A number of locations including Portloais/Portarlington

In Dublin they did have a comp for internal COs'.

This is true, revenue do hold internal campaigns for customs roles at CO grade. Many of these custom jobs are three year 'assignments' and even those working specifically in customs have to reapply for their roles. If they dont get through, they go back to revenue general service.

If I am not mistaken they actually ran 2 comps for Dublin and Wexford. The shift allowance wasn't the carrot they were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrTvw

Has there been any movement from batch 1 with people with OOM 80 to 100?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

the vote tonight increases the chances that the government will take people on for border patrol.

I wonder what will the situation be if people are taken on and subsequently they are not needed ie. if brexit is stopped do we have any hope of being kept on in the civil service or will we be ejected out like hot cakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillo1888

MrTvw wrote: »
    Has there been any movement from batch 1 with people with OOM 80 to 100?!
    Im in the 80s haven't heard anything yet

Advertisement