Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    completed mine last night.did people get emails conforming it was completed ?

No you don't get confirmation email. Once you get to the last page and hit submit thats it.

If in doubt, hit the link in messages again. Once you hit ok on the name page it will tell you that you have already submitted the live test and you can not do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

No you don't get confirmation email. Once you get to the last page and hit submit thats it.

If in doubt, hit the link in messages again. Once you hit ok on the name page it will tell you that you have already submitted the live test and you can not do it again.

Thanks Mike,
    Mike a quick question i heard and read to get a customs officer role you need to be already employed by revenue so do you think this would perhaps be a good stepping stone ? you seem to have a lot of info on the role,Also i spoke to someone in relating to this role and for others applying there is an awful lot of administrative work in the role well so im told that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0918/994438-cabinet/

"Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney will seek Cabinet approval to recruit 450 customs and veterinary inspectors as part of the preparations for Brexit.

The Government had previously stated that just over 1,000 customs, technical, veterinary and food inspectors would be recruited to prepare ports and airports for Brexit."

Thanks Mike,
    Mike a quick question i heard and read to get a customs officer role you need to be already employed by revenue so do you think this would perhaps be a good stepping stone ? you seem to have a lot of info on the role,Also i spoke to someone in relating to this role and for others applying there is an awful lot of administrative work in the role well so im told that is

Only from speaking to others.

A few years ago i did meet a customs manager from rosslare alright who said the same thing that customs officers are recruited internally.

From what i have been told of this role you are asuch "revenue staff" working within the customs division so while the job is permanent, after three year you maybe reassigned to a different role not in customs.

If they are recruiting for customs officers i would imagine you would have a better chance of getting in having worked work within customs division but i would presume you have to be in the job at least two years to be eligible for any internal competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Will they announce how many people have applied for these jobs im expecting thousands but just curious

• Advertisement

Will they announce how many people have applied for these jobs im expecting thousands but just curious

No they never do. Like in the general service CO 2018 campaign, they might tell you what you scored in stage 1 and if you were in the top, middle or bottom third but thats about all they will say.

After stage 1 you will ether pass or fail to meet the standard. If you pass youll be given an order of the merit which will decide who and when people will called to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 schoopi

Just wondering if you know what "the standard" is - ie how many questions have to be correct in each section to pass - is it the same number as the test scenarios on the PAS website or does "the standard" vary with each campaign?
    Thanks.

schoopi wrote: »
    Just wondering if you know what "the standard" is - ie how many questions have to be correct in each section to pass - is it the same number as the test scenarios on the PAS website or does "the standard" vary with each campaign?
    Thanks.

Unfortunately not, I dont know how they break down the points per question/section etc but in the CO 2018 the standard was 300/800 points (37.5%) but I don't know if that will be the same in this compaign or if it varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

schoopi wrote: »
    Thanks.

Well you know the pass mark for the three sections and you get a feedback sheet including the average scores

• Registered Users Posts: 8 schoopi

Thanks - do you know what the pass mark for each section is ? Does it vary with each campaign or not?

• Advertisement

Banananana wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether they plan to take on EO and higher grades also?
    Revenue ran an EO campaign back in July for Tax, Audit and Compliance... they are also expected to run an AO campaign in about October.

After that the bog-standard PAS EO campaign (excluding Dublin) is due in early 2019.

I wasn't far off ;-)

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

Hi All,

I have set up a new thread for any one interested:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057913020

Hi Folks, any links to the booklet. Tks in advance.

Information Booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Administrative Officer
    Closing Date: 3pm on Thursday 11th October 2018

The Administrative Officer (AO) is the main graduate recruitment grade for the Civil Service and provides successful candidates with the opportunity to progress to middle management. As an AO, you would have a crucial role in policy and strategy formulation across the spectrum of economic, financial, international, environmental and social issues.

On this occasion the Civil Service is recruiting people who possess particular qualifications, skills and competencies in the following areas:

1. Human Resources
    2. Business/Finance
    3. Industrial and Employee Relations
    4. General

has any one apply for this one? is there a different page set up maybe separately for this or is same?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

2016claire wrote: »
    Administrative Officer

The Administrative Officer (AO) is the main graduate recruitment grade for the Civil Service and provides successful candidates with the opportunity to progress to middle management. As an AO, you would have a crucial role in policy and strategy formulation across the spectrum of economic, financial, international, environmental and social issues.

On this occasion the Civil Service is recruiting people who possess particular qualifications, skills and competencies in the following areas:

1. Human Resources
    2. Business/Finance
    4. General

has any one apply for this one? is there a different page set up maybe separately for this or is same?

Is AO a level underneath EO does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fin12 wrote: »

AO is 2 places higger than a Higher Executive Officer

billie1b wrote: »

If it’s higher than a HEO whys the starting salary 30grand?

€31,221

If it’s higher than a HEO whys the starting salary 30grand?

It is 'technically' equal to the HEO but the salary is lower because its a graduate training programme.

From what I have been told your expected to move into a HEO role or seek promotion to AP (next level up) within 5 years of starting the AO. Although its possible, your not meant to be an AO forever.

€31,221

Ya still lower than a HEO?

• Advertisement

2016claire wrote: »
    Administrative Officer

1. Human Resources
    2. Business/Finance
    4. General

Hi All,

I have set up a new thread for any one interested:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057913020

I put this up the other day its a different competition with different entry requirements.

Ya still lower than a HEO?

Yeah because it’s like a graduate programme

Yeah because it’s like a graduate programme

Ya mike answered the question not you, all you did was point out it was actually 1000 more.

Ya mike answered the question not you, all you did was point out it was actually 1000 more.

Yeah i didn’t see Mikes reply when I was answering back, if you’re not happy with peoples replies all the information you need is on impact.ie, grades, scales, salaries etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Supervised tests 5th and 6th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Got a email today about making a booking for 5th-6th October.

These must be urgent positions that they are trying to fill as the process is moving much quicker than i expected.

From the other competitions they seem to give an OOM after stage one but i did not receive this. Anyone else receive an OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

jodaw wrote: »

These must be urgent positions that they are trying to fill as the process is moving much quicker than i expected.

From the other competitions they seem to give an OOM after stage one but i did not receive this. Anyone else receive an OOM?

I was just about to reply that I hadn't received an OOM yet. I haven't gotten an email about supervised tests though either. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Received an invite to the next stage also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

jodaw wrote: »

What is an OOM?

• Advertisement

What is an OOM?

Order of Merit

Advertisement