Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justin_lucas

Kiwi5449 wrote: »
    My sister has interview Friday. Does anyone from batch 1 recall any questions ask? Or recall if they asked the competencies in the order they appear on the booklet?

Thanks!
    They will basically go through your application form in fine detail. They asked me about my experience and how I felt it will be relevant to the role.
    Ensure you look up and have a good understanding of the role, what’s expected and how you know you will perform well if successful (ensure you draw from your experience in other positions to prove)
    After that just be positive and confident.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

My sister has interview Friday. Does anyone from batch 1 recall any questions ask? Or recall if they asked the competencies in the order they appear on the booklet?

Thanks!

Competencies are all asked, they were for me anyway. No specific order. Usual stuff e.g. why you want to leave current job, what do you know about trade and what may be involved in the role. Are you used to working in teams, shift work and all that. Make sure you back through this thread as there was lot of good info in it!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkElsewhere

Thanks!

Is she batch 1 or are they onto batch 2 for Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

Is she batch 1 or are they onto batch 2 for Dublin now?

She’s batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jungle_fever

If you are successful after the interview when do you find out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Is it too late to apply for this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrTvw

Soulsun wrote: »
    Is it too late to apply for this post?

Yes unfortunately its well passed the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dillo1888

If you are successful after the interview when do you find out ?

I done my interview on the 25/10 and got the results 6 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dickfeeley90

90s reached in batch one Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

90s reached in batch one Dublin!

Has Cork or Wexford even been touched yet?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the hours for the 5 weeks of training?

MrTvw wrote: »

Supposed to be office hours hence the standard co pay during the course of it.

Cork won't be touched at all according to the person I spoke to a few weeks ago in HR for the competition.
    No experience with wexford.
    Although like everything this could change at any point.

revenent wrote: »
    Supposed to be office hours hence the standard co pay during the course of it.

Thanks for that, by any chance fo you know what it finishes every day?!

Thanks for that, by any chance fo you know what it finishes every day?!

Off the top of my head it was 9 to 5 but it is starting on half 9 the first day.
    If similar to other co training it may finish before or slightly after that depending on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

revenent wrote: »
    Cork won't be touched at all according to the person I spoke to a few weeks ago in HR for the competition.
    No experience with wexford.
    Although like everything this could change at any point.

I heard Cork may be touched after March

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0124/1025161-400-extra-staff-for-revenue-to-deal-with-no-deal-brexit/

If we are only up to 90's in oom, the revenue commissioner is telling awful fibs to the government!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

fungijay wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0124/1025161-400-extra-staff-for-revenue-to-deal-with-no-deal-brexit/

If we are only up to 90's in oom, the revenue commissioner is telling awful fibs to the government!

Well not government, its a oireachtas committee.

All his really saying is that revenue is "on track" to have 400 recruited by the end of march, that is possible .

During the EO campaign they interviewed 300 candidates over 6 weeks with two boards. Thats about 25 candidates per board per week (25*2*6)

They could put more boards together to conducting the interviews faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Well not government, its a oireachtas committee.

All his really saying is that revenue is "on track" to have 400 recruited by the end of march, that is possible .

During the EO campaign they interviewed 300 candidates over 6 weeks with two boards. Thats about 25 candidates per board per week (25*2*6)

They could put more boards together to conducting the interviews faster.

Also, I assume not all 400 are from this list as there has also been some internal recruitment to Trade Facilitation. I was oom 70s and have a Feb start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkElsewhere

greenb wrote: »
    Also, I assume not all 400 are from this list as there has also been some internal recruitment

Yes, it sounds from the article that many of the initial 400 will be redeployments, some temporary, but that many more actual new staff will be taken on by the end of 2019.
    "We are on track to have over 400 (of 600) additional staff in place by the end of March; we have re-assigned serving staff, are preparing for any necessary further redeployments on a temporary basis; and will have the balancing complement of additional staff recruited by the end of 2019," he said.

Mr Cody said the central case for the recruitment of 600 staff was based on a the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period and the full implementation of the process from January 2021.

He said in the event of a no deal those numbers will have to be pulled forward as soon as possible this year, but 600 staff will remain the number, even there is a no deal.

• Advertisement

greenb wrote: »
    Also, I assume not all 400 are from this list as there has also been some internal recruitment to Trade Facilitation. I was oom 70s and have a Feb start date.

Tbh that story came from a leaked statement ahead of todays oireactas committee meeting.

I listen to his actual statement and it sounds as tho they expect to have 400 staff recruited and trained by march 29.

So i take back the my original comment. Even if it were only 200 from this panel, i dont see how its possible to interview, vet, hire with notice and complete 5 weeks training before the march 29 deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Anyone else from Cork feeling so disheartened? Did they even interview a batch 2 for Cork?

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Anyone else from Cork feeling so disheartened? Did they even interview a batch 2 for Cork?

Yes very. And i havent heard anything, im in the top 20.

It seems like cork has just dropped off the map.

Are you batch 1? I'm top 40 and just so annoyed after the effort of going to Dublin twice for it to now to hear absolutely nothing. Bit annoying.

Are you batch 1? I'm top 40 and just so annoyed after the effort of going to Dublin twice for it to now to hear absolutely nothing. Bit annoying.

Yeah batch 2, are you batch 1 or 2?

Yeah batch 2, are you batch 1 or 2?

I'm batch 1. Surely they wouldn't have called a second batch if they didn't have some idea as to the amount of vacancies there would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jungle_fever

Dillo1888 wrote: »
    I done my interview on the 25/10 and got the results 6 days later

Did you get a phone call or email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sam2079

Could be a 9 start first day but most days are 10-3ish
    And early finish on Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Sister was in top 10 for Cork, batch 1. But has been offered a permanent clerical job with City council which she's going to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Yes, it sounds from the article that many of the initial 400 will be redeployments, some temporary, but that many more actual new staff will be taken on by the end of 2019.
    "We are on track to have over 400 (of 600) additional staff in place by the end of March; we have re-assigned serving staff, are preparing for any necessary further redeployments on a temporary basis; and will have the balancing complement of additional staff recruited by the end of 2019," he said.

Mr Cody said the central case for the recruitment of 600 staff was based on a the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period and the full implementation of the process from January 2021.

He said in the event of a no deal those numbers will have to be pulled forward as soon as possible this year, but 600 staff will remain the number, even there is a no deal.

Revenue are recruiting as many staff internally as they can (as evidenced by the recent competition for promotion to EO for Trade Facilitation) for these positions - the resulting vacancies been filled from the general CO panels. Only were they can't fill the positions will they recruit from the open panel.

Does anyone have a breakdown of the numbers required by location and grades?

Advertisement