Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lyrab23

Thanks @Sam2079 - all of that info really helps.
    I’m OOM early mid 20s (batch 1) for Wexford and haven’t heard anything yet.

Luckily, I’m in a job at the moment so I have plenty of patience for the process (I feel bad for those just waiting though, it is hard).

My only concerns are for the amount of notice given (hopefully it’s 2 weeks!) and also the training in Dublin.

I have two small kids, so the training hours in Dublin will definitely affect whether I see them at all during the week, Monday - Friday.

It would have been nice to know in advance so that I could prepare with their childcare (and emotionally!!) but I’d be blessed to get this job and it’s for their benefit so no complaints from me.

I guess everyone is just waiting for it to unfold. If it helps - I know offhand that they are calling OOM 400s (batch 1) up to aptitude tests next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Does anybody know the shift structure for Dublin airport and if it's the same as the port?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jungle_fever

Did anyone that done an interview last week hear back yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

For those interested, the House of Commons has passed the Spelman Amendment which states:
    "and rejects the United Kingdom leaving the European Union without a Withdrawal Agreement and a Framework for the Future Relationship"

In other words, the UK government has now been blocked from leaving the EU with a deal in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

For those interested, the House of Commons has passed the Spelman Amendment which states:
    "and rejects the United Kingdom leaving the European Union without a Withdrawal Agreement and a Framework for the Future Relationship"

In other words, the UK government has now been blocked from leaving the EU with a deal in place.

This is non legal binding so means not a jot in fact the No's gained 30 votes.

The copper amendment was the real block to no deal and it failed.

• Advertisement

And the Brady Amendment which states:
    “and requires the Northern Ireland backstop to be replaced with alternative arrangements to avoid a hard border; supports leaving the European Union with a deal and would therefore support the Withdrawal Agreement subject to this change.”

In other words, the goverment cant agree to the current backstop arrangement but can agree to the deal if the backstop is removed or amended.

With these two resolutions passed, we can expect delays in the recruitment process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

With these two resolutions passed, we can expect delays in the recruitment process.

not really the EU has stated that the backstop is the only show in town and the irish government will not yield on it so in essence we are looking at the increased (if it could be increased any more) likelihood of a No deal brexit

fergus1001 wrote: »

not really the EU has stated that the backstop is the only show in town and the irish government will not yield on it so in essence we are looking at the increased (if it could be increased any more) likelihood of a No deal brexit

This is my understanding of it. They had a chance to take no deal completely out in either grieves or cooper amendment and they both lost.

Yet they vote in the "symbolic" ( not legally binding and does nothing) a no to no deal.

And now theresa May has voted down the agreement SHE agreed too to go back and renegotiate with the E.U. who have said they won't reopen talks

No wonder revenue don't know what to do with these jobs.

gizmo23 wrote: »

What I understood was that its not binding on the EU obviously, but it is on the UK government, they can't leave without a deal and they cant agree to the current backstop.

If the withdrawal agreement isn't renegotiated (which it probably won't in the short term), they will have to seek an extension

[thats no different to the copper amendment except that the parlament isn't specifying how long the extension must be or what the 'new date' should be... it will be up to Tereasa May to decide and agree with the EU]

gizmo23 wrote: »

What I understood was that its not binding on the EU obviously, but it is on the UK government, they can't leave without a deal and they cant agree to the current backstop.

If the withdrawal agreement isn't renegotiated, they will have to seek an extension

[thats no different to the copper amendment except that the parlament isn't specifying how long the extension must be or what the 'new date' should be... it will be up to Tereasa May to decide and agree with the EU]

According to Laura kuessenberg on Twitter the Speilman amendment does not compel the British government to change policy or change the legislation that's in there law to leave on 29th with or without deal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1090342483618349056

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

no it's not binding on anyone it's an indicative vote, we already knew there was a large majority who do not want a No deal but if Mrs May can't get the EU to reopen negotiations then the UK leaves on the 29th of March without a deal as the law in Britain currently dictates

fergus1001 wrote: »
    no it's not binding on anyone it's an indicative vote, we already knew there was a large majority who do not want a No deal but if Mrs May can't get the EU to reopen negotiations then the UK leaves on the 29th of March without a deal as the law in Britain currently dictates

Well that was misleading then... but its kinda good for us so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Did anyone that done an interview last week hear back yet ?

I did mine on Monday the 21st but haven’t heard anything yet. I’m hoping to hear before the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Offer in today for Dublin Port 110's OOM

Did you get a call for the job ?

Did you get a call for the job ?

Yeah got the call today at about 12:30. Actually missed it and nearly had a heart attack trying to call them back but got through in the end. Training to start 18th Feb :D:D

Yeah got the call today at about 12:30. Actually missed it and nearly had a heart attack trying to call them back but got through in the end. Training to start 18th Feb :D:D

Congrats!! When did you sit the interview??

Dools22 wrote: »
    Congrats!! When did you sit the interview??

If I recall correctly I think it was the 23rd October, could be wrong but in and around then anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Congrats! Wish Wexford would start moving 😀

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Dumitru Ivanov

Congrats, mate! Really happy to hear it.
    I wish you the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

I just got my interview result there. I'm batch 2. Moved from OOM 125 up to 10. Needless to say I'm chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

From 50 up to 15, I'm a happy bunny!

willcartel wrote: »
    I just got my interview result there. I'm batch 2. Moved from OOM 125 up to 10. Needless to say I'm chuffed!

Congrats well done!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    From 50 up to 15, I'm a happy bunny!

Well done, great news

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkElsewhere

That's some jump. If it's possible to move that much, it seems like the test isn't weighted at all, or very little, at this stage. I would have expected that how you do in the test would count as much as the interview when it comes to the final OOM.

Anybody know how many people have been placed in batch 1??

I also got the same email , any ideas what happens next does this mean we are successful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Just got mine too! Moved from 45 to 8! Delighted

Dools22 wrote: »
    Anybody know how many people have been placed in batch 1??

At least 110 in Dublin and Roslare is in the late teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

At least 110 in Dublin and Roslare is in the late teens.

Hey EmmetWhitey just wondering where you heard about Rosslare?

Advertisement