Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Diarmaid38 wrote: »
    Hey EmmetWhitey just wondering where you heard about Rosslare?

From the person in Revenue who offered me the position in Dublin Port yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭pdev

Do you still start on the bottom of the payscale regardless of your education background?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

pdev wrote:
    Do you still start on the bottom of the payscale regardless of your education background?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jungle_fever

I have moved my OOM FROM 173 to the 30’s does anyone know what happens now once you get the email congratulating you have made it to the third stage

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

I have moved my OOM FROM 173 to the 30’s does anyone know what happens now once you get the email congratulating you have made it to the third stage

Damn, I must have just missed the cut for interviews in Batch 2, I'm 190. Still waiting on interview. This is getting confusing, initially there was batch 1, 2 & 3, now batch 1, batch 2 split into subsections 1 & 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

They really seem to be ramping up I know 3/4 staff from other departments that are starting training in the next couple of weeks. I sat the tests myself Monday gone. It looks like they are really pushing ahead to have "boots on the ground" for Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

cw67irl wrote: »
    They really seem to be ramping up I know 3/4 staff from other departments that are starting training in the next couple of weeks. I sat the tests myself Monday gone. It looks like they are really pushing ahead to have "boots on the ground" for Brexit

Except in Cork for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

Has anyone from Wexford been offered a position yet? If so what OOM have reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rickyfus

Just received the email after the interview and am number 95 in batch 2.1 Dublin

Does anyone, who has started, know what the actual shift times are for the Dublin post's ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

question if brexit goes the opposite way and they are in the customs union what happens to the people taken on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

fergus1001 wrote: »
    question if brexit goes the opposite way and they are in the customs union what happens to the people taken on ?

That question I believe was pretty much answered in the information booklet. Unless I read or understood wrong; redeployment elsewhere in Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willcartel

Hi all, as I'm number 10 in the OOM merit in batch 2, I'm wondering how far down the list they plan on going from batch 1. AFAIK they've already called about 120. Anyone have any inkling about when they'll start pulling from batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Just out of curiosity are there any other Donegal people on here that have accepted an offer already for Dublin or awaiting an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Hey, anybody know what oom we are up to in Dublin and Rosslare? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

Just out of curiosity are there any other Donegal people on here that have accepted an offer already for Dublin or awaiting an offer?

Hi Emmett I have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaptainPoint

Hi All,

Does anyone know who to contact re: OOM, I rang PAS who have said revenue now deal with the panel and had no contact for further info. I emailed revenue over a week ago from the contact email on our interview results but no reply. Has anyone successfully contacted Revenue about the panel and if so how.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Hi All,

Does anyone know who to contact re: OOM, I rang PAS who have said revenue now deal with the panel and had no contact for further info. I emailed revenue over a week ago from the contact email on our interview results but no reply. Has anyone successfully contacted Revenue about the panel and if so how.

Thanks.

Removed is the contact email PAS gave me. I emailed them but no reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Removed is the contact email PAS gave me. I emailed them but no reply yet

I dont know about this campaign but for EO & AO it is PanelPlacings@Revenue.ie so I would presume its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

Two of my colleagues that transferred over to this role are already supposed to be looking to come back....it has a bad reputation already I’ll be turning it down

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

knickyb wrote: »
    Two of my colleagues that transferred over to this role are already supposed to be looking to come back....it has a bad reputation already I’ll be turning it down

Any particular reasons given? Just a blanket statement like that doesn't really relate to anything. Multiple reasons not related to the role could be the causing factor. Would appriciate any more info you could provide!

• Advertisement

revenent wrote: »
    Any particular reasons given? Just a blanket statement like that doesn't really relate to anything. Multiple reasons not related to the role could be the causing factor. Would appriciate any more info you could provide!

Its not good rewarding work /all the good shifts are gone and it’s not at all what it is cracked up to be... it’s not supposed to be worth the allowance and I know of probably 15-20people who have turned it down ...but I’m only passing on whatever I’m hearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

knickyb wrote: »
    Its not good rewarding work /all the good shifts are gone and it’s not at all what it is cracked up to be... it’s not supposed to be worth the allowance and I know of probably 15-20people who have turned it down ...but I’m only passing on whatever I’m hearing

I'm guessing this is Dublin port. So what are the shifts? I heard 5am to 2pm and 2 to 10pm. Would this be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

DoreenB wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is Dublin port. So what are the shifts? I heard 5am to 2pm and 2 to 10pm. Would this be right?

At the moment they’re

5am - 1pm
    1pm - 9pm
    9pm - 5am

they’re also looking to introduce more shifts as they hire more people

port & airport....theres weekend work included but they are the shifts yes. as i said before im not trying to be negative as i know alot of people are excited about the jobs just passing on what im hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ianb97

I emailed Panel Placings and they informed me that they have not moved onto Batch 2.1 for Dublin yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Results from the most recent batch of tests are out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

Calls being made to wexford panel this afternoon, training starting on 4th of March for 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Tio07 wrote: »
    Calls being made to wexford panel this afternoon, training starting on 4th of March for 5 weeks.

Do you know how many they are calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Tio07 wrote: »

Hey Tio07, what OOM are you? I'm on the Rosslare panel aswell. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

I'm batch 2.2,
    just got a message asking if I wish to transfer my application and interview for the dept agri, food & marine as CO port inspector.
    Anyone else get this?
    Have to reply by tomorrow and if I accept I'll be removed from the CO tfu panel..
    Very little info given, only a brief summary of the role, no info on the number of positions..
    Seems very rushed, after waiting 5 months for the TFU, I now only have 24 hours to decide to leave the panel..

Advertisement