Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

I got the same email about the dept of agriculture and the marine and I am not even on a panel as yet i.e. I havent had any interviews ....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

fungijay wrote: »
    I'm batch 2.2,
    just got a message asking if I wish to transfer my application and interview for the dept agri, food & marine as CO port inspector.
    Anyone else get this?
    Have to reply by tomorrow and if I accept I'll be removed from the CO tfu panel..
    Very little info given, only a brief summary of the role, no info on the number of positions..
    Seems very rushed, after waiting 5 months for the TFU, I now only have 24 hours to decide to leave the panel..

Hi, that's for Dublin Airport, it was offered internally to the Civil Service a few weekd ago. It involves shift work and you must have your own car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

The general Clerical Officer 2018 panel are finally being offered jobs in Cork Revenue. I presume Customs offers for Cork wont be far off?.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Do you know how many they are calling?

Hi Annie, my oom is in the high teens, I don’t know how many being called up for this training round.

Tio07 wrote: »
    Hi Annie, my oom is in the high teens, I don’t know how many being called up for this training round.

Thanks Tio07, I'm 34 oom. Will you let us know how many get called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I'm batch 2.2,
    just got a message asking if I wish to transfer my application and interview for the dept agri, food & marine as CO port inspector.
    Anyone else get this?
    Have to reply by tomorrow and if I accept I'll be removed from the CO tfu panel..
    Very little info given, only a brief summary of the role, no info on the number of positions..
    Seems very rushed, after waiting 5 months for the TFU, I now only have 24 hours to decide to leave the panel..
    Daisy_32 wrote: »
    I got the same email about the dept of agriculture and the marine and I am not even on a panel as yet i.e. I havent had any interviews ....

Personally I wouldn't accept that purely out of the lack of information,

If its something you would consider, I'd suggest emailing them and tell them you would not mind adding your application for the DAFM role but that you would like to remain in this campaign also.

I don't see why they need to remove you from this campaign until such time as you have receive an offer. you might be lucky, transfer your application and get a job straight away or you could transfer your application and watch people on this campaign getting interviews/jobs as you wait for a job that might never come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

fungijay wrote:
    I'm batch 2.2, just got a message asking if I wish to transfer my application and interview for the dept agri, food & marine as CO port inspector. Anyone else get this? Have to reply by tomorrow and if I accept I'll be removed from the CO tfu panel.. Very little info given, only a brief summary of the role, no info on the number of positions.. Seems very rushed, after waiting 5 months for the TFU, I now only have 24 hours to decide to leave the panel..

that's ridiculous, why isn't the DAFM job being run through the PAS like every other job I'd love a Craic at that job

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tio07

Thanks Tio07, I'm 34 oom. Will you let us know how many get called?

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 marto501

Hi, that's for Dublin Airport, it was offered internally to the Civil Service a few weekd ago. It involves shift work and you must have your own car too.

There not for the airport. The one advertised internally was for one co/pi replacing someone who left. These DAFM posts would be for the port.

There’s a rumour of 29 CO/PI in DAFM for the port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Personally I wouldn't accept that purely out of the lack of information,

If its something you would consider, I'd suggest emailing them and tell them you would not mind adding your application for the DAFM role but that you would like to remain in this campaign also.

I don't see why they need to remove you from this campaign until such time as you have receive an offer. you might be lucky, transfer your application and get a job straight away or you could transfer your application and watch people on this campaign getting interviews/jobs as you wait for a job that might never come.

Indeed,
    They say that interviews will commence shortly with roles being filled as soon as possible, as I am in Batch 2.2, I know that there is at least 170 people ahead of me waiting on an offer. The potential for a quicker/any placement is there, I suppose that's the toss up of accepting it.

The email categorically states that expression of interest in the role means you will no longer be considered for vacancies that may arise in CO ctfu.
    Having thought about a little longer, I've got to consider that revenue are happy with the numbers of people they have offered jobs to, and have interviewed from batch 2.1 to cover the positions they will fill in the coming months to allow the remainder be offered interviews in dept agri.
    So accept an offer for interview/placement that's to be filled ASAP, or wait for a position ctfu that may never be offered.
    I think I'll put my name in the hat for the CO port inspector.

marto501 wrote: »
    There not for the airport. The one advertised internally was for one co/pi replacing someone who left. These DAFM posts would be for the port.

The one I saw internally was for Dublin Airport on a Secondment basis

The one I saw internally was for Dublin Airport on a Secondment basis

That was to replace just one person on secondment. There are expressions of interest in agriculture at the moment but they’ll be for the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Indeed,
    They say that interviews will commence shortly with roles being filled as soon as possible, as I am in Batch 2.2, I know that there is at least 170 people ahead of me waiting on an offer. The potential for a quicker/any placement is there, I suppose that's the toss up of accepting it.

The email categorically states that expression of interest in the role means you will no longer be considered for vacancies that may arise in CO ctfu.
    Having thought about a little longer, I've got to consider that revenue are happy with the numbers of people they have offered jobs to, and have interviewed from batch 2.1 to cover the positions they will fill in the coming months to allow the remainder be offered interviews in dept agri.
    So accept an offer for interview/placement that's to be filled ASAP, or wait for a position ctfu that may never be offered.
    I think I'll put my name in the hat for the CO port inspector.

Thats a fair point but its also probable that Revenue don't know and PAS are just looking for a quick way to put a panel together without running a new full campaign.

Did they get any information about the role? it would be hard to interview without proper information... I presume its shift work also, will they still be offering you the shift allowance etc?.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Thats a fair point but its also probable that Revenue don't know and PAS are just looking for a quick way to put a panel together without running a new full campaign.

Did they get any information about the role? it would be hard to interview without proper information... I presume its shift work also, will they still be offering you the shift allowance etc?.

Role of the Clerical Officer Portal Inspector

Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role of the Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (COPI) is to assist the Veterinary Inspector in the performance of Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) checks at Border Inspection Posts (BIP) on all imports into Ireland from third countries (countries outside the EU) primarily with respect to live animals and products of animal origin (food and other), These SPS checks include the following: pre-notification checks, documentary checks, identity checks and physical checks

Current shift arrangements
    Currently, COPIs are required to work 5 days (43 hours 15 minutes) over a six day period i.e. Monday to Saturday. A shift premium of 17% is payable for this arrangement. COPIs may be required to work different shifts each day between the hours of 6am and 9pm. COPIs may be required to work Sundays from time to time and overtime at the appropriate rate will be paid.

There is more info, but that's a summary. And they say depending on brexit, it may become a 24h role and premium will increase to 25%

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I hope it's 30 new places from the open panel.

Only 30 though. Would have thought it would be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I hope it's 30 new places from the open panel.

I'll second that, is there anywhere we can find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cb92

Anyone heard from Dublin 2.1 yet that’s on the panel ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Cb92 wrote: »
    Anyone heard from Dublin 2.1 yet that’s on the panel ??

I sent an email to the revenue and they told me that they hadn’t started working on batch 2.1 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cb92

Dools22 wrote: »
    I sent an email to the revenue and they told me that they hadn’t started working on batch 2.1 yet.

Ye done same myself .. just want an update sfter 5 months not much to ask for

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dools22

Cb92 wrote: »
    Ye done same myself .. just want an update sfter 5 months not much to ask for
    I was talking to a friend who works in the civil service and they told me that depending on the position it could take three months for them to reach your oom number

Dools22 wrote: »

Which email address did you use?

Is that someone’s personal revenue email ? You can’t post that on here.

It's the address PAS gave as the contact email address for revenue in regards to this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Is that someone’s personal revenue email ? You can’t post that on here.

I'd be rather p*ssed off if my personal address was posted on here regardless if PAS had it on the info book.

There are shared email boxes usually for a reason. By posting an individuals here it means poor snip is going to get a load of general email enquiries about every Revenue comp/query and will be expected to answer each one.

When you all get placed and youre dealing with the general public youll soon learn never to give your personal address out too often :)

Same thing happened a colleague of mine and they had to request it be removed as they were getting all manner of queries

No one meant any harm by saying what email address they had been given to use to contact revenue. I certainly didn't anyway. PAS shouldn't give out email addresses to people if we're not supposed to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

No one meant any harm by saying what email address they had been given to use to contact revenue. I certainly didn't anyway. PAS shouldn't give out email addresses to people if we're not supposed to use them.

I know there was no harm intended nor has any been really done. Personally i just wouldnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cbarr13

Hi all, I started with the with a civil service department at the beginning of this year from 2017 CO panel. I have now been offered Dublin Port - Revenue Customs & Trade Facilitation.
    Does anyone have any advice as to whether to stick with this Department or take the revenue post instead? Fairly sure I am going to stick with this post but just wanted any guidance as to what working for customs at Dublin Port is like?
    Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Cbarr13 wrote: »
    Hi all, I started with the with a civil service department at the beginning of this year from 2017 CO panel. I have now been offered Dublin Port - Revenue Customs & Trade Facilitation.
    Does anyone have any advice as to whether to stick with this Department or take the revenue post instead? Fairly sure I am going to stick with this post but just wanted any guidance as to what working for customs at Dublin Port is like?
    Thanks in advance!

Id imagine the biggest change will be the hours, Going from im assuming a flexi clock to 24/7 roster is going to be a big change. Im still in the process myself so i cant testify as to the operation of the TFU however i know from my own role its a big change in lifestyle going from the office to 24/7. It comes with 25% Shift allowance so roughly an extra 120eu assuming you are on the first point of CO.

Sorry i cant offer more insight into the TFU but id consider the lifestyle change. Personally my shift pattern for the most part suits me but i have seen a few people transfer in and try and return to the flex just as quick.

Just my 2c :)

Advertisement